x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

Mobilepro 900c and linux is possible?

« Prev ... 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 Next »
JAH
JAH Page Icon Posted 2007-10-25 8:22 AM
#
Hi, I had gotten the same error; however I was using my CF card with the PCMCIA adaptor and had it in the PC Card slot of the Mobile Pro. When I put the card in the front CF card slot, it seemed to work fine.
 Top of the page
kitor Page Icon Posted 2007-10-25 8:58 AM
#
Factorite (Elite)

I'm running from CF slot

Maybe PCMCIA is seen not as /dev/hda but as /dev/hdb?
 Top of the page
nickel3 Page Icon Posted 2007-10-25 11:58 AM
#
Factorite (Junior)

Hi altogether,

if you would like to run Linux (which is somewhat experimental up to now) from a CF card with a MP 900C you must use a fresh formatted CF card to prepare and format the CF card and transfer the root file system files (ext2) and the boot and kernelfiles (fat, I'm not quite sure if fat32 does it also). If you do not use a fresh formatted CF card, you got problems in booting. It is due to some specifics of the MP 900c bootloader, who is able to read and try loading "deleted" files or residues.

Regards to MP900c Linux users

nickel3
 Top of the page
kitor Page Icon Posted 2007-10-25 1:42 PM
#
Factorite (Elite)

Everyitime I tried to inslatt linux, i deleted all partitions, make new and format it. I made 16mb Fat 16 < 32mb (AFAIR 04 in cfdisk) and ext2 on the rest of card

Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2007-10-25 5:55 PM
#
H/PC Oracle

nickel3 - 2007-10-25 5:58 PM

Hi altogether,

if you would like to run Linux (which is somewhat experimental up to now) from a CF card with a MP 900C you must use a fresh formatted CF card to prepare and format the CF card and transfer the root file system files (ext2) and the boot and kernelfiles (fat, I'm not quite sure if fat32 does it also). If you do not use a fresh formatted CF card, you got problems in booting. It is due to some specifics of the MP 900c bootloader, who is able to read and try loading "deleted" files or residues.

Regards to MP900c Linux users

nickel3

haret has nothing to do with the 900c bootloader

Edited by cmonex 2007-10-25 5:55 PM
 Top of the page
900cuser
900cuser Page Icon Posted 2007-10-31 7:07 PM
#
Hi,

I'm a rank amateur, but have Jlime Mongo working on my 900c, with the 2.6.17.11-mp9xx kernel, booting from a 512mb CF card, using Haret, and it seems to be running well.
USB is not working except for lighting up the led's on my bluetooth adapter. Working on that now. It seems that power is available to the adapter, but it is not recognized as a bluetooth device. Currently in the process of compiling the usb driver as a module rather than built in, to see if it makes a difference.

Still looking for a wireless card, although I notice that the JLime git kernel now has support for Prism54 and Marvell chipsets, so many more cards are becoming useable.
Not much success compiling and booting the latest kernels. Can anyone suggest a better cross compiler than Crosstool, or a better combination of gcc-glibc etc, other than the defaults provided in the the crosstool package.

I've had a look at irda. Can anyone tell me if it's connected to a serial port, in which case setserial is needed to disable it to run as FIR. I had the same issue with my Toshiba laptop. Setserial is not recognised as a command, which I think is a busybox limitation.
 Top of the page
Guyturf Page Icon Posted 2007-11-05 8:30 PM
#
Factorite (Elite)

I've scanned through this list and have a question..

If I try this, does it wipe clean the mobilepro ram from what I have installed, or is it just running from cf and a reboot will restore it easy?

Thanks
 Top of the page
RTFM Page Icon Posted 2007-11-05 9:18 PM
#
H/PC Elite

Yes. Backup your wince stuff first. Booting into linux basically hard resets your 900c. Restoring is quite easy if you backup to a cf card or internal flash drive.

Cheers.
 Top of the page
michelbel Page Icon Posted 2007-11-06 8:58 AM
#
Subscribers
H/PC Philosopher

Huizen, Netherlands (~20 miles from Amsterdam)
Just a note that I just updated the installation manual on

http://www.belxs.com/michel/mp900/LinuxonMobilepro900.htm

with pointers to the latest stuff on jlime.

Plus a few typo corrections.

use the info as you like, steal and improve on it.

( And if someone wants to migrate it to jlime, please do. I will keep a copy reasonably updated at the above link.)
 Top of the page
kitor Page Icon Posted 2007-11-06 9:05 AM
#
Factorite (Elite)

Is USB host suported under linux? I want to use mouse and mass storage devices
 Top of the page
michelbel Page Icon Posted 2007-11-08 4:28 AM
#
Subscribers
H/PC Philosopher

RTFM - 2007-11-05 3:18 AM

Yes. Backup your wince stuff first. Booting into linux basically hard resets your 900c. Restoring is quite easy if you backup to a cf card or internal flash drive.

Cheers.

that's why you need (at least) two 900C's if you want to switch - one for linux and one for WinCE.

Oh, yes, I noticed that with the cmonex V2.0 rom the persisten mouse cursor problem is gone in linux.
Great
 Top of the page
toasterfires Page Icon Posted 2007-11-09 2:54 PM
#
H/PC Newbie

Alright so i got my 900c to boot linux (IceWM) but I cannot get the touch screen to work. I tried calibrating the screen but it wont respond to taps at all.

Also tried cat'ing /dev/input/touchscreen0 and also /dev/input/event1 and i get no output when i press on the screen... any ideas?

EDIT: Found the problem -- I stupidly had the HPC overclocked when i launched haret ... apparently that carries over into linux

Edited by toasterfires 2007-11-09 2:58 PM
 Top of the page
michelbel Page Icon Posted 2007-11-12 5:34 AM
#
Subscribers
H/PC Philosopher

toasterfires - 2007-11-08 8:54 PM

Alright so i got my 900c to boot linux (IceWM) but I cannot get the touch screen to work. I tried calibrating the screen but it wont respond to taps at all.

Also tried cat'ing /dev/input/touchscreen0 and also /dev/input/event1 and i get no output when i press on the screen... any ideas?

EDIT: Found the problem -- I stupidly had the HPC overclocked when i launched haret ... apparently that carries over into linux

The touchscreen is slow under Linux (yet). I found you need to push a bit longer usually. It will not calibrate on taps, but will on pushes. After calibration it works better though.

Top of the page
RTFM Page Icon Posted 2007-11-12 12:28 PM
#
H/PC Elite

UPDATE!!!!!!

I uploaded a new IceWM userland AND (the best part) I pulled the latest git and found a new patch for kernel 2.6.23 from 5 days ago, applied it and built it for the 900c.

New kernel features that i noticed are:

Screen blanking and apm, meaning after 5 minutes of inactivity the lcd shuts off.
The function keys ( f1 - f11 ) now work.
And a TON of new modules/drivers are included.

Great work on the kernel patches cosmo0!

As for the userland, there were some cleanups, and i updated it to look just like 7xx mongo....

Cheers.

P.S. michelbel, sorry to make you edit your nice tutorial again, but the links somewhat changed with new kernel and such.

Edited by RTFM 2007-11-12 12:31 PM
 Top of the page
michelbel Page Icon Posted 2007-11-12 2:52 PM
#
Subscribers
H/PC Philosopher

RTFM - 2007-11-11 6:28 PM

P.S. michelbel, sorry to make you edit your nice tutorial again, but the links somewhat changed with new kernel and such.

Edit Done
RTFM, you can update your copy on jlime.
 Top of the page
« Prev ... 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 Next »
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.234 - Cached queries : 68 - Executed queries : 11