x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

Keyboard remapping (Dvorak) for 900c?

mnewhall Page Icon Posted 2007-04-10 12:51 PM
#
Factorite (Junior)

Sorry if this is question has an obvious answer, but: I have a friend considering buying a 900c, but he needs a Dvorak layout keyboard. Is this possible on the 900c and if there is more than one way, which is the best? Thanks!
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2007-04-10 5:45 PM
#
H/PC Oracle

i guess use a generic keyremapper ...and maybe relabel the keys? sorry dont know much about dvorak but i do know there are key remappers.
 Top of the page
mnewhall Page Icon Posted 2007-04-10 6:02 PM
#
Factorite (Junior)

For a lot of these keyboards the keys can be physically moved without breaking them. Does anyone know if this can be done with the 900c? In any case, if someone has a pointer to (or name of) one of these generic remappers that would be great. I'm sure I can find it on Google but it would be nice to hear from someone who has actually used one of these things and knows one that works well.
 Top of the page
NelsonTheUnholy Page Icon Posted 2007-04-10 6:22 PM
#
H/PC Newbie

i know I use a remapper to remap the arrow keys. if you have a butter knife you can just pop them off and back on with no problem.
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2007-04-10 7:33 PM
#
H/PC Oracle

oh yes i forgot to say that.. yes it can be done, on one of them the arrow keys are inverted now except the arrow remapper for it isn't perfect.

about generic remappers, depends what you wish, if you just want to change the key defniition and optionally with shift combinations too, even language extender lite will do, if you want to access alt etc combinations too, maybe okey (and it is free).
 Top of the page
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.156 - Cached queries : 61 - Executed queries : 13