x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

new cool irc clients!

cmonex Page Icon Posted 2007-03-10 12:00 AM
#
H/PC Oracle

1. mircy runs out of the box on a 900c, has a very mirc like interface, supports colours, logging, and a lot more.

not free.

2. roxirc, this is wicked's great achievement. i'll leave it to him to tell more if he wants..

but in a nutshell it is a desktop like client, free.

i just want to post the screenshots

(mimage001.jpg)

(mimage002.jpg)

(mimage004.jpg)

(mimage005.jpg)

(image001.jpg)

(image002.jpg)

(image003.jpg)

(image004.jpg)

(image005.jpg)

(image006.jpg)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments mimage001.jpg (16KB - 0 downloads)
Attachments mimage002.jpg (16KB - 0 downloads)
Attachments mimage004.jpg (25KB - 0 downloads)
Attachments mimage005.jpg (18KB - 0 downloads)
Attachments image001.jpg (31KB - 0 downloads)
Attachments image002.jpg (50KB - 0 downloads)
Attachments image003.jpg (57KB - 0 downloads)
Attachments image004.jpg (48KB - 0 downloads)
Attachments image005.jpg (49KB - 0 downloads)
Attachments image006.jpg (51KB - 0 downloads)
 Top of the page
CE Geek Page Icon Posted 2007-03-10 2:52 AM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Oracle

Nice! Will they work below CE 4.2 .net? Links?
 Top of the page
RTFM Page Icon Posted 2007-03-10 2:54 PM
#
H/PC Elite

Roxirc works on ce 3 also, as tfgbd had it running on a jornada. It's not for the faint of heart.(you need to manually edit a few config files to adjust some settings, like nick, default server etc) It's a quick stab at modding a tcl/tk app to work on win ce. I know very little tcl/tk, but enough of it made sense for me to get it working. It's very full featured, with colors, logging, dcc and boatloads of standard ircII commands.

DCC transfers are now set to appear on the Desktop for easy finding.

If you want to try it out you will need eTcl installed. I choose full, yet it appears to run with the compact version as well. Choose the ppc2000/2002 version even if on a ce.net device. Download eTcl here. http://www.evolane.com/software/etcl/index.html

Now get my roxirc package here. http://geocities.com/read_the_fsckin_manual/900c/roxirc_ce.zip
Unzip the file to main memory to \ You should now have a .roxirc dir. Yes the . before roxirc is important.
Now look at the config files. Most notably 'config' to adjust nickname, window size, channels etc. Also see 'startup' for auto login etc.
The exectuable is in \.roxirc\bin and logs to \.roxirc\logs.

For ce.net devices just start eTcl console and choose 'associate' to have it be the default .tcl handler. You will never need to run eTcl again after this.
For ce3 devices the 'associate' cant be done, and you'll have to run eTcl, then run roxirc.tcl.

Known bugs. Sometimes the etcl menu pops up when you first start roxirc. Just minimize roxirc and restore it for that annoyance to go away. Also supports tabbed single window interface, but for whatever reason it seems be a hardcoded fixed 600x350 which is no good on a 640x240 device. But on devices with a larger screen you can try it by using this command. /set single 1 and restart roxirc. To go back to seperate window mode issue /set single 0 and restart roxirc.

Again for some people it may be too much, but i think its well worth it for a free full featured irc client.
It probably has some bugs, and maybe my code modding isnt done 'the right way'. Who knows.
The point is that it works.

Cheers.

Edited by RTFM 2007-03-10 3:17 PM
 Top of the page
RTFM Page Icon Posted 2007-03-11 1:48 AM
#
H/PC Elite

Ok, so for hpc2k eTcl has an issue with aygshell. No big deal. Just create a desktop shortcut with the following lines (assuming you installed eTcl to storage card.)
"\Storage Card\Program Files\eTcl\etcl-full.exe" "\.roxirc\bin\roxirc.tcl"

Tabbed windows also work with a little winwatching to resize the window. Here's a photo on my 728 with menubar turned off and winwatched to be nice and small.

Cheers.
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2007-03-11 7:09 PM
#
H/PC Oracle

nice screenshot

did you get the logging to work properly then ???

it should be mentioned that i could not get the tabbed mode to work on cenet 4.2 (smartbook, the same device i made the screenshots on). the tabs just never show up.

this could be a problem with the smartbook, but i usually cannot exit the application either, without using taskmanager. (yes i've tried all exit and quite commands and menus) it worked exactly once so far

apart from those problems it is a very very cool irc client!!!

CE Geek: mircy can be downloaded from pontisoftware, and it will work only on 4.2.
 Top of the page
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.25 - Cached queries : 62 - Executed queries : 13