x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

Prebuilt Jornada 7xx linux image

[Frozen]
« Prev ... 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ... Next »
Frozen
al
al Page Icon Posted 2007-12-25 6:58 AM
#
Thanks a lot for your help RTFM, but it doesn't work. Abiword 2.4.6 will install on the jornada, but as I tried to open a doc document imported from my server, it crashes with the following message:

GTK-Warning: Courld not find the icon 'gnome-fs-home'. The 'hicolor' theme was not fuond either, perhaps you need to install it.

I tried to install gnome-fs-home and the hicolor theme, but it didn't work either. I tried to suppress /.Abisuite, but to no avail. I would be very happy if someone could provide a solution for this since it is a very anoying bug. Thanks a lot!

Merry Christmas to all of you, and a happy and healthy New Year 2008!

yours
al
 Top of the page
RTFM Page Icon Posted 2008-01-02 12:52 AM
#
H/PC Elite

Those errors don't mean much, the app will run without that installed. The hi-color theme is bloat and not needed, gtk will just use default icons in its place. Back to abiword.. I haven't had any problems with M$ word or abiword docs, so maybe its something on open offices end that is causing abiword to crash for you. I dont use OO so i cant test it. I guess my only suggestion is dont use OO, or use mongo, as this is the last image for the 2.4 kernel and i wont be updating it anymore. Some nice person from jlimes forums sent me a 40 gig hard drive as a christmas gift so i could get back to working on mongo and henchman after having my development drive die 2-3 months ago. Thats where my focus will be from here on out. Hope ya understand.

Cheers.

Edited by RTFM 2008-01-02 12:52 AM
 Top of the page
bvjones Page Icon Posted 2008-01-02 3:39 PM
#
Factorite (Senior)

Looking forward to seeing Mongo proceed! Keep us posted here at HPCFactor too!
 Top of the page
bvjones Page Icon Posted 2008-01-04 3:38 PM
#
Factorite (Senior)

Finally, as promised, I have assembled a sort-of FAQ from all the questions and answers on this thread. Also updated the readme with some of the data. I will attempt to attach the files here.

I don't really know HTML, so these were created with OpenOffice and saved as html files. I did open them in a browser and got them reasonably clean. I've never known quite how one sets the spacing after paragraphs to be zero - my pages always show up as 1.5 spaced after each hard return, no matter what page building program I use and what settings I try to force on the paragraphs. But maybe it's not too bad-looking as-is.

These are all Q&A format, with the A's coming mostly from RTFM's responses, but also from other forum folks when appropriate. Feel free to edit anything else or send a few useful screenshots, or whatever. A note on hyperlinks: I pasted in PS's link to his makeswap utility but it doesn't work - need one that goes to another site, I expect. Didn't test the rest of them, sorry.

Hope it's useful somewhere.

Attachments
----------------
Attachments PreBuilt FAQ.html (55KB - 18 downloads)
Attachments PreBuilt Readme.html (39KB - 12 downloads)
 Top of the page
RTFM Page Icon Posted 2008-01-04 8:05 PM
#
H/PC Elite

Cool thanks. I downloaded it, revised it (removed opie stuff as i offed that image long ago and changed a few answers to reflect the newer changes since some of those old posts) and uploaded to my server. Its now the default readme and a link was added for the faq.

http://freeshells.ch/~wicked74/j720/icewm720/

Cheers.
 Top of the page
al
al Page Icon Posted 2008-01-05 9:59 AM
#
Hi all, thanks a lot for your answer RTFM. No Luck with abiword, even if your prebuilt rocks a lot. Yes, I understand that you don't have much time to spend in updating the prebuilt, this also what they have been made for. I am just sad not to be able to use abiword and to listen to some music at the same time, and I don't want to use wince. Thanks again, and I am staying tunned to follow the developments of mongo (particularly sound).

yours
al

PS: juste a question: what about freebsd on the jornada? does someone work on that?
 Top of the page
humpolec
humpolec Page Icon Posted 2008-01-12 5:32 AM
#
I downloaded your image and tried to get wireless to work, but with no success. The card doesn't light up, and I can't find any indication in the system that it detected it.
It's Agere PCMCIA wireless card, working fine under Windows CE with Agere drivers. Does the included 2.4 kernel have support for it? If not, what about the jlime 2.6 one?
 Top of the page
humpolec Page Icon Posted 2008-01-12 10:46 AM
#
H/PC Newbie

Nevermind, I figured that out. It just has to use different module.
Here is the solution.
 Top of the page
Talen Page Icon Posted 2008-01-24 10:01 AM
#
H/PC Newbie

Hey RTFM,

Just wanted to say thanks for your prebuilt image. I'm having a blast going through everything. I'm now trying to setup Sylpheed but having trouble getting access to all of the account setup fields. I've tried the options highlighted in the FAQ:

You can use alt+f in matchbox to full screen windows which might aid in veiwing oversized windows, or alt+f11 (word key) in icewm, or alt+tap and drag to move windows up/down/left/right in icewm.

I'm just wondering if there is any other way to gain access to the entire screen. Is there a VNC server that we can install and then connect from another computer?

Thanks!
 Top of the page
~Q~
~Q~ Page Icon Posted 2008-01-24 11:59 AM
#
as for vnc.. tight vnc is in the package manager.
 Top of the page
bvjones Page Icon Posted 2008-02-01 10:09 PM
#
Factorite (Senior)

I am very confused!
RTFM, I thought you had joined the JLime team working on the J7xx Mongo version. I'm still using PreBuilt because it's easier for a linux newbie. But I was just over on the JLime site, and noticed several things:

First, there still has been no update for Mongo (except kernel, for developer types) since last February.
Second, on multiple pages, nobody is listed as a Mongo developer.
Third, Kristopher has a fairly recent post there saying he's taken over the Mongo development.

He repeated that post almost word-for-word on a thread here in HPCFactor, as of January, with links to locations for downloads.

As I said before, this is very confusing!
Is there anyone working on JLime Mongo right now? Will we ever see a new updated version?

B

Edited by bvjones 2008-02-01 10:10 PM
 Top of the page
RTFM Page Icon Posted 2008-02-02 12:04 AM
#
H/PC Elite

Yeah i joined jlime march/april of '07. Not sure where you're looking, but mongo was last updated nov.13th of '07, not february. Kristoffer is the kernel maintainer for j6xx and j7xx, and those links are to the kernel patches and source code for the jlime kernel. If you download the git repository, inside you will see the current developers list, and who's working on what. Hope that clears things up a bit.

current mongo userlands: http://devfiles.jlime.com/7XX_Mongo_1.0.0-Testing/

current mongo package feed: http://mongo.jlime.com/feed/

Cheers

Edited by RTFM 2008-02-02 12:15 AM
 Top of the page
MC man
MC man Page Icon Posted 2008-02-05 3:47 PM
#
about AbiWord - I don't have any problems since I have copied set of font's to Jornada (Times New Roman, Tahoma, Verdana etc.)

Before this action, when I tried to open any doc file, it just throw me out.
 Top of the page
al
al Page Icon Posted 2008-02-07 3:20 PM
#
Hi MC,

how did you do it exactly, I have had the same problem and didn't find a solution.

Thanks a lot in advance,

yours

al
 Top of the page
al
al Page Icon Posted 2008-02-07 5:38 PM
#
MC, never mind, I imported my fonts from debian, and it works like a charm. It is perhaps the reason why pdf files also hang up. mmh, I am looking forward to find a solution too.

Again MC, thanks a lot!

yours
al
 Top of the page
« Prev ... 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ... Next »
Frozen
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.203 - Cached queries : 62 - Executed queries : 13