x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

Prebuilt Jornada 7xx linux image

[Frozen]
« Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... Next »
Frozen
RTFM Page Icon Posted 2007-03-29 4:44 AM
#
H/PC Elite

It should automatically, but try this. Type lsmod in console, and see if airo_cs is listed. If not type modprobe airo_cs and if you get no errors the driver loaded. Reinsert wifi card, and you should be all set. Hope that helps, but again, it should just work upon boot.

Cheers.
 Top of the page
raul Page Icon Posted 2007-03-30 2:48 AM
#
Factorite (Senior)

I have a problem. I formated 2 partitions, then copied fat files to fat partition, ext2 files to ext2 partition but when I strat linexec Jornada hang and nothing happens. I copied files once again butit's the same.
What am I doing wrong?
 Top of the page
RTFM Page Icon Posted 2007-03-30 6:16 AM
#
H/PC Elite

What do you mean by hang? Is it stuck in win CE yet? or does the screen go black? or something else?

Also i suppose i should make it a little clearer for people as the files *in* /fat get copied to the fat partition, as do the folders *in* /ext2 get copied over to ext2 partition. The actual /fat and /ext2 folders themselves to do not.

Cheers.
 Top of the page
raul Page Icon Posted 2007-03-30 6:40 AM
#
Factorite (Senior)

It's stuck in Win Ce and nothing happens. Screen freezes. I copied /fat to fat partition and ext2 to ext2 partition

Edited by raul 2007-03-30 6:41 AM
 Top of the page
internetcz
internetcz Page Icon Posted 2007-03-31 4:32 AM
#
Hi,
I wrote about Aironet 350 problems.
When I typed "lsmod" the module from aironet (airo_cs or airo) dont appear. Does not loaded.
So i typed "modprobe airo_cs" but some error happen:

/lib/modules/2.4.31-j720/kernel/net/wireless/airo.o: unresolved symbol crypto_alloc_tfm
/lib/modules/2.4.31-j720/kernel/net/wireless/airo.o: unresolved symbol crypto_free_tfm
/lib/modules/2.4.31-j720/kernel/net/wireless/airo.o: insmod /lib/modules/2.4.31-j720/kernel/net/wireless/airo.o failed
/lib/modules/2.4.31-j720/kernel/net/wireless/airo.o: insmod airo_cs failed

What this can be? My system its your system. Unmodified.
When I eject and insert the Aironet 350 Series Wi-fi Card the system (graphical interface) detect the card, but I can't to use.
The card leds always are in "orange" color (when the card is working this same leds are flashing green)

Thanks
 Top of the page
RTFM Page Icon Posted 2007-03-31 5:09 PM
#
H/PC Elite

Raul: I dont know. I tried to reproduce your lockup on mine, but it never happened. So i'm clueless. If the partitions are set up right and formatted properly, and the files are copied correctly it boots up every time.

Internetcz: First i'd grab my newest image with the newest 2.4.34 kernel (see few posts back). See what happens then. I have no aironet card myself, and never heard good things about them honestly. All my cards are prism/orinoco/agere based and work flawlessly. I guess try the newest kernel first, if that doesn't do it i'd start looking at getting a better supported wifi card.

Cheers.
 Top of the page
sophisticatedleaf Page Icon Posted 2007-04-01 3:37 AM
#
Avatar image of sophisticatedleaf
H/PC Elder

Sounds like the kernel is having errors. Perhaps the module utilities in his image are too old. You could recompile the kernel with the aironet drivers statically compiled in, which would also solve the problem.

RTFM: Check your utilities - they _must_ be up to date, or you will have all kinds of kernel problems. I'd recommend updating it to work with 2.6 really...it would yield better results.
 Top of the page
internetcz
internetcz Page Icon Posted 2007-04-02 4:52 AM
#
No solution to Aironet 350? Or if I recompile the kernel the card will to work? Dont know how to do it, how to recompile the kernel, I never did it before.
I made download from the Cisco site of the drivers but I can to install they because this linux dont have the "make" command.

Erghhhhhh. --> I the 720 Degrees I have internet but I cant to install the Icewm because the apt-get have some problems and here, with the OPIE I dont have internet access. I hope to use you system because I like of him.

I dont know what to do.
This its my 7th night in this PC :-(
 Top of the page
RTFM Page Icon Posted 2007-04-02 2:16 PM
#
H/PC Elite

Now i'm stumped. If you have internet with 720degrees, you should also with the opie image. They currently use the 'same' 2.4.xx kernels. Try typing iwconfig and see if anything pops up for eth0. Quick tutorial on iwconfig is here. http://www.newlinuxuser.com/howto-use-iwconfig/

try this possibly:

iwconfig eth0 essid <essidname>
udhcpcd eth0

PS: it is using modutils 2.6

Cheers.

Edited by RTFM 2007-04-02 2:43 PM
 Top of the page
sophisticatedleaf Page Icon Posted 2007-04-02 4:10 PM
#
H/PC Elder

RTFM: He is getting module errors. 720degrees got the same as well, until we created a new base. If modutils 2.6 is the newest, then something else is the problem. But it is definitely some problem with your image, not the kernel.
 Top of the page
RTFM Page Icon Posted 2007-04-02 6:13 PM
#
H/PC Elite

Then its a familiar base problem then, as thats what the image is, just preloaded with 'their' software ( except the few i added, opera, naim, gyach-text etc ).I have 3 different wifi cards and they all work fine.

Again, its something to play with, to fill the void, as jlime has been saying their 7xx release would be ready in a few weeks for about 8 months now. It's not something i'm supporting. Jlimes forums have a few users that cant get those 340/350 cards working either.

Also note that error is from an old image using kernel 2.4.31, not the latest one i uploaded. And if that error happens with the new image, there's nothing i can or will do about it.

Cheers.
 Top of the page
mboldisc
mboldisc Page Icon Posted 2007-04-02 9:59 PM
#
Thanks so much for the files RTFM. I have a chicken and egg problem. I need the rtl8150 kernel drivers before I can really start using linux on my Jornada 720. I have been searching all over for a pre-compiled package of kernel modules (arm architecture). Since you are able to compile the kernel, is there any chance you could add more modules (e.g. oronico). I bought an Encore PCMCIA adapter (which said linux capable) for my Jornada, but can't use it.

Thanks!!
 Top of the page
RTFM Page Icon Posted 2007-04-02 10:44 PM
#
H/PC Elite

The orinoco drivers are already there. I dont think your network card is even supported by the jornada. Linux may support it, but the jornada only has usb slave, no usb host. I'm guessing your card is a RealTek RTL8150 USB Ethernet card. If i'm right, it wont work, usb is out of the question.

Now about the Encore PCMCIA adapter, thats a 32bit 802.11g card. It will work with linux in general, but the jornada only supports 16bit 802.11a/b cards. Return that card if you can and hit ebay for a 16bit wifi card. They go pretty cheap, 20-40 USD, depending on new/used etc.

Cheers.
 Top of the page
sophisticatedleaf Page Icon Posted 2007-04-03 3:28 AM
#
H/PC Elder

RTFM, I understand the frustration with the slow base release - believe me. I am working on putting together packages that would update the image and make things quite a bit more usable. If you could work with me on OPIE, and give me a place to put the local X installer, I can at least get something new out there.

As far as the Aironet problems, if someone would be willing to test my 2.4.34.1 configuration and give me a place to put it, that would be great. Raul said something about that on 720degrees.

Edited by ProgramSynthesiser 2007-04-03 3:29 AM
 Top of the page
RTFM Page Icon Posted 2007-04-03 5:40 AM
#
H/PC Elite

PS, i got room where i'm hosting my images if you want me to host a few files. Shoot me an email ( wicked5850 at yahoo dot com ). Yahoo has 1 gig email storage, so feel free to attach what you want hosted and i'll toss em online.

As for opie on 720degrees, i HAD it! Then lost it.

Another flippin' microdrive bit the dust. Think i'll just buy a 4 gig cf this time for development purposes, as anything less is too small. *sigh*

Cheers.
 Top of the page
« Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... Next »
Frozen
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.25 - Cached queries : 68 - Executed queries : 10