x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

900c to XP Pro SP2

fleong Page Icon Posted 2007-04-04 11:35 PM
#
H/PC Newbie

I just got a 900c and cannot seem to install the USB driver to an XP computer. Everytime I right click on install on WCEUSBSH file, I get an "error - installation failed" message.

What am I doing wrong?

Also what do I need to do to get an enterysys roamabout CSICD-AW-128 (802.11b) card working on it? The compatibility file on this site does not say it works, but I have read on other posts that it does.

Help.
Thanks
F. Leong
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2007-04-04 11:53 PM
#
H/PC Oracle

the installation instructions are wrong.. just plug the 900 in the usb and when the new hardware wizard comes up let it install the wceusbsh (by giving XP the folder name where the file is in)
 Top of the page
fleong Page Icon Posted 2007-04-05 6:12 PM
#
H/PC Newbie

Thanks much - turns out my home machine has something that prevents the USB driver from loading.
F. Leong
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2007-04-05 7:39 PM
#
H/PC Oracle

you mean firewall? enforced use of signed drivers?
 Top of the page
fleong Page Icon Posted 2007-04-05 10:43 PM
#
H/PC Newbie

Nothing so fancy. I suspect that it was because I had also recently installed the USB driver for an old Handspring Visor. That worked poorly, but enough that I was able to get addresses off Outlook into the Visor. I uninstalled that software and reset the USB ports using software from Handspring/Palm, reinstalled the 900c driver, and on the second try, it all worked. I installed active sync 3.8, and have installed other software that way.
Thanks again.
F. Leong
 Top of the page
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.203 - Cached queries : 62 - Executed queries : 9