x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

Using an HPC Pro with hMailServer

hackjackal Page Icon Posted 2007-04-11 3:25 PM
#
H/PC Newbie

I have an e-mail server that runs hMailServer version 4.2.2-B199. This let me experiment with settings on the server side of things related to "Inbox". Here is what I needed to do in order to get the HPC Pro "Inbox" to be happy receving and sending POP3/SMTP with hMailServer. I use a small PC with Windows RAS for a dialin to my network. This provides a connection to the mail server and also lets me use the network's Internet access. You can find out about hMailServer here, if you like: http://www.hmailserver.com/

Server settings (All of these are in the "Spam Protection" settings section):
*DISABLE*: "Use SPF" (Sender Policy Framework)
*DISABLE*: "Check that sender has DNS-MX records"
*ENABLE*: "Allow empty sender addresses"
*ENABLE*: "Allow plain text authentication"

On the HPC Pro side, I had to remember to *not* put "< >" symbols around the "Return address:" field in the POP3 account setup, and to *do* put them around addresses in Inbox e-mail that I write.

Anyway, from toggling server side settings around and general tinkering, it *seems* like at least the version of Inbox in my PenCentra 130 [The Control Panel - System Properties - System tab says "Core System Version 2.11" and "Pocket Outlook(TM) Version 3.01" and also shows "Build 9018"] is happiest with the settings shown above.

-=hackjackal=-

Edited by hackjackal 2007-04-11 3:27 PM
 Top of the page
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.117 - Cached queries : 58 - Executed queries : 9