x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

igo on 900c - finally - sigh

cmonex Page Icon Posted 2007-03-09 10:54 PM
#
H/PC Oracle

first, the sigh is because i'd tried for so long to get igo running on a hpc.

i tried it first in 2005 when igo 2005 came out (this was the first version of igo and available only in a few countries such as mine as they are a hungarian company / developers anyway). no success, then tried in 2006 again and so on.
(i did get it running on the 900c right away but it had touch screen calibration problems. no luck on bsquare phh at all)

anyway, i helped someone flash the OS back to his PNA (mio 210) and as a thanks, he sent me many many packages / variations of igo (miomap, myguide etc..) that i could try out. he even created a custom 800x480 skin for miomap. that ran well on the sig3, when i hacked it, but when i tried to select a city to search for an address it would always reset the device. and so on, every version had that or similar problems (reset or crash!). the last one (some strange mixed up myguide/igo) works fine finally on my 900c!

this is currently running in qvga but should be possible to modify to full screen. doesn't work on smartbook, need to test out it on cenet 4.1 (does run there).

i wish this were the official igo for those who want to stay legal. i'd say you can stay legal enough if you buy it and then use the hacked version.

photo follows or photos

(image001.jpg)

(image002.jpg)

(image003.jpg)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments image001.jpg (55KB - 3 downloads)
Attachments image002.jpg (46KB - 1 downloads)
Attachments image003.jpg (54KB - 1 downloads)
 Top of the page
Geared2003 Page Icon Posted 2007-03-10 2:17 AM
#
H/PC Elite

Interesting experiment, but I'd say quite useless in my opinion: car navigation with a poor screen like the NEC 900c one won't bring much ( screen not readable outdoor)... You can get very cheap WinCE car navigation systems with a much better screen! I bought my brand new Mio268+ for 92 Euros on Amazon Marketplace... and I can tell you this is also fun for "WinCE shell hackers"

Edited by Geared2003 2007-03-10 2:19 AM
 Top of the page
AKG Page Icon Posted 2007-03-11 6:12 PM
#
Factorite (Senior)

Nice Trying! cmonex!!!
Although I don't use 900c for GPS as it lacks of Chinese input add-on
It's great to see the larger map than than my NOVOGO S300 (CE.net 4.2)
The only full screen map I've been used is Sharp HC7000 (intermec 6651)
Running Gismosoft's "Mobile maps plus" exclusively for HPC2000 (HP 720 & HC7000)
What a pity, the company had vanished!

Adjusting the viewing angle for HPC inside a car is easy
A glimpse is quite enough
I'd rather hearing than seeing when driving
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2007-03-11 6:18 PM
#
H/PC Oracle

Geared2003: i don't even have a gps and i'd not spend more on one than 15$, not worth more to me, so i'll never get one. but i do have map software to use instead of paper maps. so i'll be happy with igo as it has the most recent hungarian maps. better in this respect than destinator.

AKG: thanks btw, any more of those cheap brand new 900c's?
 Top of the page
CE Geek Page Icon Posted 2007-03-11 9:29 PM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Oracle

$15 for a GPS - lemme know when you find a deal like that. Don't think I've ever seen one that cheap, even on eBay. (I remember thinking I got a good deal on my Pharos GPS for $200 - plus $50 for a CF adapter.)
 Top of the page
greggh Page Icon Posted 2007-03-13 1:16 PM
#
H/PC Newbie

What countries does igo have maps for? where can you get more maps?

I am getting a 900c tomorrow (cant wait for it!) and I want a map system for it. I am in the USA. Any chance you could help me out here?
 Top of the page
RTFM Page Icon Posted 2007-03-13 3:36 PM
#
H/PC Elite

TomTom 6 runs flawlessly on the 900c and has USA maps and voice guidance. Works quite well with my Holux GR-271 CF gps card. You may want to look into that instead as igo doesnt seem to have much if any US maps. TomTom also runs full screen, like a native handheld pc application would.

Cheers.
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2007-03-13 7:14 PM
#
H/PC Oracle

igo can run full screen too - afaik, us maps are only available for the custom versions. they are definitely available but dont know if you can get them without buying the hardware (gps pda unit) too
 Top of the page
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.281 - Cached queries : 62 - Executed queries : 16