x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

ACROBAT READER FOR NEC MOBILE PRO 780

Black Cat
Black Cat Page Icon Posted 2005-03-26 8:35 AM
#
Hi!

Please tell me where can I find the Acrobat Reader for a Nec MobilePro 780. It is a Handheld PC that uses Windows CE.

Thanks
 Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2005-03-27 2:06 PM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

Moved to H/PC Pro Support
 Top of the page
Rich Hawley Page Icon Posted 2005-03-27 5:06 PM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Guru

You can't...you are limited to using Ansyr's Primer to read pdf files.

Rich
 Top of the page
woodnboats Page Icon Posted 2005-10-18 7:45 PM
#
Factorite (Junior)

Black Cat - 2005-03-26 6:35 AM

Hi!

Please tell me where can I find the Acrobat Reader for a Nec MobilePro 780. It is a Handheld PC that uses Windows CE.

Thanks

Ansyr was the only .pdf reader for WinCE Pro, but they sold out a month or so ago
to another company which only sells to OEM's.

But...try this URL for Primer 2.3:

http://www.digitalriver.com/dr/v2/ec_MAIN.Master

It is available from OfficeMax, and as of today (10-18-05), it worked. It's still expensive, and there is no support from Ansyr, of course.

With some trepidation, I downloaded it, was sent an activation key, and successfully installed it to an HP 660lx (SD Card in Cardbus adapter) and an NEC MP 780. Works great, and not even terribly slow on the NEC (the HP is of course somewhat slower).

But beware; I wouldn't bet on how long this source will be available, so make some copies of the zip file and the activation e-mail.

I'm going to try to find the user forums, which at one time constituted the customer support for Ansyr. They're probably gone but maybe they are archived somewhere.

Kirk
 Top of the page
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.171 - Cached queries : 60 - Executed queries : 12