x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

USB ports disappearring on a 900C?

wyattcox Page Icon Posted 2007-03-17 7:42 PM
#
Factor Fanatic

Three hard resets to fix the USB port that keeps going away. My trial version of Softmaker Office has stopped working (probably due to the hard reset) indicating tha the trial has expired. I intend to order, but would like some suggestions.

Neither the 900C nor the desktop recognise the port that they used to. The cable is good (same cable I use to sync my Palm with) nor does it recognise it if I move it to another port on the PC.

I DON'T want to have to do this again. Any suggestions?

Top of the page
Ceya Page Icon Posted 2007-03-17 8:34 PM
#
H/PC Elite

Is the port on the Active sync and PC is USB? make sure the speed is the same also.

S/F,
CEYA!
 Top of the page
wyattcox Page Icon Posted 2007-03-17 8:51 PM
#
Factor Fanatic

I'll double check that, but I would think that it wouldn't stop working if it wasn't set right in the first place. Still....
 Top of the page
Rich Hawley Page Icon Posted 2007-03-18 8:18 AM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Guru

Wyattcox,

Not sure I understand what is wrong. Are you saying that your desktop port is not working or are you saying that the Mobilepro port is not working? Or are you simply saying that you are having troubles synching the device?

Rich
 Top of the page
wyattcox Page Icon Posted 2007-03-18 3:41 PM
#
Factor Fanatic

Rich:

It stopped Syncing. I think it's related to the Printer Driver issue that you and Cmonex discussed here:

http://www.hpcfactor.com/forums/forums/thread-view.asp?tid=8388&posts=10#M82838

Did a hard reset, deleted the drivers off my PC so I wouldn't reinstall them (even accidentally) and started from scratch again. So far, no problems.

(BTW I broke down and ordered the Softmaker Office. It's nice having mirroring WP's on the desktop and Laptop...
 Top of the page
Bensawsome Page Icon Posted 2007-03-18 3:59 PM
#
H/PC Philosopher

The ports are porbably dead. It is a fairly common problem with the MP900c'S. It happened on two of mine (got them rplaced). So...
 Top of the page
wyattcox Page Icon Posted 2007-03-18 4:02 PM
#
Factor Fanatic

Actually the system is working fine again with the printer drivers removed and works well.
 Top of the page
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.359 - Cached queries : 64 - Executed queries : 20