x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

My wpc11 v3 wont install on my mp 900c?

1 2
macmee Page Icon Posted 2007-04-11 2:40 PM
#
H/PC Sensei

DonL0001 - 2007-04-11 8:05 AM

David,

<i>I just tried booting my mp with the card not inserted, no problems, its only when the card is using those drivers, but I haven't any other driver to test the card with.</i>

I'm not sure we're talking about the same card slot.

My hypothesis is that the problem occurs at the time when the (any) driver turns on the power LED on the wifi card in the PCMCIA slot on the right side of the unit. This will presumably happen if either the card is plugged in when the unit is not suspended, or when the Pwr key is pressed to leave suspension while the wifi card is already plugged in.

My experience is that the latter case, unsuspending with the Pwr key, frequently locks up the system requiring a soft reset to recover. However, this does not seem to occur if the CF memory slot in the front of the unit is empty.

Regards, Don

booting with or without a card in the cf slot seems to make no difference on my handheld, when the driver that freezes is installed, and I put my card in that uses that driver, the unit will freeze, but when I remove the card, right away the unit starts working again, and for a split second I can even see the wireless utility see a wireless network, but then it closes because the card has been removed.
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2007-04-11 3:49 PM
#
H/PC Oracle

macmee - 2007-04-11 11:58 AM

I'm afraid if I upgrade something may go wrong though..

(I'm looking for your email address now)

what something? you can downgrade to the older version if you mean you're afraid of losing it
 Top of the page
macmee Page Icon Posted 2007-04-11 3:55 PM
#
H/PC Sensei

cmonex - 2007-04-11 4:49 PM

macmee - 2007-04-11 11:58 AM

I'm afraid if I upgrade something may go wrong though..

(I'm looking for your email address now)

what something? you can downgrade to the older version if you mean you're afraid of losing it

Noooo! I would never downgrade to a ce 3!!!

If I were to change the version to another ce 4 that includes builtin support for my wpc11 v3, could I break something on my handheld during the change?
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2007-04-11 4:31 PM
#
H/PC Oracle

i meant downgrade to your current cenet version but OK i see what you meant originally. the only part where you have to watch out is when the bootloader is being updated. that takes 8 secs or so, and using AC is mandatory anyway along with a fully charged battery inserted already (the update.exe makes it mandatory), so there is no real risks.
 Top of the page
macmee Page Icon Posted 2007-04-11 7:14 PM
#
H/PC Sensei

Thanks, it went well.

Sadly, it did not fix the problem
 Top of the page
1 2
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.25 - Cached queries : 62 - Executed queries : 12