x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

custom roms for 900c!

« Prev ... 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 ... Next »
Dan Page Icon Posted 2007-11-01 8:23 AM
#
H/PC Elite

If so putting a different coredll into the photo viewer folder and using executability check should do the trick..maybe I'll try later.

EDIT: I just saw your edited previous post. Good news

Edited by Dan 2007-11-01 8:27 AM
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2007-11-01 7:19 PM
#
H/PC Oracle

hey all, i'm away until saturday, then we can deal with this darn coredll... blame it on TFGBD, he never managed to get me a better one from his QFE'd up platform builder

and my apologies for keeping her away -- Olipro
 Top of the page
airhook Page Icon Posted 2007-11-01 7:43 PM
#
Factorite (Elite)

Thank's Cmonex,
You deserve a month off at least
Have a nice weekend
 Top of the page
DonL0001 Page Icon Posted 2007-11-02 1:52 PM
#
H/PC Philosopher

cmonex - 2007-11-01 8:19 PM

hey all, i'm away until saturday, then we can deal with this darn coredll... blame it on TFGBD, he never managed to get me a better one from his QFE'd up platform builder

A possible point of interest is that the combination of V2.0 and media player 1.07 may have resulted in my draining an extended battery to a reported zero level for the first time.

Since the failure mode produces a blank screen that cannot be soft-reset away, if you set the machine aside without doing a hard reset you can't distinguish a running machine from a suspended machine, with disparate results for the main battery charge, and a possible risk to the backup battery.

In the event, neither battery seems to have been impaired.

Regards, Don

Edited by DonL0001 2007-11-02 1:53 PM
 Top of the page
Bensawsome Page Icon Posted 2007-11-02 8:31 PM
#
H/PC Philosopher

Hey guys remember I said I that we should get a wiki going for the 900c custom ROMs? Well guess what! I did! I have set it up so anyone can edit it (but I would like if you registered under the name you use on HPC:Factor so we could give you credit especially you cmonex). If you want something uploaded to the server just PM me and I will upload it (I am going to email you cmonex later about this among other things)
Unfortunately I wasn’t able to add much mostly because I wasn’t sure where to start (63 pages! Who that’s a doozy )
Finally the link:
http://bensawsome.fr33webhost.com/Users/Ben/Desktop/wikiwig/index.html
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2007-11-03 1:41 PM
#
H/PC Oracle

Bensawsome: great thanks! if you don't get it going in the near future, i may try to make one too.

others: forgot this in changelog: - extra regional support, better accented char support, new countries selectable in regional settings!

as for blacking issue: TCPMP has always been like this, users have reported needing hard resetting before. as for resco, i will compare the coredlls and see what resco calls from coredll etc. etc. give me some time i just got home

i'd like to hear more bug reports if there is anything else, feel free to complain.

Edited by cmonex 2007-11-03 1:42 PM
 Top of the page
kitor Page Icon Posted 2007-11-03 2:25 PM
#
Factorite (Elite)

I had the same with TCPMP. I played for a while with MyMobiler, unchecked all options in Gapi setup, softrested my 900c, reconnected to my mobiler, touched keyboard... and the backlight went back! Also, when I have all options on first page on gapi setup unchecked, TCPMP runs fine without screen blanking.
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2007-11-03 5:20 PM
#
H/PC Oracle

very interesting, kitor!
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2007-11-03 5:23 PM
#
H/PC Oracle

Guyturf - 2007-11-01 3:27 AM

by the way Cmonex, you asked for feedback about the apps you included so...

thanks for your feedback

i don't want to put too many things in startup.. can you put microsoft mute here as an attachment? why is it better?

explorer mod, no need to bribe me, if everyone likes it it can go in for sure

one question that isotherm mentioned... do you all like this thesaurus thing? is word viewer missed at all? thesaurus was requested by some people and i found the word viewer useless as did many others.

everything I have tried thus far works amazing, and I for one like the high contrast white, it allows me to turn down the brightness and save some battery power

oh finally someone sees why i like it
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2007-11-03 5:26 PM
#
H/PC Oracle

to all: one last thing, how about rom flavours ?

or maybe it gets really easy for everyone to make roms now... we'll see soon. when i upload the new rom editing tutorial and tools, i'd like feedback.

to be honest, that really makes a big step forward...... to compile a rom (i.e. inserting files, modules) took literally hours before, now, it is like 1 min so much easier to test smaller changes at a time, etc..

Edited by cmonex 2007-11-03 5:28 PM
 Top of the page
airhook Page Icon Posted 2007-11-03 6:16 PM
#
Factorite (Elite)

one question that isotherm mentioned... do you all like this thesaurus thing? is word viewer missed at all? thesaurus was requested by some people and i found the word viewer useless as did many others.

I find this "thesaurus thing" great! It was what was missing from the HPC, compared to the Psions ( + colour screen, IE6... etc)

to all: one last thing, how about rom flavours ?

Chocolate? ( Someone had to do it)

i'd like to hear more bug reports if there is anything else, feel free to complain.

I played with Overclocker.
Had to hard reset several times after the MP900C froze, (used the other one for A/S backup, so no problems).
Also the MP900C would not recognise A/S untill hard reset.
This may be normal - sorry I don't know

Edited by airhook 2007-11-03 6:35 PM
 Top of the page
Guyturf Page Icon Posted 2007-11-03 6:23 PM
#
Factorite (Elite)

I like that I can tap on microsoft mute to just mute things in one step instead of two as with the other program. Not a big deal, but its small so maybe both could be included?

The explorer mod is really nice, but at least for now you can't tap and hold to get to the alt menu... if that is fixed then I vote for adding it in permanently.

As for the thesaurus, I've never looked for one nor tried it, so whatever folks want
 Top of the page
Bensawsome Page Icon Posted 2007-11-03 8:50 PM
#
H/PC Philosopher

And cmonex, I have noticed on mine with the v2 ROM that every once in a while it just freezes. Each time it froze I was doing something different. Should I email you a list of the apps I have installed on it? I never had to hard resest only soft.
Thanks for any help,
Ben

Edited by Bensawsome 2007-11-03 8:51 PM
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2007-11-03 10:09 PM
#
H/PC Oracle

airhook - 2007-11-04 12:16 AM

I played with Overclocker.
Had to hard reset several times after the MP900C froze, (used the other one for A/S backup, so no problems).
Also the MP900C would not recognise A/S untill hard reset.
This may be normal - sorry I don't know

oh, that is not a rom bug, if you overclock too much, then it will freeze hard.

Guyturf - 2007-11-04 12:23 AM

I like that I can tap on microsoft mute to just mute things in one step instead of two as with the other program. Not a big deal, but its small so maybe both could be included?

fine but please attach the program to your next post

The explorer mod is really nice, but at least for now you can't tap and hold to get to the alt menu... if that is fixed then I vote for adding it in permanently.

thanks for your note.

Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2007-11-03 10:10 PM
#
H/PC Oracle

Bensawsome - 2007-11-04 2:50 AM

And cmonex, I have noticed on mine with the v2 ROM that every once in a while it just freezes. Each time it froze I was doing something different. Should I email you a list of the apps I have installed on it? I never had to hard resest only soft.

yes i'd like the list, and also a list of running apps, thanks lots, stability is important.
in testing i've never had freezes but that means nothing for you of course.
also, how often does it freeze?
 Top of the page
« Prev ... 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 ... Next »
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.25 - Cached queries : 67 - Executed queries : 14