x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

Pharos iGPS-500 with USB cable on MP900C?

CAuser Page Icon Posted 2007-03-23 12:29 PM
#
H/PC Sensei

Last night, I tried to install Pharos' USB (to serial) driver for iGPS-500(360 too!) for Toshiba PPC 2003 on NEC MobilePro 900C. Of course, without additional files for PPC, it did not work. Nevertheless, with mfcce300.dll, cellcore.dll, and doclist.dll CE Geek used to run Pharos' Ostia 7.0 navigation software on Skeye.pad with CE .NET 4.2, the GPS unit was lit up. The system asked me for the driver name. I entered USBSER but it did not accept. I feel that it could work with some right files or utility for PPC 2003. One example is that Isotherm wrote an utility to make PPC 2000 and 2002 driver work on HP Jornada 72x. The problem is that I do not have those skills to hack the PPC driver. Pharos also provides PPC 2002 driver for Toshiba PPC with Xscale processor. The reason I attempted to use Pharos' GPS receiver is that it is bundled with Microsoft's streets and trips 2006. Now, you can buy the bundle for less than $50 from some third parties on Amazon. PCMCIA to CF to serial does work, but you need 2 adapters. CF to serial adapter for Pharos iGPS-500 sells for $50. Also when the adapter is inserted in MP900C's slot, the bottom of MP900C with the GPS unit becomes uneven.
 Top of the page
CAuser Page Icon Posted 2007-03-26 1:06 AM
#
H/PC Sensei

I should emphasize that Pharos' iGPS-360 shares the same driver with iGPS-500 as some of you might have the former.
 Top of the page
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.171 - Cached queries : 60 - Executed queries : 11