x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

WI-FI on Skeye.Pad?

Cregg
Cregg Page Icon Posted 2007-03-07 10:10 PM
#
I have purchased a skeyepad sl and a lynksys MPC11 V3 for which I have the Windows CE Drivers.
However, if Device Manager exists on this puppy, I can't find it. Does anyone else have a missing device manager or know where to download a replacement?
 Top of the page
CAuser Page Icon Posted 2007-03-15 4:18 PM
#
H/PC Sensei

I have a DWL-650 card working on Skeye.pad. Are you sure you have the driver for CE .NET?
 Top of the page
Cregg
Cregg Page Icon Posted 2007-03-15 5:25 PM
#
I think I'm going to give up on the LinkSys. Dlink you say? Are you using the Compaq WL100 drivers recommended on http://www.pocketpcfaq.com/peripherals/pccardwirelesslan.htm?

This in on a Skeye.pad SL running Windows CE 4.1 right? Do you get usable throughput with that set up? Can you surf the web reasonably well?
 Top of the page
CAuser Page Icon Posted 2007-03-15 5:49 PM
#
H/PC Sensei

I personally tested Belkin F5D6020 v.1, D-Link DWL-650 (must be Rev.A-J per the HCL), and Netgear MA401 Rev.B on MP900C. They all work fine. I used the same reference driver PRISM400.2577.cab from this site on Skeye.pad SL with CE .NET 4.1 for DWL-650. I surfed the Web last night at home and today in my office. No problem.
 Top of the page
CAuser Page Icon Posted 2007-03-15 6:35 PM
#
H/PC Sensei

Cregg, I received your message alert, but no new message yet.

Edited by CAuser 2007-03-15 6:36 PM
 Top of the page
Cregg
Cregg Page Icon Posted 2007-03-15 6:45 PM
#
I could not find the correct revision of the belkin or Dlink, but I found a ver. 1 linksys, so hopefully that will work.
So you just copied the cab file to the Skeye.pad and ran it or did you have a separate installation program?

I downloaded one set of reference drivers that had a nice installer. I just had to connect the pad via IRDA and the installer ran and launched the LAN configuration on the skeye.pad. I ran the cab for the 400.3577 today and it seems to install but won't talk to this v3 linksys card. Hopefully it will work with the v1 when it arrvies, as it should have the same PrismII chipset as your Dlink.

Thanks.
 Top of the page
CAuser Page Icon Posted 2007-03-15 7:08 PM
#
H/PC Sensei

Yes. I just extracted the cab file on a PC and copy it to a CF card. Then, I install it from the CF card. According to a document, indeed Linksys WPC11 v.1 uses Prism II chipset. I hope the card will work for you.
 Top of the page
Cregg
Cregg Page Icon Posted 2007-03-20 8:47 AM
#
Thanks for your help. My Linksys MPC11 v1 arrived last night and I got it working with the PRISM-II driver. I had to turn off all my wireless security to get it to work. Before I did that, it could see my network but reported "No signal", which is clearly mis-leading since without any security, it had an "Excellent" signal. At any rate, I probably had a wrong setting and I will work through that tonight.

The good news is, it works GREAT! Even at 11mbps, I was able to surf with excellent response time. I was quite surprised in fact. I think the ARM processor and having a stripped down OS (WinCE 4.1) help.
 Top of the page
CE Geek Page Icon Posted 2007-03-20 4:28 PM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Oracle

Chalk up another Agere ORiNOCO Classic success. My Gold card works nicely on my skeye.pad.
 Top of the page
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.25 - Cached queries : 62 - Executed queries : 12