x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

Fujitsu CT2020 Tablet Frozen

1 2
Walker1 Page Icon Posted 2007-03-27 11:46 PM
#
Factor Fanatic

I just bought this Fujitsu CT2020 CE Tablet it runs CE v4.2 on a XScale 400mhz. I've had this unit less then one week and lastnight while using it, it shut itself down. Now I cant get it to respond to anything Any idea on how to reset this thing or is it toast??
 Top of the page
Ceya Page Icon Posted 2007-03-27 11:59 PM
#
H/PC Elite

Did you try a soft reset?

Did you take out main battery and insert it to see if it would power up?

Plug in AC Adapter also.

S/F,
CEYA!
 Top of the page
Walker1 Page Icon Posted 2007-03-28 12:08 AM
#
Factor Fanatic

Tried both hard and soft reset If I pull both batteries and then plug them back in I can get the Fujitsu loading screen where it has a progress bar that says "loading from MDOC" then the unit shuts off after the progress bar finishes. After this the unit will not respond to anything only by pulling the battery can i get it to start to boot again, and this just shuts down after the progress bar reaches 100%.
 Top of the page
daxiongmail
daxiongmail Page Icon Posted 2007-03-28 12:38 AM
#
I bought one last week.but hadnt received it yet .
Do you try some soft can run on ct2020?
How about your Ct2020 right now?
 Top of the page
Walker1 Page Icon Posted 2007-03-28 3:57 AM
#
Factor Fanatic

Nope didnt try any software The only thing I did with it was surf the net a few times over the wireless lan I did try to install flash for internet explorer but i couldnt quite get it to work. The unit is dead weight right now. It wont do anything besides start the posting screen then shutdown. I really hope I can get this fixed I was really starting to see the possibilities. It had a very nice display and seemed pretty responsive while it was working. I'm gonna call Fujitsu tomorrow and see if they can help Its already past the 72hrs to return it to the original purchase place So I'm SOL if Fujitsu won't help. Anyone have any experiance with their customer service?
 Top of the page
CE Geek Page Icon Posted 2007-03-28 4:15 AM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Oracle

Though I haven't had direct experience, I've heard that Fujitsu is very good in the customer support department.

Good luck in any event. I'd like to hear more about this device.
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2007-03-28 7:05 AM
#
H/PC Oracle

i guess it needs a reflash. but as it is nand and cenet 4.2 i'm not sure the existing tools would get you a rom dump from another device so lets hope fujitsu will help
 Top of the page
Ceya Page Icon Posted 2007-03-28 10:26 AM
#
H/PC Elite

I have been loking for the manual online but nothing. They do have very good customer service. Go to Fujitsu USA site. go to support and email them from there. They get back very quickly.

I am sending back my P5020 (maintenance) and one of the Pencentra 200 HPC model ( the flicking screen when it boots up, and still 4 sale).

S/F,
CEYA!
 Top of the page
Walker1 Page Icon Posted 2007-03-28 10:54 AM
#
Factor Fanatic

I did live chat support lastnight and the guy couldnt help so he gave me a number to the department that directly supports these. I'll give them a call in a bit and see what they say.
The manual is here:
Manual

Edited by Walker1 2007-03-28 10:56 AM
 Top of the page
Walker1 Page Icon Posted 2007-03-29 5:08 AM
#
Factor Fanatic

Well after a long call with fujitsu with no results I was told my case was being escalated to the next level and they would call me back in a few hours. Needless to say it was getting late in the afternoon and I never did get a call back from them. After not hearing back from them after the guy tells me "we will call you in 3 to 4 hours" just for heck of it I decide to mess around with it. I pull it completly apart and give the interal componets a quick glance over, just to see if anything is obviously broken loose connectors that type of thing. Everything appears to be in fine working order so I put it all back together and try it still nothing. Fastforward to 3am I'm bored I pick up the unit and plug in the AC power and boom green light its charging!!!! So I leave it alone and I wait for the light to go out indicating that it has a full charge. Well almost 2 hours later the lights out and I pick it up hit the power button and it starts booting..... waalaaa pen calibration screen!! It's working I cant believe it as oddly and unexpectly that it quit work, it started working!?!?! So First thing I do is get into the windows directory and run the self diagnostic utility It passes all test OK, It's like nothing ever happen, everything that I had put on it is gone and its like the unit was fresh out of the box. So now I'm gonna give it a few days and see if it decides to go out again or if it will be fine. If it turns out to be fine Ill be back here getting some suggestions on software for it from you guys. Thanks for all the responses, and I look forward to taking part in the forums!
 Top of the page
CE Geek Page Icon Posted 2007-03-29 1:40 PM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Oracle

We look forward to hearing more about this device.
 Top of the page
daxiongmail
daxiongmail Page Icon Posted 2007-03-30 11:33 PM
#
congreducation!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
 Top of the page
Brooklyn
Brooklyn Page Icon Posted 2007-04-05 2:36 AM
#
I bought one of these too! Did you get it on ebay? Anyway, its pretty nice. I have two major gripes: no stereo sound(only sound from right channel) and how the hell do you install new windows CE programs with buying a cradle? Any help would be appreciated. The lack of stereo sound is a real downer. I was hoping to be able to listen to music. Does anyone know if you can use USB headphones with windows CE?
 Top of the page
Brooklyn
Brooklyn Page Icon Posted 2007-04-05 2:37 AM
#
I meant *without buying a cradle.
 Top of the page
Brooklyn
Brooklyn Page Icon Posted 2007-04-05 2:50 AM
#
Also, in the appendix of the manual is has some painful looking way to install applications. There has got to be an easier way.
 Top of the page
1 2
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.265 - Cached queries : 67 - Executed queries : 12