x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

DT Research DT375

1 2
absolutesantaja
absolutesantaja Page Icon Posted 2007-03-21 5:37 PM
#
Hi I purchased one of these tables, a DT375 originally made by DT research. It has some crazy customized firmware loaded on that among other things does a hard reset every time to turn the unit off or do any kind of reset other than the basic suspend option. I'm trying to find a way to reload factory firmware and where to find it at. I'm not interested in anything pirated I'd just like the unit to function in a standard way. Also none of the programs listed on cmonex's website for ce net 4.2 will run. I'm not sure what files this unit may be missing. Any Ideas would be appreciated.
 Top of the page
P.E.I. Page Icon Posted 2007-03-21 7:02 PM
#
Factorite (Junior)

Try this site for a soft reset http://www.dt375.com./new-page-11.htm
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2007-03-21 8:19 PM
#
H/PC Oracle

absolutesantaja - 2007-03-21 11:37 PM

Hi I purchased one of these tables, a DT375 originally made by DT research. It has some crazy customized firmware loaded on that among other things does a hard reset every time to turn the unit off or do any kind of reset other than the basic suspend option. I'm trying to find a way to reload factory firmware and where to find it at. I'm not interested in anything pirated I'd just like the unit to function in a standard way. Also none of the programs listed on cmonex's website for ce net 4.2 will run. I'm not sure what files this unit may be missing. Any Ideas would be appreciated.

which programs did you try and what were the error messages? do cab files install OK? any screenshot?

if you cannot find the original firmware image, i wonder if we can get the rom off another dt375 with the normal firmware. i know nothing of these units but if you send me an email to contactchan at freemail.hu we might be able to figure something out. i've had some PNA's reflashed ok and stuff before.
 Top of the page
absolutesantaja
absolutesantaja Page Icon Posted 2007-03-21 11:06 PM
#
Specifically I tried adobe reader 2.0 off of cmonex's site, the version specifically for ce net 4.2 and it would just come up this is not a valid windows ce applications, I run execute check and it says can't load mfcce301.dll commctrl.dll and AYGSHELL.dll even though I have verified all of these are on the unit.

Thanks
 Top of the page
absolutesantaja
absolutesantaja Page Icon Posted 2007-03-21 11:07 PM
#
also I've been to dt375.com and those programs seem to work, and I was able to get a random version of scummvm to work, all the cabs I've tried have installed but then wouldn't run

thanks again
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2007-03-22 12:23 AM
#
H/PC Oracle

i'm sure execheck reported more errors than just "can't load" mfcce, commctrl, aygshell. can you look once more?
 Top of the page
absolutesantaja
absolutesantaja Page Icon Posted 2007-03-22 7:11 AM
#
No thats all it said, exaclty three lines of text with "unable to load" after each of those three files names.

Thanks
Shawn
 Top of the page
CE Geek Page Icon Posted 2007-03-22 1:36 PM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Oracle

Have you also put in a doclist.dll file? (The Pocket PC version of mfcce300.dll requires this.)

Edited by CE Geek 2007-03-22 1:36 PM
 Top of the page
absolutesantaja
absolutesantaja Page Icon Posted 2007-03-22 4:55 PM
#
Thanks that file helped get reader running.
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2007-03-22 5:22 PM
#
H/PC Oracle

interesting that the error was not valid ce app instead of cannot find component.
 Top of the page
dt375
dt375 Page Icon Posted 2007-04-09 7:21 PM
#
Hi, I can reimage your system for you. Unfortunately I can not give you the image (part of the deal when I purchased it). If you want to send me an email I will give you the details. Basically a $15 charge pluse shipping.

In following the thread here is looks like you were having issues with getting Acrobat to run on a 375? I have not found any Acrobat readers (other than the one that comes on the machine) that will run. Acrobat 1.0 and 2.0 on this site (HPC:Factor) will load but nor execute.

Happy to answer any other questions you might have.
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2007-04-09 8:53 PM
#
H/PC Oracle

dt375 : try the adobe hack on my site http://izemize.fw.hu/hpc.php if the 375 has aygshell in rom use the msayg (recommended) version otherwise try the other cenet 4.2 version.

the hpcfactor version isn't ce.net-ready.
 Top of the page
fy78901 Page Icon Posted 2007-04-10 11:41 AM
#
Factorite (Junior)

The adobe reader for NEC Mobile pro 900C will work in the DT 375 !!!!
 Top of the page
fy78901 Page Icon Posted 2007-04-10 11:41 AM
#
Factorite (Junior)

The adobe reader for NEC Mobile pro 900C will work in the DT 375 !!!!
 Top of the page
mikegrimsley76 Page Icon Posted 2007-04-11 8:53 AM
#
Factorite (Junior)

There is no need to pay anyone for the ROM image (Sorry DT375, not trying to take any business away from you). If you email DTResearch support and give them your serial numbers they will provide you with a link to download the ROM image. You may have to send multiple emails but they will eventually reply.
 Top of the page
1 2
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.375 - Cached queries : 64 - Executed queries : 14