x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

Mobilepro 900C Active-sync Problems

KipWilliams Page Icon Posted 2007-03-12 11:33 PM
#
H/PC Newbie

I am using a Linksys WPC11 v3 card in the 900c. I've sellected the PRISMNDS.dll as the driver and am able to connect with my desktop network and with a linksys router to browse the internet. The only problem is I'm not able to connect and preform Active-Sync via wireless. When I open the PC Connection Properties ( START>SETTINGS>CONTROL PANEL) there is no LAN option in the connection drop-downs.

I've tried loading the Linksys drivers from the Linksys web site but then I'm not able to connect with the Linksys router or the desktop network. Nothing worked until I removed the Linksys installation and rolled back to the PRISMNDS.dll.

Any ideas? Thanks for your input.

Kip
 Top of the page
Ceya Page Icon Posted 2007-03-13 1:12 AM
#
H/PC Elite

go through your desktop. click active sync, go to file connection settings .

you get serial and infrared, usb or network connection with ethernet and remote connection.

S/F,
CEYA!
 Top of the page
KipWilliams Page Icon Posted 2007-03-13 7:52 AM
#
H/PC Newbie

Thanks for the suggestion but that's not it.

I'm set up for LAN on the desktop installation of Active Sync. I use the same set-up to sync my MP790, with no problems. I never see LAN as an option on the 900c installation of ActiveSync. I've tried with the wi-fi card in, connected and unconnecte with the network. Doesn't make a difference. The dropdown only offers Infrared , Serial or USB.
 Top of the page
Ceya Page Icon Posted 2007-03-13 10:10 AM
#
H/PC Elite

Go to control panel and click network dial up, with your card in you will see your wifi card.

S/F,
CEYA!
 Top of the page
Ceya Page Icon Posted 2007-03-13 10:24 AM
#
H/PC Elite

I see what you are now talking about.

look at "make new connection" in the network/dial up panel.

S/F,
CEYA!

Edited by Ceya 2007-03-13 10:26 AM
 Top of the page
gchild002 Page Icon Posted 2007-03-24 11:35 AM
#
H/PC Newbie

Alas, I, too, am leaving behind the slow, heavy j720 for the bulkier but refreshingly faster mobilepro900c. I have the same problem as Ceya, but I don't get the option, in 'make new connection', to set up sync parameters with ActiveSync. I still like both machines, and I now find myself hacking and "porting" some indispensible apps from my j720 to my mp900c. So far, I've succeeded in implementing:
dockware pro (with security!
starlight's notepad (have a minor problem, though...)
appstudio's passkey (one of most important tools!)
The mobilepro is kinda a cross between the j720 and the sigmarion.
Some pocketpc apps want to run with the vertical format, but compromisationally fill the screen the full-width.
The PPC version of passkey is the one that's running correctly on my mp900, not the handheld pc version. i've copied over mfcce211.dll and olece211.dll to make starlight's notepad work.
Would you like to know more???
 Top of the page
gchild002 Page Icon Posted 2007-03-24 11:39 AM
#
H/PC Newbie

Oh, and PocketStreets is FABULOUS on the mp900c!
-gc
 Top of the page
KipWilliams Page Icon Posted 2007-03-25 1:26 PM
#
H/PC Newbie

Sorry it's taken me so long to get back. Still unable to ActiveSync via wireless NIC. When I go to START>SETTINGS>NETWORK AND DIAL-UP CONNECTIONS>MAKE NEW CONNECTION the only connection types I'm presented with are:

Dial-Up Connection
Direct Connection
Virtual Private Network (PPTP)
Virtual Private Network (L2TP)
PPP over Ethernet (PPPoE)

I was expecting to see Ethernet as an option here. No matter which of these I choose and configure for a new connection, I never see it as available when I try to configure via START>SETTINGS>CONTROL PANEL>PC CONNECTIONS.

I currently have a connection ISLP21 - which is identified as Intersil 802.11 Wireless LAN PC CARD Settings. This is sufficient to connect with my wireless router, connect with the internet or browse my desktop PC. It never appears as an option for the PC CONNECTIONS. A wrong setting or something?

Perhaps I'm missing a step here? Thanks again for your help.

Kip
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2007-03-25 8:04 PM
#
H/PC Oracle

it doesnt have the wlan activesync by default. but it is easy to hack it..

it is just a file and a couple of registry settings. here you are (attached zip)

i also included a lnk file in the zip. click on that after placing the other file into windows and importing the registry entries, and it will offer you the network connection as an option for activesync.

Edited by cmonex 2007-03-25 8:05 PM

Attachments
----------------
Attachments AS.ZIP (1KB - 16 downloads)
 Top of the page
duncblair
duncblair Page Icon Posted 2008-09-23 5:57 AM
#
PMFJI (so late) . . .

I am having the same problem on a J728. Do you know if your fix will work on that unit as well?

TIA

Duncan
 Top of the page
duncblair
duncblair Page Icon Posted 2008-09-23 9:42 AM
#
Problem solved with Pocket Hosts; will provide further info if anyone requests it.
 Top of the page
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.171 - Cached queries : 65 - Executed queries : 14