x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

Problems with the printer's diver

-=Quake Raven=-
-=Quake Raven=- Page Icon Posted 2007-03-16 5:11 AM
#
Hi to everybody,
I have found a bug in the printer's driver, and I wanted to ask if someone of you had the same problem.
After having installed the driver for the printers and effected a soft reset, I have been without usb, in practice it is not more possible to use the usb that besides they don't come really more sights from the system, in fact checking the available connections, that irda and that seriale are found on only com1. the situation returns to the normalcy if uninstall the printer's drivers.
Someone have found the same problem, and has succeeded in resolving it?

Hi
maurizio
 Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2007-03-16 12:49 PM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

What constitutes "the printer's driver"?
 Top of the page
CE Geek Page Icon Posted 2007-03-16 3:33 PM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Oracle

Or, to put it another way: What printer is the driver for?
 Top of the page
-=Quake Raven=-
-=Quake Raven=- Page Icon Posted 2007-03-16 3:49 PM
#
Ehm, sorry for my poor english, i have installed the jetcet-printers.pro.301, and after a soft reset there aren't usb port.
 Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2007-03-17 5:50 AM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

Quoting something Rich 'Mr. NEC' Hawley said to me here: "[the MobilePro] 900 jetcet drivers contain the PCL inkjet drivers while the 900C version does not". Are you installing a version that was shipped with a CE 4 device?
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2007-03-17 11:12 PM
#
H/PC Oracle

he is right, the jetcet drivers (yes cenet version) does break activesync at least the usb connectivity. dont know why. i tested this just now. ensured AS was working (on freshly hardreset machine) then installed the drivers, still working, i soft reset, AS stopped working, the 900c wouldn't even try to connect. i uninstalled the jetcet cabs one by one, resets, nothing helped, then after i uninstalled the last component (the one called required) the 900c started trying to find activesync. well, it doesn't connect, but at least tries. i guess a little more fiddling would get it connected again.
what is certain is that the jetcet thing has a bug.

-=Quake Raven=- can you try using the hpc2000 version of jetcet, maybe it would work.. just a wild guess.

anyway, i will test on hpc2000 with the hpc2000 jetcet drivers.

edit: update: hpc2k version of the printer drivers (installed on 900c) doesnt break it.. but i have no idea how well this works with the actual printers.

Edited by cmonex 2007-03-17 11:22 PM
 Top of the page
wyattcox Page Icon Posted 2007-03-18 12:54 AM
#
Factor Fanatic

Interesting. I've whacked the Jetcet drivers off the 900C and will see if I can sync when I get home.
 Top of the page
Rich Hawley Page Icon Posted 2007-03-18 9:34 AM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Guru

Weird glitch to be sure. Only happens if you soft-reset your 900C...very weird. I too gave it a try, never realized it existed. Got the same results as Cmonex.

I uninstalled the driver files one by one also, and after uninstalling the "required" file, I soft-reset and the device synced again just fine.

I tried the 900 Jetcet drivers and they all seem to work as well as the 900C, so I'm not sure why there was a change to begin with.

I also went to Westtek and downloaded the 4.1 pocketpc drivers and installed them. They seem to work fine too, except that my print output was black and white rather than color, and I'm not sure the program is really compatible 100% with the 900C...

Rich
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2007-03-18 10:49 AM
#
H/PC Oracle

great so at least the hpc2000 drivers work? did you test them with actual printers?
edit: ok i see you did (according to the test with the ppc driver ) cool!

Edited by cmonex 2007-03-18 10:50 AM
 Top of the page
Rich Hawley Page Icon Posted 2007-03-18 10:57 AM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Guru

I only have one printer to test it with, but it worked fine with my HP. Anyway, I also sent an inquiry off to Westtek and NEC, so we'll see if anyone bothers to respond....

Rich
 Top of the page
Rich Hawley Page Icon Posted 2007-03-21 1:48 PM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Guru

Well, I sent an inquiry off to Westtek asking them about HPC printer drivers and problems with the 900C. I also asked them about updating the old drivers with any new ones, and HPC drivers in general. I asked them if I qualified for any new drivers since they seem to work fine and I am an original owner of the device with the full version of the old driver, about if there were some way I could enter the registration number using my old drivers or if I would even qualify. Here is the answer I received:

=========================
Hi Richard,

We appreciate you using JETCET PRINT, but unfortunately have disappointing news in response to your questions.

Using your v3.1 serial number will not unlock the latest version of JETCET PRINT. JETCET PRINT v4.1 is only available for Windows Mobile Pocket PCs and uses a different serial number configuration than v3.1. For these reasons, the latest software will not work properly on your device. We stopped supporting JETCET PRINT v3.1 for PPC in February 2006 and discontinued the retail sale of JETCET PRINT for HPC devices back in January 2005.

Please let me know if I can be of additional assistance.

Sincerely,

Maria Zambrano
Westtek, LLC
mzambrano@westtek.com
=================

This is kind of what I expected, so no real shock to me...still I held out a small glimmer of hope....

Rich
 Top of the page
CE Geek Page Icon Posted 2007-03-21 4:31 PM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Oracle

We stopped supporting JETCET PRINT v3.1 for PPC in February 2006 and discontinued the retail sale of JETCET PRINT for HPC devices back in January 2005.

Please let me know if I can be of additional assistance.

Sincerely,

Maria Zambrano
Westtek, LLC
mzambrano@westtek.com

Sure, Maria - just start selling the H/PC driver again.
 Top of the page
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.218 - Cached queries : 68 - Executed queries : 11