x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

newest 900c OS :D (recreated)

cmonex Page Icon Posted 2007-03-05 12:24 AM
#
H/PC Oracle

i thought this was an important thread so let me copy here what i had saved (at least the part that contains useful stuff)...

initial post was mine on 5th february:

thanks to dr_ot....

this is the absolute latest OS version from NEC on a 900c i've just flashed with it...

note the build date in the photo! (was this after NEC eol'ed the whole line?)
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

(photo is attached at the end of this long post)

a later post with info about bugfixes:

users with 1.8.5 will gain a lot: some bugfixes (including ones related to backlight and power off settings for example or the browse thing ), better pdf viewer, pim settings etc, and general speed increase. that's the OS version (1.8.5) that most 900c's that are on ebay now have.

iirc you have 2.00 (correct me if i rememer wrong), i used 2.01a (the official upgrade version) a lot, and i've not seen any advantage over 2.01a yet - i'm using the 900c to write this post over wlan...i still have the wep setup bug in wzc. the type bug is still here as well.

if there are some fixes as compared to 2.01a (and possibly your 2.00), i don't know about them right now, i didn't have the chance to see much yet...
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

some more info on build dates from C:Amie:

The MobilePro retail deadline and the date that supplies to non-contracted corporations was killed off was on the 31st March 2005, so you are correct, this date. Corporations with a supply contract still received support and deliveries, so chances are this was one of those batches.

C:Amie, thanks for the confirmation.
morr6241 seemed to have the version equal to the official update, oct 2004, OS 2.01a, but i might've missed some post of his.. too bad then, but finally we have this rom anyway

i can send you the rom for hosting, thanks for the offer. there is just one complication:
if someone does not have the latest bootloader (4.10) installed, they will need to upgrade the bootloader. and that must not be done by using the older bootloader - at least not if the version is 4.5.1-6. that version is buggy like hell, is unable to flash an OS or bootloader properly (i don't know about the older versions, as i don't have a copy of them! but i would use 4.10 only). the official upgrade kit had an updater bootloader, and that can be used for this (to upgrade the bootloader to 4.10, and to flash this new OS version as well). i'm wondering if that could be hosted too...

once more, on its own flashing this rom image (or any other image) could be lethal to the 900c's with bootloader 4.5.1-6 due to a serious bug in the bootloader. (unless flashed using the updater bootloader)
so i would really like to have every bootloader on every 900c upgraded to 4.10

...as an example the 900c i took a photo of above, had this buggy bootloader originally

this is important because the lot of 900c's on ebay all have OS 1.8.5 with bootloader 4.5.1-6.

(BTW... i will answer the PM's soon and will sort this out with everyone separately so that everyone can replace the crappy 1.8.5.)

(BTW2: if anyone has a bootloader version older than 4.5.1 let me know please....)

....and here ends my saved version of the thread

now photo

(os202.jpg)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments os202.jpg (93KB - 14 downloads)
 Top of the page
airhook Page Icon Posted 2007-03-05 3:44 AM
#
Factorite (Elite)

Just got my MP900C, could you point me in the right direction to access the updates? Yes I've got the dreaded Bootloader Version 4.5.1-6.
 Top of the page
ryan3326 Page Icon Posted 2007-03-12 10:47 PM
#
H/PC Newbie

I am in the same boat. Would you direct me to the updates. Thanks.
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2007-03-13 12:42 AM
#
H/PC Oracle

send a PM
 Top of the page
Guest1k
Guest1k Page Icon Posted 2007-03-13 1:50 PM
#
What is PM?
 Top of the page
Dan Page Icon Posted 2007-03-13 1:58 PM
#
H/PC Elite

Guest1k - 2007-03-13 7:50 PM

What is PM?

It means you should send her a Personal Message

Edited by Dan 2007-03-13 2:01 PM
 Top of the page
Darkrift
Darkrift Page Icon Posted 2007-03-15 3:57 AM
#
I have tried both the hpc2000 (downgrade) and the newer rom and both run nicely. I left the hpc2000 rom on my mothers 900c and kept the newest ce.net on my 900c
 Top of the page
wyattcox Page Icon Posted 2007-03-15 7:33 PM
#
Factor Fanatic

Many many thanks to cmonex for their hard work on this project. It is greatly appreciated!
 Top of the page
Sysco Page Icon Posted 2007-03-19 3:10 PM
#
Factor Fanatic

I agree. Thank you ! All of you here at HPC Factor for your hard work ! Greatly appreciated
 Top of the page
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.316 - Cached queries : 60 - Executed queries : 17