x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

bSquare PHH GPRS settings

mmarks Page Icon Posted 2007-04-02 9:12 AM
#
Factorite (Senior)

I have just found my old PHH in a drawer and decided to get it out again and play with it!
I started setting it up but cannot get it to connect to GPRS with my SIM card.
It connects then authenticates the user/password (telling me they are correct) then immediately disconnects.
Any ideas?

I am trying to connect to Vodafone live using live.vodafone.com APN
vodafone username and internet password. The DNS etc are set to server assigned.

Mike
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2007-04-02 10:11 AM
#
H/PC Oracle

oh you had it in a drawer? i still use mine a lot!

are you sure the battery isn't too low?

btw, i dont need a password and my gprs is provided by vodafone too (but in hungary)

Edited by cmonex 2007-04-02 10:11 AM
 Top of the page
mmarks Page Icon Posted 2007-04-02 10:29 AM
#
Factorite (Senior)

Yep, found it in a drawer. The cradle is broken (probably why I stuffed it in the drawer) so I will have to try to sync using IR initially. I have a wireless card (c-guys) so will see if I can then use that.

One other thing, can the phone be used to the ear or is it either loudspeaker or headset (I can't remember)?

The GPRS set-up is different than I am now used to (seems more like a dial up connection dialog box), I switched to a nokia 9300i quite some time ago but having found the PHH realized that it still has a good spec.

Oh and another question! What is the best video playback software/conversion and how usable is it?

Mike
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2007-04-02 7:08 PM
#
H/PC Oracle

cguys should work

you can use it without a headset but it isnt that good quality without it.

gprs was always dialup.. but the setup does have a gprs version, did you use that?

as for the last question: tcpmp.. make sure you set the epson driver in the video driver settings.
 Top of the page
mmarks Page Icon Posted 2007-04-03 2:35 AM
#
Factorite (Senior)

Hi,

What do you mean by the setup has a GPRS version?

I played with it a bit more last night and have another question, when I insert my SIM and switch the phone on, it seems to work but in the taskbar (still using the Vodafone today screen), the phone icon has a letter R next to it, what does this mean?

Mike
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2007-04-03 8:24 AM
#
H/PC Oracle

R = roaming

if you set up a new internet connection in networking in control panel then you can select gprs instead of generic dialup.
 Top of the page
mmarks Page Icon Posted 2007-04-03 9:08 AM
#
Factorite (Senior)

Ah! That makes perfect sense. I am in Belgium with a Netherlands SIM card. Thought I had never seen it before, now I know why!

I still cannot get the GPRS to work. I used the standard Vodafone connect from a hard reset, that didn't work so I created a vodafone live one, that didn't work either.

Works 1st time on all my other gadgets (Nokia 9300i, SPV E200)

Mike
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2007-04-08 7:28 PM
#
H/PC Oracle

the default vodafone one has the APN as "internet" if the belgian vodafone apn is different then it needs to be changed..
 Top of the page
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.218 - Cached queries : 65 - Executed queries : 12