x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

USB flash drive on 900C??

kratom Page Icon Posted 2007-04-08 8:34 PM
#
H/PC Newbie

Hi, I am trying to get a 1gb USB stick working on my 900C... but when I connect it to the the usb port, it just blinks a little then stops. No message or further access. Thought it'd be plug n' play but... I'm probably just missing some obvious driver or something stupid like that... Any help would be awesome and much appreciated!!
 Top of the page
CAuser Page Icon Posted 2007-04-10 9:56 PM
#
H/PC Sensei

Not every USB drive is plug-and-play on MP900C. I had problems with Lexar 256MB and Trolltech 1GB , but my SanDisk 1GB works fine.

Edited by CAuser 2007-04-10 9:57 PM
 Top of the page
theoak Page Icon Posted 2007-04-11 10:13 AM
#
H/PC Philosopher

I also have some that work (Corsair Voyager) and some that don't (Lexar Jumpdrive). The led on the ones that don't work will not even flicker. They will not work even with a powered hub.
 Top of the page
Rich Hawley Page Icon Posted 2007-04-11 11:22 AM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Guru

Try running the usbclik driver on the 900c and see if that resolves your problem. Look for it here, or on my site under the 900 information area.

Rich
 Top of the page
EDSchulte
EDSchulte Page Icon Posted 2007-04-11 1:26 PM
#
I presume you're just looking to copy stuff on or off the device.

If you end up looking for alternatives to a USB device, here's what I do...

I keep a 6-in-1 PCMCIA PC Card Adapter handy and loaded with an SD card. Works flawlessly! SD cards are becoming more common for copying stuff around, plus the 6-in-1 gives me a tool that'll accomodate a wide variety of formats.

Cheers!
 Top of the page
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.234 - Cached queries : 61 - Executed queries : 12