x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

custom roms for 900c!

« Prev ... 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 ... Next »
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2007-11-07 1:27 PM
#
H/PC Oracle

PLEASE read changelog (link is on the same page as the v2.0 rom download).
 Top of the page
Geared2003 Page Icon Posted 2007-11-07 1:47 PM
#
H/PC Elite

cmonex - 2007-11-06 7:25 AM

to Geared2003 again : i'm now not sure at all if it is coredll. i installed resco on a stock OS 2.02 (ok it had a xp gwes and commctrl), it ran fine, then i edited it to call the coredll i inserted in v2. and it still worked fine :confused: can you share your experiences in more detail please?

I tell you what I did:
- I tried Resco Viewer for HPC with your custom ROM: I immediately got this "black screen" and had to hard reset ( I tried twice with the same result). I had previously tried Resco Viewer with the standard NEC ROM and never had any trouble.
- Then I took a common Coredll.dll from PB 4.2 and renamed it Corefix.dll: I changed all occurences of Coredll.dll in ALL Resco Exes and Dlls to corefix.dll. The program ran normally in standard viewing mode BUT I still got the "black screen" when I tried to play a slideshow.
This is the Coredll I used:
http://rapidshare.com/files/68124729/corefix.rar.html
I also tried Resco Viewer for PPC ( 5.32 and the latest 6.33 version): they ran fine without any modifications with your custom ROM. BTW Resco Viewer for PPC uses GX.dll ( unlike the HPC version).

Edited by Geared2003 2007-11-07 1:52 PM
 Top of the page
frisser Page Icon Posted 2007-11-07 2:08 PM
#
Factorite (Elite)

cmonex - 2007-11-06 7:27 PM

PLEASE read changelog (link is on the same page as the v2.0 rom download).

Oops... feeling really stupid now
 Top of the page
michelbel Page Icon Posted 2007-11-07 2:27 PM
#
Subscribers
H/PC Philosopher

Huizen, Netherlands (~20 miles from Amsterdam)
My perfect Prism card ( does WPA/TKIP with PSK on my home lan)

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Drivers\PCMCIA\_-IEEE_802.11_Wireless_LAN/PC_Card-7EA7

This is a Z-COM XI-325 H/W rev 2.1A F/W rev 1.3.6

Top of the page
rbsfou Page Icon Posted 2007-11-08 8:16 PM
#
Factorite (Elite)

cmonex, that on device c# compiler someone else mentioned is here.

I haven't tried it myself yet, but someone else mentioned they got it working on your ROM, despite the fact it is WM5. I've been searching and searching for the post but i can't find it (it's in an unrelated thread IIRC, something about the 900c). If only the search was working

There's also this, but given the age and the version number i suspect it only targets .net cf 1.0 - might be good news for that new ce2.00 runtime though.
 Top of the page
rbsfou Page Icon Posted 2007-11-08 8:26 PM
#
Factorite (Elite)

Update, just tried the first one (c# IDE Mobile) and it runs ok, but it is a bit slow to start up. You just unzip it somewhere. Shame i don't know any c sharp, or figure out how to open several files (i'm guessing it's like java with one class per source file).

I've still not tried the other one though.
 Top of the page
mscdex Page Icon Posted 2007-11-08 11:42 PM
#
H/PC Sensei

rbsfou - 2007-11-08 8:26 PM

Update, just tried the first one (c# IDE Mobile) and it runs ok, but it is a bit slow to start up. You just unzip it somewhere. Shame i don't know any c sharp, or figure out how to open several files (i'm guessing it's like java with one class per source file).

I've still not tried the other one though.

You can have multiple classes in a single file in C# ( just like in C++ ) I'm 99% sure.

Edited by mscdex 2007-11-08 11:42 PM
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2007-11-09 9:59 PM
#
H/PC Oracle

Geared2003 - 2007-11-07 7:47 PM

cmonex - 2007-11-06 7:25 AM

to Geared2003 again : i'm now not sure at all if it is coredll. i installed resco on a stock OS 2.02 (ok it had a xp gwes and commctrl), it ran fine, then i edited it to call the coredll i inserted in v2. and it still worked fine :confused: can you share your experiences in more detail please?

I tell you what I did:
- I tried Resco Viewer for HPC with your custom ROM: I immediately got this "black screen" and had to hard reset ( I tried twice with the same result). I had previously tried Resco Viewer with the standard NEC ROM and never had any trouble.
- Then I took a common Coredll.dll from PB 4.2 and renamed it Corefix.dll: I changed all occurences of Coredll.dll in ALL Resco Exes and Dlls to corefix.dll. The program ran normally in standard viewing mode BUT I still got the "black screen" when I tried to play a slideshow.
This is the Coredll I used:
http://rapidshare.com/files/68124729/corefix.rar.html
I also tried Resco Viewer for PPC ( 5.32 and the latest 6.33 version): they ran fine without any modifications with your custom ROM. BTW Resco Viewer for PPC uses GX.dll ( unlike the HPC version).

thanks for the clarifications

yes i tried resco too so i saw what happened.

i unexpectedly got busy again this time the holiday is in the UK
so don't know when i'll have more time to continue looking into the problem but of course i definitely will fix this. i have access to my home PC over rdp, so no problems

funny that the ppc version works better

michelbel - 2007-11-07 8:27 PM

My perfect Prism card ( does WPA/TKIP with PSK on my home lan)

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Drivers\PCMCIA\_-IEEE_802.11_Wireless_LAN/PC_Card-7EA7

This is a Z-COM XI-325 H/W rev 2.1A F/W rev 1.3.6

thanks lots, the database is growing neatly! anyone else??

hmm, neat stuff, that c# thing. glad it runs out of the box, even though wm5 my efforts weren't for "nothing" then

Edited by cmonex 2007-11-09 10:01 PM
 Top of the page
andrius_MP9C
andrius_MP9C Page Icon Posted 2007-11-11 2:16 AM
#
Hi, cmonex,
just wanted to give you another word of praise about the v2 ROM. I waned to share some things that have learned from using it.
Skype woks almost out of te box (except for the sound ). i downloaded the newest version of skype (just had to select the device with the matching CPU), installed it, changed rewrote the lib to aygshelp and it worked like a charm. I wish there was some progress in the sound area.
Also Minimo (both HPC and PPC) albeit slow, but I like it a lot better than IE and just a little better than ftx.
Also some experience with NVD. If used - the mouse pointer is displayed in top left corner and does not move but the mouse works I never use NVD, but just installed to try it out and figured you might want to know.

Keep up the good work!

Andy
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2007-11-11 8:32 PM
#
H/PC Oracle

oh, you mean skype did not work with the default MS aygshell? what did it behave like? i'd like to know

nvd, is that nyditot virtual display, which version of it?
 Top of the page
andrius_MP9C
andrius_MP9C Page Icon Posted 2007-11-12 4:56 AM
#
Skype with the aygshell did not display chat window. The menu bar on the bottom of the screen was displayed, but above it the screen was displaying the remains of the previous tab that was being displayed. I'll get you a screenshot as soon as I can.
Yes, the NVD i mean Nyditot virtual display. I used the 4.23 version, because it is the one supposed to run on .net 4.2, isn't it? I haven't tried running the 5.xx, maybe it would work better, but as I said, I don't use it at all and was just testing it.

Andy
 Top of the page
rbsfou Page Icon Posted 2007-11-12 11:25 AM
#
Factorite (Elite)

I tried nyditot on 1.0 (but not 2.0 yet) and i had the same problem with the ever-present mouse cursor - i was using version 5, and i had the same problem, except there was an option for "use pointer" in the cpl that gave me a working cursor, so i had two! (the non-moving one being one of them).

I suspect if you've added the mui file for mouse support, used version 5.23, and turned this option on, you would probably see the same behaviour on 2.0 ...
 Top of the page
andrius_MP9C
andrius_MP9C Page Icon Posted 2007-11-12 2:30 PM
#
Cmonex,

Here are the screenshots I promised you. First three are of skype using the aygshell of your v2 rom and the other three are of skype using aygshelp of your v2 rom. Skype was version 2.2.0.36

Andy

Edited by andrius_MP9C 2007-11-12 2:34 PM

(skype_login.JPG)

(skype_chat_list.JPG)

(skype_chat_selected.JPG)

(normal_login.JPG)

(chat_list_normal.JPG)

(chat_normal.JPG)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments skype_login.JPG (23KB - 0 downloads)
Attachments skype_chat_list.JPG (22KB - 0 downloads)
Attachments skype_chat_selected.JPG (21KB - 0 downloads)
Attachments normal_login.JPG (21KB - 0 downloads)
Attachments chat_list_normal.JPG (19KB - 0 downloads)
Attachments chat_normal.JPG (23KB - 0 downloads)
 Top of the page
kitor Page Icon Posted 2007-11-12 3:51 PM
#
Factorite (Elite)

Is it possible to change platform identifier ("Jupiter" at h/pc) to the same as in WM? I have WM app which checks WM version no each run and it tells me something like:
This app is desingned for PocektPC operating system!
This OS is "Jupiter"
"Nec"
(translated from polish, because it's polish IM)
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2007-11-12 4:14 PM
#
H/PC Oracle

kitor, yes, easily possible... it is an ioctl. but if an HPC app also checks for it then we are in trouble

just patch the damn app which app is this?
 Top of the page
« Prev ... 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 ... Next »
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.332 - Cached queries : 65 - Executed queries : 14