x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

Mobilepro 900c and linux is possible?

« Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... Next »
cosmo0
cosmo0 Page Icon Posted 2007-04-28 7:47 PM
#
nickel3 - 2007-04-27 11:05 PM

looks great. My microdrive is waiting for transfering the files for running Linux on my MP900c

regards

nickel3

will keep you posted ...
Eddie, XOOPs would be ideal I played with Drupal a little, I like those kind of content managers ... I'll email you
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2007-04-28 9:57 PM
#
H/PC Oracle

yeah i got those kernel messages too (using same image of course)

cosmo0, hope you can get on irc for longer next time

Edited by cmonex 2007-04-28 9:58 PM
 Top of the page
hagisbasheruk Page Icon Posted 2007-05-01 6:03 AM
#
Factor Fanatic

VFS: Cannot open root device "sda1" or unknown-block(0,0)
Please append a correct "root=" boot option
Kernel panic - not syncing: VFS: Unable to mount root fs on unknown-block(0,0)

i get this using certain CFs using 2.6 kernel on J720 but CFs are fine on 2.4 kernels
Mabey you can try 2.4 kernel first
 Top of the page
cosmo0
cosmo0 Page Icon Posted 2007-05-02 9:22 AM
#
for those of you with serial cables who are desparate to see linux running on your mobilepro900

http://rapidshare.com/files/29068009/mp900c_linux_shell.zip.html

2MB download, sorry about the rapidshare but we'll have things hosted better soon

EddieG has a XOOPS site starting up

you'll need HaRET in the same directory

http://www.handhelds.org/moin/moin.cgi/HaRET

see the README in the zipfile

sorry no LCD, yet ... that's next I promise

The kernel zImage you get has an initramfs wrapped up inside so you don't need to worry about initrd

basic shell, busybox, you can look at stuff in /proc, pxaregs will let you play with PXA255 registers

not much else but play around and remember you'll have to hard reset to get out of linux so backup if you have to.

If 2.4 will make cf card access easier I might just try it Hagis ... been cool to catch you guys on irc more soon - gotta get that LCD going

cosmo0
 Top of the page
Kristoffer Page Icon Posted 2007-05-05 9:32 AM
#
Factorite (Junior)

Greetings,

The reason why no development has happend is basicly because our lack of mpc900c users. Im very much interested in getting the mpc900 supported.

Of course someone with the hardware would have to step up as the maintainer.
As much of the hardware the mpc900 uses is in the vanilla tree already, it shouldnt be hard getting it supported by default. So, whoever is the main developer please contact Russell to setup a commit link there.

If you want this project to be a part of JLime we basicly only need a maintainer to take place on our jlime core development team. Anyone feeling up to the task, talk to me in #jlime on irc.freenode.net.

The maintainer would have full access to our git repositories so synced kernel sources could be maintained. Kernel, Userland and feed would also be made available through the website (although mongo userland/feed should work well).

Best wishes
Kristoffer
 Top of the page
Kristoffer Page Icon Posted 2007-05-05 9:35 AM
#
Factorite (Junior)

Oh, and forgot something. This of course also is true for the mp7xx and mp8xx series. My goal for our git servers is to have a place to push things into vanilla and eventually have all of our beloved platforms supported by default. No forking
 Top of the page
cosmo0
cosmo0 Page Icon Posted 2007-05-06 12:00 PM
#
Kristoffer, I think jlime would be great on the mp900 - I think hagisbash mentioned you as THE person to talk to re kernel stuff and he pointed me towards some jlime/jornada720 kernel patches

They've been extremely helpful to look at and I've got my mp900c's LCD frame buffer working now with a slightly altered version of the epson driver you have in there ... next is the keyboard I think.

At this stage I'm just messing about with a linux source tree trying some stuff out, it's messy but once I clean it up a bit it would be great to merge the diffs into something like what you have going ... I'll get in touch at some stage for sure

a bootable kernel image is available from our kernel image downloads page

if people want to try it out get the mp900c_linux_fb.zip and not the old shell one, much nicer

so far it still requires a serial cable if you want to login and access the shell, but at least you see tux and kernel messages on screen now

cheers cosmo0

Edited by cosmo0 2007-05-06 12:04 PM

(mp900c_lcd_small.jpg)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments mp900c_lcd_small.jpg (24KB - 10 downloads)
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2007-05-06 1:06 PM
#
H/PC Oracle

wow cosmo0!!!!!!!!!
 Top of the page
nickel3 Page Icon Posted 2007-05-06 2:41 PM
#
Factorite (Junior)

Hi cosmo0,

amazing, marvelous, wonderful!!!!! Real progress. I am eager to install linux for MP900c.

regards and good progress

nickel3

Edited by nickel3 2007-05-06 2:50 PM
 Top of the page
bsaunder
bsaunder Page Icon Posted 2007-05-07 1:16 AM
#
Wow! This is great news. Hoping the keyboard driver won't be tough...

A side question: have you compiled 2.6 with the XIP stuff? Also do you know if XIP works with all types of storage ie CF?

Bill
 Top of the page
hagisbasheruk Page Icon Posted 2007-05-07 4:36 AM
#
Factor Fanatic

cosmo0 - 2007-05-06 5:00 PM

Kristoffer, I think jlime would be great on the mp900 - I think hagisbash mentioned you as THE person to talk to re kernel stuff and he pointed me towards some jlime/jornada720 kernel patches

They've been extremely helpful to look at and I've got my mp900c's LCD frame buffer working now with a slightly altered version of the epson driver you have in there ... next is the keyboard I think.

I am glad to see those links were useful cosmo0
I hope to see your next post soon with Keyboard working
 Top of the page
cosmo0
cosmo0 Page Icon Posted 2007-05-09 9:16 PM
#
- sorry lack of time the last few days to devote to this but it's coming along ...

bsaunder - 2007-05-07 1:16 AM

Wow! This is great news. Hoping the keyboard driver won't be tough...

A side question: have you compiled 2.6 with the XIP stuff? Also do you know if XIP works with all types of storage ie CF?

Bill

I think keyboard won't be too bad. cmonex discovered that the BTUART is involved by disassembling the bootloader, I need to ask you a few questions bout that now cmonex and once again the jlime kernel patches should provide good reference for writing a kb driver thnx

Haven't tried eXecute In Place ... just running from RAM for now and i'm not sure if that would work from CF, anyone know? Would probably be good though if the kernel was in flash, keep as much RAM free as possible ... 64MB ... nice ... root filesystem on CF

OK got to start looking at that kb

cheers cosmo0
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2007-05-09 11:05 PM
#
H/PC Oracle

actually it was a group effort hacking into the bootloader long ago.. but yes BTUART is used and i hope you 'll find the code useful

XIP won't work from CF! but yes i'd flash a xip kernel into rom if possible!
 Top of the page
hagisbasheruk Page Icon Posted 2007-05-16 2:48 PM
#
Factor Fanatic

Any progress on this folks ?
 Top of the page
cosmo0
cosmo0 Page Icon Posted 2007-05-17 10:49 AM
#
heh - is coming along actually the keyboard is 'real soon now' after wasting xxxxx.... too many hours scratching my head over why I was getting no interrupts from the keyboard in the kernel I noticed the BTUART clock was getting disabled (single bit of a clocks register separate from all the other BTUART registers)

anyhoo now I know the BTUART regs inside out and the interrupt works, we've decoded the keyboard protocol I think the driver will be ready to test tomorrow

I'll be sure and post as soon as the next kernel image is ready to download ...
 Top of the page
« Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... Next »
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.265 - Cached queries : 64 - Executed queries : 12