x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

HPC Inbox: where is the mail stored?

gjcoram Page Icon Posted 2007-04-16 2:21 PM
#
H/PC Philosopher

I used to use the "Inbox" application on my Jornada 820, until my ISP started requiring SMTP-auth (at which point I switched to nPOP). I think the actual app is something like Pocket Outlook (Express?).

I'd like to get the outgoing/sent messages from that app (and ultimately import them into nPOPuk -- incoming mail I've already converted because I had been downloading them with Eudora on my desktop). But I can't seem to find the file that those messages are stored in. Can anyone help?

Thanks.

(BTW: version 2.06 of nPOPuk will support MBOX format; you can tell it to write mailboxes in MBOX rather than nPOP format, and there's also a feature to import an MBOX file as a new savebox.)
 Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2007-04-16 6:56 PM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

They are stored in a system database rather than as a file store. If you need to get the mail out sync it down to a PC and pull them out of schedule plus/outlook/outlook express/lotus notes.
 Top of the page
gjcoram Page Icon Posted 2007-04-17 7:08 AM
#
H/PC Philosopher

C:Amie - 2007-04-16 6:56 PM

pull them out of schedule plus/outlook/outlook express/lotus notes.

But ... what if I don't use any of those apps??

There is an API to access Pocket Contacts ... is there also one to access the messages?

Thanks.

Edited by gjcoram 2007-04-17 7:10 AM
 Top of the page
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.164 - Cached queries : 52 - Executed queries : 17