x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

Prebuilt Jornada 7xx linux image

[Frozen]
« Prev ... 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 Next »
Frozen
ArchiMark Page Icon Posted 2008-05-11 11:51 PM
#
Subscribers
H/PC Sensei

RTFM - 2008-05-11 7:40 PM
After some reading, it looks like the drivers for that card werent in place until 2.6.5. I know they work with jlime and 2.6.x kernels as a few users have them. Doubtfull it'll work on 2.4 kernel.

The bnep0 is for bluetooth devices. Actually eth0 shows up in network applet ( granted the card is recognized ). You probably didnt see it because it had no idea what your card was. I always tell people to just stick with good old prism or orinoco chipset cards. They work with everything.

Oh well, maybe I'll be able to use the later on....

I guess i forgot to mention that gnumeric is in the 0.8.4 feed, which is small, but was a minor upgrade of a few packages. You will find it here: http://familiar.handhelds.org/releases/v0.8.4/feed/ in the /x11 directory. You could add that feed to /etc/ipkg.conf or just manually do it. Something like ipkg install http://familiar.handhelds.org/releases/v0.8.4/feed/x11/gnumeric_1.6.2-r0_arm.ipk. It may or may not need to download deps, i forget. If so just manually install those as well.

Cheers.

Thanks for the links and explanations....

Checked the package list and there's lots of dependencies....

Package: gnumeric
Version: 1.6.2-r0
Depends: gnumeric-locale*, gnumeric-dev (>= 1.6.2), libgoffice-1-2 (>= 0.2.0), libgsf (>= 1.13.3), bzip2 (>= 1.0.2), libglade-2.0-0 (>= 2.5.1), gtk+ (>= 2.6.10), libgnomeprintui-2-2-0 (>= 2.8.2), libgnomeprint-2-2-0 (>= 2.8.2), libgnomecanvas-2-0 (>= 2.12.0), libxml2 (>= 2.6.10), libc6 (>= 2.3.5+cvs20050627), pango (>= 1.8.1), libgcrypt11 (>= 1.2.1), libgpg-error0 (>= 1.0), libxrandr2 (>= 1.0.2), libxext6 (>= 0.0cvs20051212), libxcursor1 (>= 1.1.2), libxfixes0 (>= 2.0.1), libatk-1.0-0 (>= 1.9.0), libxft2 (>= 2.1.6), libxrender1 (>= 0.8.4), libfontconfig1 (>= 2.2.95), libfreetype6 (>= 2.1.10), libz1 (>= 1.2.3), libexpat0 (>= 1.95.7), libx11-6 (>= 6.2.1), libxau0 (>= 0.1.1), libglib-2.0-0 (>= 2.6.4), libart-lgpl-2-2 (>= 2.3.16), libpopt0 (>= 1.7), libgcc1 (>= 3.4.4)
Section: x11/utils
Architecture: arm
Maintainer: Koen Kooi <koen@handhelds.org>
Size: 830434
Filename: gnumeric_1.6.2-r0_arm.ipk
Description: Gnumeric spreadsheet for GNOME

Top of the page
ArchiMark Page Icon Posted 2008-05-12 1:16 AM
#
Subscribers
H/PC Sensei

Decided to try my trusty ol' Ambicom WL1100C-CF WiFi card....put it in my CF Card adapter and popped into my 728 and voila!

Card was recognized...got it configured and connected to net!!!!

Top of the page
ArchiMark Page Icon Posted 2008-05-12 7:40 PM
#
Subscribers
H/PC Sensei

A follow-up question regarding package installation with this image...

We've discussed install with no dependencies, but is there a way to do the opposite, force the dependencies, like I'm able to do with Debian???

Have tried installing gnumeric and it's dependencies invidually, but it's really a b$*&^% to try and do it this way....there's too many individual items and for some strange unknown reason, several of them refuse to download and install have tried several times, even with typing in full path to file in feed!

Seems like there must be a better way than this.....

Otherwise, this image works pretty well....

Thanks!
 Top of the page
RTFM Page Icon Posted 2008-05-12 7:59 PM
#
H/PC Elite

There are 2 things you can do.

1) The easy way. Edit /etc/ipkg.conf and add the 0.8.4 feed to it. You'll get the idea of how if works from that. Just be sure to name them differently than the 0.8.2 feed. Such as base, you could name it base2 for the 0.8.4 feed, x11 to x11-2, etc etc. Then save and run ipkg update to update the package list with all the new stuff from the 0.8.4 feed. Then ipkg install gnumeric as now it and all the deps will autodownload and install. If for some reason you get a message like "blah cant install blah because package blah already has installed this file" use the -force-overwrite switch.

2) Force install. Add -nodeps -force-overwrite to each package listed as a dep.

Cheers and good luck.

If all else fails, i've had it installed before and i could whip up a seperate userland w/gnumeric installed if need be.
 Top of the page
ArchiMark Page Icon Posted 2008-05-12 10:42 PM
#
Subscribers
H/PC Sensei

RTFM - 2008-05-12 4:59 PM

There are 2 things you can do.

1) The easy way. Edit /etc/ipkg.conf and add the 0.8.4 feed to it. You'll get the idea of how if works from that. Just be sure to name them differently than the 0.8.2 feed. Such as base, you could name it base2 for the 0.8.4 feed, x11 to x11-2, etc etc. Then save and run ipkg update to update the package list with all the new stuff from the 0.8.4 feed. Then ipkg install gnumeric as now it and all the deps will autodownload and install. If for some reason you get a message like "blah cant install blah because package blah already has installed this file" use the -force-overwrite switch.

I did edit all the sources in the 'ipkg.conf' file to point to 0.8.4 instead of 0.8.2, figured that would be the easiest way to keep track of what I'm doing (and then change it back it I wanted...).

Unfortunately, it doesn't work the way you'd think and I get error messages that it can't find packages....

2) Force install. Add -nodeps -force-overwrite to each package listed as a dep.

Would be OK if there were only a few related packages, but there's lots of dependencies with gnumeric....see post above... think I tried the -force-overwrite option, but didn't help...

Cheers and good luck.

Thanks, it seems I need it!!!

If all else fails, i've had it installed before and i could whip up a seperate userland w/gnumeric installed if need be.

That would be great if it's not too much trouble.....

Top of the page
RTFM Page Icon Posted 2008-05-12 11:05 PM
#
H/PC Elite

Actually you need both the 0.8.2 and 0.8.4 feed active in ipkg.conf if you plan on installing anything from the 0.8.4 feed. The reason it cant find files is that some are located in the 0.8.2 feed. To put it simply, the 0.8.4 feed is just a small 'upgrade' feed for some packages, along with a few new applications. It isnt a 'full' feed like 0.8.2. Catch my drift now?

Blame familiar for the messy feed setup. If tht doesnt work for ya, i'll whip up another image.

Cheers.

Edited by RTFM 2008-05-12 11:10 PM
 Top of the page
ArchiMark Page Icon Posted 2008-05-12 11:42 PM
#
Subscribers
H/PC Sensei

RTFM - 2008-05-12 8:05 PM

Actually you need both the 0.8.2 and 0.8.4 feed active in ipkg.conf if you plan on installing anything from the 0.8.4 feed. The reason it cant find files is that some are located in the 0.8.2 feed. To put it simply, the 0.8.4 feed is just a small 'upgrade' feed for some packages, along with a few new applications. It isnt a 'full' feed like 0.8.2. Catch my drift now?

OK, I got it now, RTFM!!!!!

Blame familiar for the messy feed setup.

Yeah, where's Debian when I need it....

If tht doesnt work for ya, i'll whip up another image.

Cheers.

Appreciate the offer!

However, I'll give it one more try and report back....

Thanks.

Top of the page
ArchiMark Page Icon Posted 2008-05-13 12:41 AM
#
Subscribers
H/PC Sensei

Hmmm....with both version feeds, I get error message again that it can't find gnumeric...when I tried with just v0.8.4 again it got almost all the dependent files, but not quite....

So, going to try using some of the v0.8.2 feeds one by one until hopefully, it grabs what is needed....

Meanwhile, forgot to mention that I can't get screen brightness adjustment applet to work, I can change the setting and say OK, but it doesn't take, screen is still on dimmest setting when I re-check it....strange because I am running 729 on AC Power!

Any suggestions?

Thanks!
 Top of the page
RTFM Page Icon Posted 2008-05-13 1:53 AM
#
H/PC Elite

Hmm. The applet should work. Does here to a point. You can change brightness/contrast via commandline as last resort. I actually have a generic script for that in the userland already. Have a look at /usr/local/bin/lcd and lcdconsole. I set one for X and one for console to eliminate the 'pinkish' text in console. Edit to your liking (0 = 0ff and 225 = highest) then run the script. I find between 100 and 140 works best for me. Yours may differ.

Cheers.
 Top of the page
ArchiMark Page Icon Posted 2008-05-14 3:59 PM
#
Subscribers
H/PC Sensei

RTFM - 2008-05-12 10:53 PM

Hmm. The applet should work. Does here to a point. You can change brightness/contrast via commandline as last resort. I actually have a generic script for that in the userland already. Have a look at /usr/local/bin/lcd and lcdconsole. I set one for X and one for console to eliminate the 'pinkish' text in console. Edit to your liking (0 = 0ff and 225 = highest) then run the script. I find between 100 and 140 works best for me. Yours may differ.

Cheers.

Thanks for the help, RTFM!!

Changed the values in the scripts and all is good now...

Meanwhile, on the gnumeric front.....seems like I'm close, but no go yet......

#gnumeric gnumeric: error while loading shared libraries: libgsf-1.so.113: cannot open shared object: No such file or directory

So, thinking that somehow libgsf didn't get installed, I looked in the 'v0.8.4/feed/x11' packages list and found the file...so, just did the following:

#ipkg install http://familiar.handhelds.org/releases/v0.8.4/feed/x11/libgsf_1.13.3-r1_arm.ipk Downloading http://familiar.handhelds.org/releases/v0.8.4/feed/x11/libgsf_1.13.3-r1_arm.ipk Not downgrading package libgsf on root from 1.14.2-r0 to 1.13.3-r1. Nothing to be done.

So, somehow, when I was installing gnumeric, it picked up a newer version than the one that it's now looking for....

So, I assume that it's OK to downgrade versions as that is what gnumeric is looking for, right?

Also, does mrxvt-mini have scrolling capability??

Visually, it looks like it does, but when I try to drag on what appears to be a scrollbar it doesn't scroll.

It really helps many times to be able to scroll through text in a terminal window....

Thanks,

Mark
 Top of the page
RTFM Page Icon Posted 2008-05-14 9:38 PM
#
H/PC Elite

Ahhh.. yeah i remember know. You dont need to downgrade libgsf, ipkg does not like to downgrade without a fight. You will have to make symlinks. I'd cd to /usr/lib then open midnight commander (mc). Now browse around until you locate libgsf, then just create a symlink linking 114 to 113. Might be something like 'ln -s libgsf-1.so.114 libgsf-1.so.113 or something to that nature. That might happen to a few more libs also if i remember correctly.

Mrxvt does scroll, but you have to use right click to scroll up, left click to scroll down. It might work with my mouse hotkeys (works with firefox/minimo didnt test with anything else). They are linked to the front audio buttons, if not use the mouse icon on taskbar. For a terminal with a 'real' scrollbar use aterm, which is the the term icon on the taskbar.

Cheers.
 Top of the page
ArchiMark Page Icon Posted 2008-05-14 10:30 PM
#
Subscribers
H/PC Sensei

RTFM - 2008-05-14 6:38 PM
Ahhh.. yeah i remember know. You dont need to downgrade libgsf, ipkg does not like to downgrade without a fight. You will have to make symlinks. I'd cd to /usr/lib then open midnight commander (mc). Now browse around until you locate libgsf, then just create a symlink linking 114 to 113. Might be something like 'ln -s libgsf-1.so.114 libgsf-1.so.113 or something to that nature. That might happen to a few more libs also if i remember correctly.

OK, think I understand...but then I need to force install of 113, right?....

Mrxvt does scroll, but you have to use right click to scroll up, left click to scroll down. It might work with my mouse hotkeys (works with firefox/minimo didnt test with anything else). They are linked to the front audio buttons, if not use the mouse icon on taskbar. For a terminal with a 'real' scrollbar use aterm, which is the the term icon on the taskbar.

Cheers.

OK, will try that with mrxvt....in the meantime, I installed rxvt and it scrolls.... but will try out aterm for fun....

Thanks!
 Top of the page
ArchiMark Page Icon Posted 2008-05-16 12:36 PM
#
Subscribers
H/PC Sensei

OK, just did the search for all the libgsf v114 files and then symlinked them to v113....

Now, when I try to open gnumeric I get:

#gnumeric /usr/lib/libpng12.so.0: no version information available (required by /usr/lib/libcairo.so.2) gnumeric: symbol lookup error: /usr/lib/libgoffice-1.so.2: undefined symbol: g_object_ref_sink

Mark
Wondering whether I should install 720degrees, so I'm back to good ol' familiar Debian......
 Top of the page
Qkall Page Icon Posted 2008-05-16 1:11 PM
#
Factorite (Senior)

talked to rtfm last night... he's cleaning up another build... has a bunch of dev files and DOOM... so perhaps he'll have that gnumeric in there as well.
 Top of the page
ArchiMark Page Icon Posted 2008-05-16 2:21 PM
#
Subscribers
H/PC Sensei

Qkall - 2008-05-16 10:11 AM

talked to rtfm last night... he's cleaning up another build... has a bunch of dev files and DOOM... so perhaps he'll have that gnumeric in there as well.

Hey, Qkall, thanks for the update....that's great news!

So, guess will hang tight for a bit....

Top of the page
« Prev ... 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 Next »
Frozen
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.234 - Cached queries : 72 - Executed queries : 9