x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

necguy
necguy Page Icon Posted 2007-03-19 5:27 PM
#
Rich,

What card and driver do you use? Did you have to install the PCMCIA update and/or any other driver updates before it would work? Thanks. Email me at rumpster1111111@yahoo.com.
 Top of the page
necguy
necguy Page Icon Posted 2007-03-19 5:55 PM
#
cmonex - 2007-03-19 8:42 AM

iirc you need to install the pcmcia update for the 770. i dont remember if i had to do that on the 770 (i can check later), but i certainly had to on my nec 800. and that's essentially the same thing, just with a larger screen..

also, it matters a lot which prism driver you use on the mips machines. i'll check which worked for me and get back to you (if the pcmcia update doesn't help).

this latter advice applies to that pencentra as well..in the case of the linksys card.

Thanks cmonex,
I installed the pcmcia update, but it makes no difference for my wireless card. Maybe the problem is the wireless driver (mips compatible?), as you suggested. I've tried several different drivers already, but if you know of a of a better driver than the WL-100 to use with a 770, let me know. Thanks!
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2007-03-19 6:22 PM
#
H/PC Oracle

necguy: try this: http://csakugy2.atw.hu/MIPSprisms.ZIP i forget which one worked out of the two cabs, it is probably PRISM.HPC211MIPS.CAB.

driver name is prismnds for both, if you dont get asked the driver name, the previous uninstall wasnt complete and it will not work without deleting it fully in the registry (let me know if you need this)
 Top of the page
quiche Page Icon Posted 2007-03-19 8:56 PM
#
H/PC Sensei

cmonex, will this driver help with WPA2 access?
 Top of the page
Rich Hawley Page Icon Posted 2007-03-20 5:54 AM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Guru

For the record: I have a Compaq WL 100 and a 3COM 3CRWE73796B that both work fine with my 770. Yes I did the pcmcia upgrade patch, but it worked fine before doing that as well. Nothing is going to help WPA access with a 770, it just wasn't supported back then by the operating system.

I also used to own an Orinoco Silver card that worked great with the 770 as well.

Rich
 Top of the page
necguy
necguy Page Icon Posted 2007-03-20 7:05 PM
#
thanks to cmonex and rich for all your help. one last question: i did a hard reset of the 770 to try to get rid of all old wireless drivers, but i think their remnants are still in the registry. they show up in network config control panel. how do i fully remove them? thanks again!
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2007-03-20 8:28 PM
#
H/PC Oracle

i think the ones you refer to arent wlan drivers. they are ethernet etc drivers, built in the rom, they shouldn't interfere with your wifi driver.
 Top of the page
1 2
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.171 - Cached queries : 62 - Executed queries : 8