x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

Help made stupid mistake :(

Bensawsome Page Icon Posted 2007-04-12 10:01 PM
#
H/PC Philosopher

Ok. I installed a PPC program called Pocket Elma. I used EXE Check to get it working and it worked but I forgot to rotate the screen for PPC program use. SO I did a soft rest and when I tapped on the screen the whole screen went black and when I released it came back again. So I went to the back light part of the registry and modified and tested a few things. But because of my stupidity I didn't back it up. So when I press the power button the screen shows for a split second and then goes black and nothing will wake up the screen again. It came on for a minute or two a couple of minutes ago but when I tried to modify the Registry it went black so I couldn't complete. So now I am asking three things: could someone export that part of the registry so I the screen comes up again I could import it? Does anyone know any remedies without having the screen on (other than hard reset)? And if I had the cable to hook it up to an external VGA monitor would it work with that screen not working?

Thanks for any help I get.
Ben

Edited by Bensawsome 2007-04-12 10:01 PM
 Top of the page
NelsonTheUnholy Page Icon Posted 2007-04-12 10:58 PM
#
H/PC Newbie

I have run into this same problem with the tomtom. Are you using gapi by chance???? I think the program replaces the original gapi gx.dll The way to fix it is to just replace the gapi gx.dll file in the windows folder with to one you get in the gapi zip.
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2007-04-13 1:03 AM
#
H/PC Oracle

actually if the screen starts blanking like that on tapping, you just need to change the brightness using one of the two brightness keys on the keyboard. (possibly increase it? )

hope the gx idea helps, if not then please tell us exactly which part of the registry you would like. the part where the backlight dim timeout etc is? or something else? and i assume you'd want TRE registry format to import, no?

Edited by cmonex 2007-04-13 1:03 AM
 Top of the page
Bensawsome Page Icon Posted 2007-04-13 9:25 AM
#
H/PC Philosopher

I don't think it was the GAPI. Thanks for the brightness tip. the Registry part I actually use the last Resco Explorer made for the HPC with the registry plugin. The reason I use Resco is the I could never find TRE for ARM. So if someone could provide a link to TRE for ARM I would gladly take the TRE format. And yes the part where the backlight dim timeout etc is.But I want the whole folder with all the backlight settings.

Thanks for all the tips so far.
Ben
 Top of the page
itsme
itsme Page Icon Posted 2007-04-13 10:38 AM
#
TRE for arm is in the editors folder at 720.b0x.com
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2007-04-13 11:20 AM
#
H/PC Oracle

TRE is on my site exactly for this reason, because it cant be found elsewhere (except as i can see now, on wicked's site too). http://izemize.fw.hu/hpc.php

i wonder why no one ever bothers to scroll down to see what's hosted on teh site other than the dlls..

itsme = wicknix?

Edited by cmonex 2007-04-13 11:20 AM
 Top of the page
Bensawsome Page Icon Posted 2007-04-13 1:38 PM
#
H/PC Philosopher

This folder in reg: HKCU>Controle panel>Appearance>Backlight. Like I said I would like the whole Backlight folder.
Thanks
 Top of the page
CE Geek Page Icon Posted 2007-04-13 3:42 PM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Oracle

cmonex - 2007-04-13 8:20 AM
i wonder why no one ever bothers to scroll down to see what's hosted on teh site other than the dlls..

One of us does.
 Top of the page
Bensawsome Page Icon Posted 2007-04-16 6:09 PM
#
H/PC Philosopher

I got it working! Not with the VGA cable but I used the backlight properties. (I am smart! )
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2007-04-16 7:19 PM
#
H/PC Oracle

how?
 Top of the page
Bensawsome Page Icon Posted 2007-04-16 8:50 PM
#
H/PC Philosopher

I borrowed my friend's MP900c and you know the display properties for the desktop? I used the keyboard to change the back light properties. (Like I said. I am smart! )
 Top of the page
CE Geek Page Icon Posted 2007-04-17 3:03 AM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Oracle

Sure helps to have a friend with the same H/PC. (I'm the only one I know who has any H/PCs at all.)
 Top of the page
Bensawsome Page Icon Posted 2007-04-17 1:28 PM
#
H/PC Philosopher

Yep it definitely does. He saw mine one day and said "Hey where do you get one of those?" and I said Usedhandhelds.com. And he bought one And I helped him "Pimp" it.

Edited by Bensawsome 2007-04-17 1:29 PM
 Top of the page
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.230 - Cached queries : 68 - Executed queries : 13