x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

Custom ROM for Skeye.pad SL?

« Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next »
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2007-07-02 7:36 AM
#
H/PC Oracle

hey that would be nice
would surely be easier to play/experiment on it if i have access to a skeyepad

as for bluetooth: you're saying the usb dongle works on the skeyepad? if so hope you submitted it to the hcl. and yes i can integrate the driver for it of course. or do i misunderstand?
 Top of the page
doquitealittle
doquitealittle Page Icon Posted 2007-07-02 10:28 AM
#
If I get a bluetooth CF adapter it will probably come with CE.NET 4.2 support considering it is a compact flash bluetooth.

I wish the skeypad had usb

Sometimes I write without thinking first.
 Top of the page
scholbert Page Icon Posted 2007-07-02 6:45 PM
#
H/PC Newbie

Hi,

Welcome Scholbert. I saw your pages some time ago when I first got mine off Ebay. I would like to help any way I can with both your efforts(Although my schedule is pretty heavy for about the next month I'll do what I can.).

thanks for visiting my website!

I'm a Linux noob but embedded is what I want to cut my teeth on.

Did you check out my new linux images?
(Don't forget to backup first!)

Personally I think desktops should have been dead a long time ago. They make my back hurt. I love sitting in the recliner with a Skeyepad Via VNC or my smartphone.

Yeah, that's the future!
I think the server based applications will grow as well.

Back to the technical issues:
It's really a shame that the skeye pad has no USB. I once thought about assembling a USB host chip (e.g. ISP1160) into the pad. The problem will be the missing driver within wince. With linux as O.S. it should be possible to integrate this chip.

There's a successor of the skeye sl from the same manufacturer. It's called skeye pad xsl. This device offers USB host as well as a SD-card slot and has got the same form factor as the sl.
Unfortunately it also a B2B device and is very expensive .

There's another possibility to integrate Bluetooth inside the pad. I know there are some .dll dedicated to bluetooth (seems to be the stack) and there's an unused COM-port inside (at least on the pads without DECT or other stuff).
I did not test it, due to lack of time, but i'm sure it's possible.
When i check it i will write some documentation how this could be achieved. The registry will have to be hacked too!

There's so much to do !

Regards,

scholbert

Top of the page
CE Geek Page Icon Posted 2007-07-03 3:03 AM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Oracle

Hey, if you can help us figure out how to get a Bluetooth keyboard and/or mouse working with it, that'd be great.
 Top of the page
CAuser Page Icon Posted 2007-07-03 2:42 PM
#
H/PC Sensei

I believe mouse is easy as there is serial to PS/2 adapter for serial-capable mouse.
 Top of the page
scholbert Page Icon Posted 2007-07-03 3:23 PM
#
H/PC Newbie

Hi,

let me add something concerning bluetooth.

First i have to quote myself:
There's another possibility to integrate Bluetooth inside the pad. I know there are some .dll dedicated to bluetooth (seems to be the stack) and there's an unused COM-port inside (at least on the pads without DECT or other stuff).
I did not test it, due to lack of time, but i'm sure it's possible.

This is true if you have serial bluetooth module speaking HCI and a dedicated driver that connects the internal COM-Port to the MS bluetooth stack. It seems that this driver is missing.
After some more investigation, i must admit that a hack in the registry might be unsufficient. So it is not so easy as it seemed to be, because of the missing driver .

If a bluetooth CF-card is used, the following happens:
Almost every Bluetooth CF-card uses an internal UART, acting as a bridge between the SA1110 data bus and the bluetooth chipset of the card. The UART inside the card is recognized as a special COM-port and uses a card specific driver to connect to the bluetooth stack of the wince-device or uses its own implementation.

I believe mouse is easy as there is serial to PS/2 adapter for serial-capable mouse.

Same as above you will need a wince driver for serial mouse devices.

Perhaps we should open a new post to discuss these topics.

Regards,

scholbert
 Top of the page
doquitealittle
doquitealittle Page Icon Posted 2007-07-03 5:14 PM
#
A qiuck google netted this result for bluetooth
http://pdaden.com/Products/BluetoothCF.htm as well as many others. I'm guessing that those who don't upgrade to .NET 4.2 might have troubles though.
Bluetooth is as close as your pocketbook "Pun Intended for ebayers "

I'm not sure but I think the PS2 slot on the cradle is only a power outlet cleverly disguised as a ps2 port.....I would like to get a pinout of the bottom of the skeyepad itself. I know there is a serial connection there that can be commandeered.

As soon as I am done with this post I am heading for Scholberts site to check out his progress. I haven't been there in a while.
 Top of the page
scholbert Page Icon Posted 2007-07-03 7:07 PM
#
H/PC Newbie

We moved over here http://www.hpcfactor.com/forums/forums/thread-view.asp?tid=9504&posts=2&start=1 for the hardware related stuff.

@Cmonex:
Please keep us informed of your progress!

Best regards,

scholbert

Edited by scholbert 2007-07-03 7:11 PM
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2007-07-03 7:19 PM
#
H/PC Oracle

yes, the billionton bluetooth you linked to only works on ce3 and 4.2, but not on 4.1 (its widcomm stack seems to have problems on 4.1).

but it's ok, now anyone can upgrade to 4.2

other cards (non widcomm) do work on 4.1.

scholbert: sure

Edited by cmonex 2007-07-03 7:20 PM
 Top of the page
doquitealittle
doquitealittle Page Icon Posted 2007-07-03 10:13 PM
#
Everything seems to have a problem with 4.1
In my opinion 4.2 should have been a service pack to 4.1 but that's why microsoft is so hated. They take planned obsolescence to new pinnacles. That and their profits are twin peaks

I'm only one but I'm sure there are a lot of silent thank you's out there for your rom effort.

Thanks cmonex

Tony
 Top of the page
voneschenbach Page Icon Posted 2007-07-05 10:29 PM
#
Factorite (Senior)

I put the cart well before the horse - I neglected to consider the need to have the ability to sync to a PC and thought that I could do this via a CF upgrade method similar to the MP900...

So, I am stuck with 4.1 due to lack of PC and lack of cable...
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2007-07-06 1:16 AM
#
H/PC Oracle

no chance to get a cable? if you have the dock you can just get a null modem, no?

you can easily get access to a PC somewhere, i'm sure

doquitealittle: did you get my last email? you're right, 4.1 should have been a free update.. even if not free, let it be available to everyone. both NEC and skeye manufacturers failed at that. on the other hand, mullenger (simpad) does let you get it (quite pricey though).

Edited by cmonex 2007-07-06 1:18 AM
 Top of the page
scholbert Page Icon Posted 2007-07-18 6:30 AM
#
H/PC Newbie

Hi,

what is the actual state of the new image. Any testing required ?

Cheers,

scholbert

Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2007-07-18 7:34 PM
#
H/PC Oracle

nothing yet - need to finish 900c first

news: trying to make a tool that makes it easier, faster

(actually modifying an existing one)
 Top of the page
scholbert Page Icon Posted 2007-07-23 5:32 AM
#
H/PC Newbie

Hey cmonex,

thanks for the information. Good luck for your work!!!

Cheers,

scholbert
 Top of the page
« Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next »
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.281 - Cached queries : 49 - Executed queries : 29