x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

HugoB
HugoB Page Icon Posted 2005-03-27 7:15 PM
#
A year or so ago, I purchased a simple 30 dollar webcam and installed it on my 2000 OS. Recently, I got a new computer. Windows XP Professional, but I can't seem to install the webcam.

Every time I insert the disc, it freezes. There are files on the disc, but it takes a long time for them to load. And it doesn't begin installing.

Also, when the wizard searches for new hardware, it takes forever. I plugged the webcam into a USB port, and put the disc in, but it still won't install.

When I found the disc today, after looking for it for a while, it had a scratch on it. I'm guessing maybe this is why it won't work.

if the case is that it is a damaged disc, do i have to get a whole new webcam? I tried looking for device drivers a few months back but i was not successfull.

any help would be appreciated.
 Top of the page
Yoldering Page Icon Posted 2005-03-27 7:41 PM
#
H/PC Vanguard

Ok Just wanted to know if you knew this was a Handheld PC forum???
Anyway what type and model do you have? That is the only way I can help. Second have you checked for a virus? Is your computer slow on other tasks?

Edited by Yoldering 2005-03-27 7:45 PM
 Top of the page
Snappy! Page Icon Posted 2005-03-27 7:59 PM
#
H/PC Elder

ya, first let us know the webcame make and brand. More often than not, you can find it through google. Always consult the Google Oracle first! hehe
 Top of the page
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.164 - Cached queries : 60 - Executed queries : 8