x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

Acrobat Reader for Mips PPC 1.0 possible on HPC Pro?

1 2
iamjoe Page Icon Posted 2007-04-04 4:09 PM
#
Factorite (Elite)

I know there is a working hacked version of ce.net pdf viewer for hpc pro. but acrobat reader has better support for some pdf files with non-embedded asian fonts.

On my s2, acrobat reader 1.0 can open some asian pdf files and the speed is quite good. but the ce.net viewer just refuses to open them.

is there any chance that the acrobat reader can be hacked to run on hpc pro? i tried some tricks but in vain.

Any Ideas? Is it impossible or too difficult to ever try?

How about Cmonex, the master of hpc software hacking??
 Top of the page
CE Geek Page Icon Posted 2007-04-04 4:51 PM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Oracle

She's tried and come close, but the CE 2.11 coredll.dll appears to be incompatible. (It starts to open but then shows an illegal operation error message - I've tried myself and confirmed this result.) Maybe a hacked coredll can be created from a dumped ROM and renamed, and the coredll call from the app hexedited - cmonex's success with dumped CE 4 .net ROMs gives hope of this.
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2007-04-04 5:20 PM
#
H/PC Oracle

i dont know if it is coredll or aygshell that is wrong..

CE 3 coredll on its own wont help. but i already told you. i mean if it needs real functions from coredll on ce 2.11 then it is a no go. but who knows. anyway i can't recreate the dumped coredll yet, because so far no one is going to write the **** tool so far and i dont want to spend hours on 1 single dll.

Edited by cmonex 2007-04-04 5:21 PM
 Top of the page
CE Geek Page Icon Posted 2007-04-05 1:56 AM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Oracle

I was referring to a possible H/PC Pro ROM dump and a hacked CE 2.11 coredll, as I hinted at in another thread. I'm not suggesting that you do it - I was just suggesting that it may turn out to be possible. (Needless to say, though, you're the expert on this.)
 Top of the page
tadeulongo Page Icon Posted 2007-05-14 7:19 AM
#
H/PC Newbie

I own a Nec MobilePro 800 running HPC Pro and I faced the same problem trying to read PDF documents on it.

I found a PDF reader that works great on my machine, and it is free. You can download it from this link: http://izemize.fw.hu/hpc.php

Scroll down and look for "mips211pdf". The package contains a PDF and a DOC reader. Unfortunatelly there is no installer, so you must adjust some steps on HPC side by yourself, but they are pretty strait foward.

I hope it helps!
 Top of the page
CE Geek Page Icon Posted 2007-05-14 3:34 PM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Oracle

That's the one iamjoe mentioned at the top of this thread - he's tried it and is getting mixed results with it. He's looking for an alternative. (There is Primer, which is a good PDF reader, but it's rather pricey and hard to find.)

BTW, iamjoe, there is one member here (Derek.HPCManiac) who claims to have gotten Adobe 1.0 to work in H/PC Pro MIPS, but soon after he had to hard reset the device (an NEC 770) and he can't recall all the steps for certain. Again, I have a feeling this will be doable in the long run. I'm likely to do some more testing myself at some point. (I recall he may have used some hexedited CE 4 .net DLLs, so maybe ARM is more of a possibility. I think I'll check into this on my J820.)

Edited by CE Geek 2007-05-14 3:51 PM
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2007-05-14 4:18 PM
#
H/PC Oracle

just to tell you..a cenet coredll wont help here.

i know now why - the functions missing won't be replaced, because many of them are not self contained code in coredll, instead they use systemcalls into the kernel. so thats one reason why coredll is so closely related to the kernel (nk).

btw there are mips cenet dlls, platform builder supports mips just like it supports arm.

edit: i wonder why primer cant be considered as abandonware. i would gladly help people with it then.

Edited by cmonex 2007-05-14 4:19 PM
 Top of the page
CE Geek Page Icon Posted 2007-05-14 4:21 PM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Oracle

I remember that now - but the ARM DLLs are easier to locate (just go to your site ).
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2007-05-14 4:25 PM
#
H/PC Oracle

actually i host some mips cenet ones too in the mips package

Edited by cmonex 2007-05-14 4:25 PM
 Top of the page
CE Geek Page Icon Posted 2007-05-14 4:26 PM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Oracle

Well, then, time for me to go play on the information superhighway.
 Top of the page
iamjoe Page Icon Posted 2007-05-15 3:07 PM
#
Factorite (Elite)

tadeulongo, thanks for ur infoz. i had this tool and had tried it out.

Primer 2 (the older version) works very slow on my sharp aj2 with ce211, even for english pdfs. Primer3 on aj2 is not better, if not worse.

for me, aj2 is probably the fastest hpc pro machine. the hacked ce.net pdf reader works quite fast for some english documents. for heavy english users, it can surely be an everyday reading tools, if the pdfs are not too complex.

Edited by iamjoe 2007-05-15 3:12 PM
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2007-05-15 4:06 PM
#
H/PC Oracle

strangely primer 2.3 performed quite well when i trried it on sharp 4600 (ce 2.0). the sharp isnt the fastest ce 2.0 machine so it surprised me - maybe my expectations were just too low? but seriously i think it was very tolerable. still not acrobat of course :/
 Top of the page
CE Geek Page Icon Posted 2007-05-15 4:13 PM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Oracle

I looked at Derek.HPCManiac's post about his vague recollections of how he got Acrobat Reader working on his 770, and I'm not sure where to proceed. If another coredll won't solve the problem, then that leaves the other DLLs he mentioned (cellcore.dll, serial.dll, etc) - for which I see no calls in the executable nor in any of the DLLs that the app requires. (And isn't the serial.dll a renamed cellcore?) So I'm stumped as to what to try.

(BTW, Primer 2.3 works nicely on my HC-4500 as well. )
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2007-05-15 4:26 PM
#
H/PC Oracle

serial.dll is a dll on hpc2000, didnt check hpc pro.

more like cellcore calls were edited to serial.dll at the time when no dummy cellcore.dll was available.

adobe doesn't call cellcore anyway, so irrelevant here IMO

yes his post is very vague :/

edit: a coredll can solve it but not in the way you'd think. you just can't use a cenet coredll, coredll is full of systemcalls and the like.

heck, you can't even use the jornada 720's coredll on cenet (or even hpc2000 900 )
btw, i recreated it from the jornada 720 and tried it, added some dummy exports into it and it does help with some stuff, maybe i will post more on this later.
so, recreatign a ce 2.11 one could be useful, but can't be sure, the problem could be aygshell too. dunno what, and i don't exactly feel like debugging some mips ce 2.11 machine with evc's debugger.

Edited by cmonex 2007-05-15 4:31 PM
 Top of the page
CE Geek Page Icon Posted 2007-05-15 4:37 PM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Oracle

It has occurred to me that aygshell could still be an issue, since a wrong aygshell has produced the same error address in some other apps I've tried (which then worked with a different aygshell). The only ARM aygshells I haven't tried are the Skype ones in folders 10 and 11 - should I try them?

EDIT: What about getting coredll.dll from a ROM dump from an NEC 900 (H/PC 2000)?

Edited by CE Geek 2007-05-15 4:39 PM
 Top of the page
1 2
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.218 - Cached queries : 63 - Executed queries : 18