x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

screen protector for 900c?

theoak Page Icon Posted 2007-03-13 7:44 AM
#
H/PC Philosopher

I have my new (used actually) 900c that I got from ebay, and although the outside has scuffs, the screen looks like it has never been touched. Absolutely beautiful!! I would like to keep it that way. I had a Nushield screen protector for my laptop that I wasn't using. I cut it up into 900c sized screen protectors, but after installing it, the screen acted like it was made of steel. I could not use the touch screen at all until I removed that film.

What do you 900c owners use?
 Top of the page
Rich Hawley Page Icon Posted 2007-03-13 9:03 AM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Guru

I bought some clear plastic document folders at Staples. They are just simple thin clear plastic, a little on the soft side. Staples brand. I think a 6 pack was only a couple of bucks. Anyway I did just what you did, used a paper trimmer and cut them into rectangles just a little larger than the screen vertically and about the same width horizontally. Then they just kind of bend and slip under the edges of the screen. They seem to work well and don't change the pressure I have to use to activate the stylus much at all. Anyway the upc code for mine was 7-1810301195-2 but I think only the center 10 numbers count.

rich
 Top of the page
Anubis
Anubis Page Icon Posted 2007-03-13 8:55 PM
#
theoak - 2007-03-13 7:44 AM

I have my new (used actually) 900c that I got from ebay, and although the outside has scuffs, the screen looks like it has never been touched. Absolutely beautiful!! I would like to keep it that way. I had a Nushield screen protector for my laptop that I wasn't using. I cut it up into 900c sized screen protectors, but after installing it, the screen acted like it was made of steel. I could not use the touch screen at all until I removed that film.

What do you 900c owners use?

I use NuShield, made for NEC 900 (no cutting), work great! I got it on ebay $13.95 plus S&H for 3 plus a polishing cloth.
 Top of the page
theoak Page Icon Posted 2007-03-14 3:02 PM
#
H/PC Philosopher

I cut my Nushields a bit smaller and they work. I guess the first one was just too tight.
 Top of the page
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.218 - Cached queries : 61 - Executed queries : 11