x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

Problems with MDict 2.3

tomboyed Page Icon Posted 2007-03-19 11:20 PM
#
Factorite (Junior)

Hi,

I have recently downloaded and installed the MDict 2.3 into my NEC MobilePro 900C (windows ce.net 4.2). And I have followed all the instructions correctly to applied the tricks of htmlview.

I have created a directory named "Fonts" under the directory where MDict.exe is located in my MP900C, then copy the ksphonetic.ttf into the "Fonts" directory.

In oder to use the MDict, I have also copied some dictionaries into it. However, every time after I use the program and when closing it, I have always got this message appeared in the screen:

Remove font failed: \Storage Card\Octopus Studio MDict\Fonts\ksphonetic.ttf, Err:87

May I know what is the prolem and how to solve it?

Thank you.

Top of the page
Rich Hawley Page Icon Posted 2007-03-20 6:12 AM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Guru

Not sure what the fonts stuff is...are you sure you downloaded the correct version? Go here http://www.octopus-studio.com/download.en.htm and download the ARM HPCPRO cpu version. It is a zipped file. Just copy all the contents to any folder on your 900C. I created a folder called MDICT in the program files folder. I then copied over one of the dictionaries, the opted003.mdx file into the same folder, but it could have been anywhere really...and the program runs fine.

I didn't have to do anything with any fonts...which I guess is why I am confused at your problems....

Rich
 Top of the page
Hurricane John Page Icon Posted 2007-03-20 8:11 AM
#
H/PC Sensei

tomboyed

Try this

Open MDict 2.3, go to the Tools menu, selct Options and then tap on the Misc folder.

Try unchecking the 'Free font resource when exist' box.

If that doesn't work, then try putting a check mark in that same box and see if that works.

Otherwise you may have to delete the ksphonetic.ttf font
 Top of the page
tomboyed Page Icon Posted 2007-03-20 12:20 PM
#
Factorite (Junior)

Hi Rich and John,

Thank you very much for your reply and kind assitance in helping me to solve the problems of MDict 2.3 programs.

Best regards,

Tomboyed
 Top of the page
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.203 - Cached queries : 60 - Executed queries : 13