x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

Can't get my Mobilepro 900 to sync

plessthanpointohfive
plessthanpointohfive Page Icon Posted 2007-03-17 9:00 PM
#
I just bought my first handheld pc, a MobilePro 900. I got it on eBay and it only came with an AC Adapter. I bought it to write my novel (anytime inspiration strikes!). But I need to sync with my PC to back up my files.

I installed ActiveSyn 3.8, hooked up the 900, and...not much happened.

On the HPC a box popped up to indicate that it was connecting but it immediately went away without connecting. And the PC is not recognizing the HPC.

What am I missing? Drivers?

I apologize if I've asked an answered question. I tried searching the forums but the browser kept timing out and I gave up...
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2007-03-17 10:47 PM
#
H/PC Oracle

yes, drivers, at cenet.mrfreehost.com
 Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2007-03-18 4:35 AM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

The PC should have prompted you with a driver dialogue, at which point you give it access to the inflated files from:
http://www.hpcfactor.com/support/update/

If you didn't get that driver prompt, try swapping the USB port - you should hear Windows XP 'ding' to acknowledge the devices presence followed by the prompt a few seconds later.
 Top of the page
billy
billy Page Icon Posted 2007-03-20 12:37 PM
#
its mostly your firewall setting... turn it off. if you are using vista there is no way it would connect and sync but it would let you see your file through explorer
 Top of the page
Ralph
Ralph Page Icon Posted 2007-03-22 9:29 PM
#
Thanks Amie

You've solved one of my problems.
Great stuff

regards
Ralph
 Top of the page
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.125 - Cached queries : 60 - Executed queries : 11