x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

Fujitsu CT2020 Tablet Frozen

1 2
Brooklyn
Brooklyn Page Icon Posted 2007-04-05 4:10 AM
#
Ok, well it look like I can try to install .cab files for xscale processors. However not many program support xscale. Can you guy recommend a good note taking software for xscale?

Edited by Brooklyn 2007-04-05 5:00 AM
 Top of the page
CE Geek Page Icon Posted 2007-04-05 5:04 PM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Oracle

Most ARM apps will work with X-Scale processors AFAIK.
 Top of the page
Walker1 Page Icon Posted 2007-04-05 5:25 PM
#
Factor Fanatic

Yes I bought mine on Ebay. Mine is great aside from the afore mentioned hangup which may have been my own fault. It's been working out to be a pretty usefull tablet. The lack of stereo sound has bummed me out too, I tried both of my usb headsets a logitech, and a plantronics set. Neither worked with it. I assume its just a driver issue cause the unit asks for a drivers as soon as you plug it in, but I don't know if getting a driver is possible. I'm going to try to turn mine into a GPS unit so sound in not my primary concern.
 Top of the page
Brooklyn
Brooklyn Page Icon Posted 2007-04-05 6:22 PM
#
OK, have you gotten any applications to install at all? All of the arm apps I seem to try says they won't work on this device. I have only gotten 2 programs to actually install, but niether of them actually worked once they were installed. I have been just running .cab's from the device.

All I really want to do is be able to take free hand notes and save them. Is there any app that I can do this with?

Edited by Brooklyn 2007-04-05 6:30 PM
 Top of the page
Walker1 Page Icon Posted 2007-04-05 6:53 PM
#
Factor Fanatic

You can do that with the Word pad thats built in. Just start running transcriber after you open word pad. It works fairly well for me on this unit. Most of the apps that I have tried so for have not worked they just say this apps is not for your device please install apps that are device specific.
 Top of the page
CE Geek Page Icon Posted 2007-04-05 6:56 PM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Oracle

But sometimes those will still work if installed anyway using the CAB file.
 Top of the page
Walker1 Page Icon Posted 2007-04-05 7:05 PM
#
Factor Fanatic

Using the cab file is my only means of installing apps at this moment I dont have a cradle for this so no active sync, and yet most programs either refuse to install or do not work after they are installed. I'm very leary myself of altering to much at this point considering how weird it acted before. I think we should start a new thread on this device regarding apps. This computer has a ton of potential I think its just going to take some tweaking which I'm willing to do if someone with the proper knowlege is willing to guide me.
 Top of the page
CE Geek Page Icon Posted 2007-04-05 7:08 PM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Oracle

Starting a new thread sounds like a good idea. We just need to know what apps don't work and what error messages (if any) you're getting.
 Top of the page
Brooklyn
Brooklyn Page Icon Posted 2007-04-05 7:20 PM
#
 Top of the page
1 2
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.296 - Cached queries : 63 - Executed queries : 12