x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

things that work with 900c

theoak Page Icon Posted 2007-03-16 2:56 PM
#
H/PC Philosopher

I am still setting up my new (used) NEC 900C. So far the things that work "out of the box" are:
1. Targus USB scrolling optical mouse PAUM01 (even scroll works!)
2. Targus PAUK10 USB numeric keypad
3. Targus PAKP003 wireless numeric keypad
4. Macally PHR-250 OTG USB 2.5" hard drive enclosure
5. CueCat USB barcode scanner
6. Corsair Voyager 128 MB USB pen drive

These devices work but require drivers, and setting up:
7. Netgear MA 401 PCMCIA wifi card
8. I am able to print across wireless network to Epson Stylus CX5000
 Top of the page
Rich Hawley Page Icon Posted 2007-03-16 3:29 PM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Guru

The barcode scanner works? Cool. What do you use it with...I mean what software and what does it scan, just barcodes?

Rich
 Top of the page
theoak Page Icon Posted 2007-03-16 6:12 PM
#
H/PC Philosopher

I don't really use it with anything. But it functions just like a keyboard. For instance if you open WordPad, and scan a barcode, it just "types" the numeric value of the barcode. You could use it with a spreadsheet to inventory products with UPCs. I would suppose that you could use it with a product line that you sell "in the field". (This would particularly be useful if you also had a printer that was field usable, like the Sipix A6.You could print out a receipt and scan the product code into the receipt just like the cash registers do.) This could be a nice portable setup for small-time vendors and service people.

Edit:If you have ever seen CueCat, this is admitedly a dorky looking setup. I would HAVE to encase the CueCat in another enclosure to keep from looking stupid.

Edited by theoak 2007-03-16 6:16 PM
 Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2007-03-17 5:54 AM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

That's all a barcode scanner is, a keyboard device. I have one here, great fun for about 30 seconds
If you have the Azaelia font you can literally reverse the process and type barcodes out into MS Word We already have a few Barcode scanners in the HCL. I'll add yours along with your other info. Thanks!
 Top of the page
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.238 - Cached queries : 61 - Executed queries : 12