x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

Noob with an iCN 530

hazara Page Icon Posted 2007-03-12 9:35 PM
#
H/PC Newbie

Hello anyone who reads this....

Firstly - I will say I haven't had much of a chance to read this forum yet, so if I ask stoopid Qs, please forgive or at least flame well.

I was given an Navman iCN 530, and have had fun with it as it was intended, however on looking onthe back of it a little closer I saw
Win CE .NET 4.2 Core

And realised this is most probably a fully fledged PPC or at least similar.

Now the reason I've joined here is I'm wondering how to make more use out of this device. I dont want to kill its GPS ability, but being able to read PDF's on it and play mp3 music would be Excellllllent.

If any kind individuals could please point me in the right way to get some more out of this device I would be VERY thankful.
 Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2007-03-13 7:49 AM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

Moved to CE .net Support
 Top of the page
ZSX Page Icon Posted 2007-03-13 12:15 PM
#
H/PC Elite

Most of the info on hacking WinCE GPS devices to the windows desktop can be found in the GPS Passion Forums (they are not very well organized).

Here is a thread on personalizing the 530, but it is in French! Hope that is what you are looking for.

http://www.gpspassion.com/forumsen/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=58463&whichpage=1

Edited by ZSX 2007-03-13 12:24 PM
 Top of the page
hazara Page Icon Posted 2007-03-15 8:36 PM
#
H/PC Newbie

That looks like it! many thanks - time to fire up babelfish & pull my hair out.

Thanks again.
 Top of the page
MamaKin
MamaKin Page Icon Posted 2007-03-17 3:11 PM
#
I think this is the site you want (it's in english). It covers the whole range of Navman PNAs.

http://navmanunlocked.forumwise.com/

There are several demo videos showing what can be done once a Navman is unlocked on YouTube at: http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=navmanunlocked
 Top of the page
hazara Page Icon Posted 2007-04-04 4:34 AM
#
H/PC Newbie

Now thats the stuff, thankyou so much. For the life of me searching on the net I never saw that site. Thankyou again.
 Top of the page
hazara Page Icon Posted 2007-04-05 5:05 AM
#
H/PC Newbie

Not the easiest to setup as I've never played with these devices before... but it is running!

Only major problem so far is you have to be pressing the touch screen to use the built in buttons whilst using it as the original GPS... dunno why yet, but now it is 10x more useful than it was!

Next purchase is a 2gb card and I'll be happy! It plays mp3's okay, can read simple html and pdf's... sweeet.

Sorry about the blurry photo, I was in a hurry.

Top of the page
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.222 - Cached queries : 63 - Executed queries : 12