x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

Laptopforless - MobilePro 900 battery and AC adaptor

1 2 3
Jornada Queen Page Icon Posted 2005-08-31 9:59 PM
#
Factorite (Junior)

bruisedquasar - 2005-08-31 8:15 PM

I can refer you to a regular eBay seller who specializes in Handheld components and is trusted by eBayers who buy from him.

He favors Jornadas but sells batteries and other components for other handhelds. He is knowledgeable. For instance, he knows what wifi cards and drivers work with each major handheld. He is quick to respond to posts. His eBay name is Pagiee and his eBay store is PAGIEE'S PDA'S . He sells handheld batteries at competitive prices and like usedhandhelds.com, you can ask questions and you will be answered. Unlike usedhandheld's, he does not claim to be the world's authority on handhelds or charge rediculous prices for used items gauranteed against DOA.

I am not associated with the seller. I just buy from him and know others who buy from him.

---Bruised

I can also vouch for Pagiee as I've purchased several things from him in the recent past.
 Top of the page
takwu Page Icon Posted 2005-09-01 5:13 AM
#
H/PC Elder

bruisedquasar - 2005-08-31 5:15 PM
Unlike usedhandheld's, he does not claim to be the world's authority on handhelds or charge rediculous prices for used items gauranteed against DOA.

That is an unneccesary attack on another store. You can like or dislike whoever and give your opinion on them, if somebody asks about it. But this is a thread on Laptopforless, not on Usedhandhelds. I can understand sometimes it is OK to recommend an alternative, especially when the original subject completely fails, but suggesting another way to fail is not very helpful. You are however encouraged to start your own thread to talk about another store if you want.

About Laptopforless, someone just reported a rather positive experience with them. It is utterly unfair to just write it off and pretend his experience didn't even matter one bit. Consider that there may be values in someone else's reports other than your own.

Now imagine you open up a store, make some mistakes, and your store will forever be doomed by early unsatisfied customers who never come back but keep telling everyone else to stay away, no matter how well you treat your new customers.

We all make mistakes, and the important thing is to learn from it. Mmm, what else, oh yeah, anger is a power of the dark side...
 Top of the page
Guyturf Page Icon Posted 2005-09-01 7:04 AM
#
Factorite (Elite)

Definitions...

Gossip - spreading malicious information without factual evidence presented

Irony - accusing someone of something as problematic while suggesting that another individual is great because of having the same traits...

Thanks Takwu, you said what I was thinking about the warnings in this thread.

I appreciate warnings and suggestions, but they are essentially useless to me without evidence to back them up.

I also would caution those who don't support (at least in spirit) outfits like used handhelds and laptops for less as we (IMHO) who use HPC's need all the support we can get.

Top of the page
Hurricane John Page Icon Posted 2005-09-01 9:15 AM
#
H/PC Sensei

bruisedquasar - 2005-08-31 8:15 PM

He sells handheld batteries at competitive prices and like usedhandhelds.com, you can ask questions and you will be answered. Unlike usedhandheld's, he does not claim to be the world's authority on handhelds or charge rediculous prices for used items gauranteed against DOA.

---Bruised

Bruised, just like you...... I worry about people who post half truths!

For the record:

1. Nowhere does usedhandhelds.com claim that they are the world's authority on handhelds - please point out where they make that claim on their website?

2. They have a 'money back, no questions asked' gaurantee on all items for 30 days after purchase. I'd say that's a bit different than - "gauranteed against being DOA".

I have no problem with you suggesting a better alternative (the Ebay seller), but I do have a problem with you dishing on two seemingly reputiable companies, when it appears from your postings, that you haven't personally done business with one or both of these companies.

NOTE: If you purchase a handheld pc accessory from a company that calls itself usedhandhelds.com, you should assume that everything they sell is - USED - unless otherwised posted as NEW. As far as I can see, there is no deciption going on their, as far as I can see.

Top of the page
bruisedquasar Page Icon Posted 2005-09-05 12:43 AM
#
H/PC Philosopher

Takwu,

Like it or not I will give my opinion here. You know I said I do not trust laptopsforless
I did not judge them and what is unfair about my saying I do not trust them? I very rarely read anything positive about them. Search some BE300 enthusiast sites and you will find plenty of complaints about the seller. I restrict myself to "caution" and "do not trust" because I avoid them, due to the many negative posts I have read about them over a two year period. You have a problem with that? You call such reserved cautionaries an "unfair attack" ? Try this link. I read complaints about laptopsforless like this all over the internet.

http://reviews.cnet.com/5208-7586-0.html?forumID=68&threadID=121644&messageID=1379685

You are the only person attacking anyone here. I provided the reasons for my unfavorable mention of usedhandhelds.com. I did not attack anyone and I resent your claim that I did. I compared usedhandhelds with my personal experience and many ebayers experience with PAGIEE's PDAs on eBay and someone IMMEDIATELY supported my positive OPINION about PAGIEEs PDAs.

Now since you personally attacked me I insist you present positive consumer feedback pertaining to usedhandhelds great prices on used handhelds and demonstrate I was wrong to have the audacity to opine that they represent themselves as THE authorities on all things handheld. That was not my point. My point was Pagiee PDAs does not have excessive prices for excellent condition used items and he is knowlegeable though he does not claim to be a world expert.

DO not attack people personally, especially when they are not attacking any person personally, and never unless you have strong evidence. Otherwise, it is not only NOT CIVIL but downright illogical as well. It is also anti-social as it wastes valuable site resources.

Now, are you prepared to argue that charging near new price for certain handhelds and providing bare , sometimes just a cable or two, accessories IS NOT something usedhandhelds does? If so, I advise readers of this post to visit usedhandhelds.com
and decide for themselves.

I always tell people whether or not I am affiliated with a seller I recommend or caution people about.

What is your connection with usedhandhelds or handheldsforless? Why get so personal and emotional with me? You show a marked propensity for getting personal with me, without any basis or cause from me. Especially since I repeatedly say:

...Of course, this is merely all my humble opinion...

Don't post to me. I will not read them as I do not wish to encourage you. This is the third time this summer you have without cause attacked me. I do not know how old you are but your posts to me are adolescent. I will not be spoken to in the tone you insist on using with me, especially since I strive always to be cautious and civil and never personal, except when someone like you seems to want to use me for a carpet.

By the way, just so you no longer wonder. I know I know a lot more than you do because I know that I do not KNOW anything. Absolutely, nothing. You see, the more I learn, the less I think I know. Feel better?

...Of course, this is all merely my humble opinion.

---Bruised
 Top of the page
bruisedquasar Page Icon Posted 2005-09-05 1:19 AM
#
H/PC Philosopher

Takwu,

Like it or not I will give my opinion here. You know I said I do not trust laptopsforless
I did not judge them and what is unfair about my saying I do not trust them? I think I have a right to my trust or distrust. Are you saying, you object to my expressing my trust and distrust feelings? I very rarely read anything positive about them. Search some BE300 enthusiast sites and you will find plenty of complaints about the seller. I restrict myself to "caution" and "do not trust" because I avoid them, due to the many negative posts I have read about them over a two year period. You have a problem with that? You call such reserved cautionaries an "unfair attack" ? Try this link. I read detailed complaints about laptopsforless like this all over the internet.

http://reviews.cnet.com/5208-7586-0.html?forumID=68&threadID=121644&messageID=1379685

You are the only person attacking anyone here. I provided the reasons for my unfavorable mention of usedhandhelds.com. I did not attack anyone and I resent your proclaiming that I did. I will not be pontificated to & I do not take kindly to horsewiping or playground flaming. I compared usedhandhelds with my personal experience and many ebayers posted experience with PAGIEE's PDAs on eBay and someone here IMMEDIATELY supported my positive OPINION about PAGIEEs PDAs.

Now since you personally attacked me I insist you present positive consumer feedback pertaining to usedhandhelds great prices on used handhelds and demonstrate I was wrong to have the audacity to opine in public that they represent themselves as THE authorities on all things handheld. That wasn't even my point. My point was Pagiee's PDAs does not have excessive prices for excellent condition used items and he is knowlegeable though he does not claim to be a world expert, which usedhandhelds certainly insinuates of themselves in their ads and testimonials.

DO not attack people personally, especially when they are not attacking any person personally, and never unless you have strong evidence. Otherwise, it is not only NOT CIVIL but downright illogical as well. It is also anti-social as it wastes valuable site resources & when vocal adds to air pollution.

I say illogical because in logic personal attacks are illogical, and they belong only in n propaganda campaigns, which are never honest or about truth. The logical thing to do with a statement you do not like is calmly & politely disprove it with fact and better logic. Einstein and Fulton were strange buckeroos and Einstein was a jew but those personal facts prove nothing about E=MC squared or Fulton's insistance he could build a steam powered ship.

Now, are you prepared to argue that charging near new price for certain handhelds and providing bare , sometimes just a cable or two, accessories IS NOT something usedhandhelds does? If so, I advise readers of this post to visit usedhandhelds.com
and decide for themselves. I know there is a Internet forum where it is very unwise to express any unfavorable opinion of usedhandhelds. This is not that forum. Perhaps, you forgot which forum in which you were reading my most offensive post?

I always tell people whether or not I am affiliated with a seller I recommend or caution people about. Again, I am not affiliated in any way with any of the aforesaid sellers, besides being a happy customer of some of them. I am affiliated with a national consumer rights group, an activity which leaves me more informed than most people about consumer complaints and ratings. I have also setup a few friends with successful eBay businesses, all in the domain of collectibles, a market where some consider me expert. I named my affiliations.

What is your connection with usedhandhelds or laptopsforless? Why get so personal and emotional with me? I notice you show a marked propensity for getting personal with me, without any basis or cause from me. Especially since I repeatedly say:

...Of course, this is merely all my humble opinion...

Don't post to me. I will not read them as I do not wish to encourage you. This is the third time this summer you have without cause attacked me. Two I ignored. Three times is a pattern moving to a habit.

I do not know how old you are but your posts to me are adolescent. I will not be spoken to in the tone you insist on using with me, especially since I strive always to be cautious and civil and never personal, except when someone like you seems to want to use me for a carpet. I do not do that carpet-without-my-permission act. An entire city (Fairborn, Ohio) tried to carpet me when I first came to USA. I did not take to the role then, especially since I did not attack Pearl Harbor, Attack South Korea or work for the communists in Vietnam. I did fight them though. I also (I look very Cherokee to many), did not attack Colonel Custer or ever strike at a wagon train, nor kidnap any white women.

By the way, just so you no longer wonder. I know I know a lot more than you do because I know that I do not KNOW anything. Absolutely, nothing. You see, the more I learn, the less I think I know. Feel better?

...Of course, this is all merely my humble opinion.

---Bruised
 Top of the page
bruisedquasar Page Icon Posted 2005-09-05 1:45 AM
#
H/PC Philosopher

Hurricane,

I did not criticise usedhandhelds. I said unlike them. I said nothing negative about their items. In fact, I implied their products are good. I did express an opinion about their high prices. Are you saying I must prove my opinion that there prices are high?

What the three of you have done is get emotional and personal with me and tell me I am not allowed to express an opinion you do not like about a seller. Why not. What good is an opinion, if only the most popular opinion is permitted.

I think it was obvious that I had tongue in cheek when I just figurative language refering to usedhandhelds repeated claim to be experts in calling them world experts.
The average person who reads the magazine these people publish and reads the ads are certainly intended to assume they are dealing with experts when they deal with usedhandhelds. People who read literature would be aware that I was exagerating. I did not know that the format here is scientific paper. Had I know that I would supply statistics and research for any personal opinion I have.

I must insist on your evidence that laptopsforless is a reputeable seller. I have read detailed negative complaints about them for some time, about two years. I left a link on my response to Takwu for the most recent detailed complaint I read about laptopsforless. What is unfair about a "caution" That is heing careful and reserved and I did not caution anyone away from usedhandhelds. In fact, I have never advised anyone not to buy from usedhanhelds. I only point out that the same used items can be purchased for much less elsewhere and that they can get the advice average users seek from cheaper sources.

My topic was Pagiee's PDAs on eBay. His products are like new, he often adds much too them and charges much less than usedhandhelds. I need to prove that? Look at usedhandhelds and look at Pagiee's PDAs. the proof he is an excellent seller is in his stack of positive buyer feedback (where is usedhandhelds third party feedback?), my own two years of experience buying from him supports the strong positive feedback
Where is the evidence I was wrong. I did and I always do provide support for what I say.

I don't think anyone needs proof usedhandhelds charges high prices for their bare bones used handhelds and I do not think I need to prove Pagiee provides similar service for considerably less. Are you trying to tell me usedhandhelds does not justify their high prices with their expertness? I have received posts from the sales manager where he did as much. My point was clearly that you can get accurate, friendly help and quality used items from Pagiee for much less money. My statement was in the vein of 'he does not claim to be a world class expert like usedhandhelds but he is knowledgeable' What is wrong with that?

THIS is rediculous. Why the strong emotional attachment to a seller? If someone tells me Pagiee is garbage, I am going to disagree but I am not emotionally attached to him and I will attack no one over it. Man, I do not get this. I think it is something else you object to. I wonder how much sooner I could have retired if I used modern marketing and got people emotionally attached to my businesses!

Let me repeat what I say over and over so maybe we can get unemotional

...As always, this is all just my humble opinion

I will present my opinion like everyone else, like it or not. Except I will not be personal, emotional, or intolerant about opinions I merely do not like.

I will respond when anyone tries to get personal with me and I start being cast for some sort of role as floor carpet. I dont do that role.
 Top of the page
bruisedquasar Page Icon Posted 2005-09-05 2:15 AM
#
H/PC Philosopher

Hurricane,

The more I learn, the less I think I know.

I apologize. I take back every opinion I expressed.

Everyone ignore totally my opinion.

Please buy all of your handhelds at low priced usedhandhelds and exercise no caution with laptopsforless. I mean it. three people emotionally attacked me here. Listen to them.

Buy all your PDA batteries ONLY from laptopsforless, most reputable company like my attackers say. They have pontificated my thoughts for me. I will obey. Any problems with your battery like swelling and destroying your PDA take that up with my three attackers because laptopsforless will only replace the battery. I AM NOT SAYING IT WILL RUIN your PDA or FAIL. Only if that happens, complain to the three who attacked me here for daring to caution people.

If you feel highly over charged for you handheld from usedhandhelds or wronged by laptopsforless. If you dare to have and express that view, take it up with these three PR men for those highly reputable and supportive sellers.

From now on, I will only read posts and ask questions. I do not yell into bear caves or hit bee hives with sticks. Life is too short. I have too much to learn and do.

As always, I go humbly with my head bowed.

---Bruised

Top of the page
Rich Hawley Page Icon Posted 2005-09-05 8:21 AM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Guru

Caveat Emptor always applies, but more important to me is the fact that $29 seems an awfully good price on one of these batteries. I'm going to order one and see how it stacks up to my other battery.

Rich

Edited by Rich Hawley 2005-09-05 8:39 AM
 Top of the page
Guyturf Page Icon Posted 2005-09-05 8:30 AM
#
Factorite (Elite)

Let the flame wars end! Please!

Bruised... you are certainly entitled to your opinion, but I would encourage you to note that NO-ONE has engaged in an 'emotional' attack on you personally.

That being said, my suggestion is that you note three things...

One:
Takwu has close to 3 times your posts in this forum, and it's possible he has a better understanding of the issues than you give him credit for.

Two:
Hurricane John is also an acknowledged expert in the area of HPC's.

Your quadruple post is nothing more than flaming at this point in my humble opinion.

Takwu merely pointed out that this was a thread about laptopsforless and you attacked him when he tried to keep it on topic.

As for my comments, I was simply noting that you gave an opinion about laptopsforless and used handhelds without giving me any of those links which might have been helpful regarding evidence for your opinion.

I don't know you, why should I trust you alone. NO OFFENCE!

I just noted that I was trying to make a decision, and it was not until your reply to Takwu that you offered that evidence.

Anyways... as I said. Let the flame wars end. Please.

Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2005-09-05 10:07 AM
#
H/PC Oracle

hm, i bought a jornada 720 battery (1500 mAh) from usedhandhelds.com last year. since then two of my friends ordered three additional jornada batteries. no one had any complaints and the price was indeed very fair, 34$. shipping wasn't too much (18$) either, considering we all live in hungary. i actually thought it was going to be more than that.. i only had a little problem when they couldn't get the money from the given credit card for the first time, but they made up for that by distracting a little from the battery's price and sending a gift also (a new backup battery). also i didn't like the fact that all batteries arrived almost fully depleted, at 0% (they were still able to power the jornadas but hardly..) despite that, they all were in good condition. (mine was sacrificed since then to become a 2400 mAh superbattery! )
true, the HP 200LX's and J720's are very expensive there and i never understood why. 200LX is expensive everywhere in any case (except hungary)..

pagiee: i never had any experience with him except that he never replied to my email inquiring about the browser update he's selling with the jornada 720's.... at least i have never received any answer. even if he had replied he would not have been sincere as he doesn't tell anyone what this update is exactly. i don't like that. it's not an honest thing to do.
i don't like his prices for the jornada 720's either. 359$ just because he made some nice screenshots about applications running on the 720...

that's all i can say about these matters hope it wasn't too personal or whatever. note: i don't want any flamewar either.
 Top of the page
1 2 3
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.281 - Cached queries : 66 - Executed queries : 11