x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

In Desperate need of a PDF Reader for a Jornada 720

[Frozen]
Frozen
Angel
Angel Page Icon Posted 2007-04-17 8:22 AM
#
Hi Everyone

I have only recently obtained my first handheld, Jornada 720. I love it. Originally I wanted a Mobilepro 900 but they are few and far between here in England, but I am overjoyed with my little HP friend.

I am trying hard and quick to get as much info as possible so I can get the most out of my handheld, before going on holiday to Turkey in a few weeks.

Here is were I need some help. I teach English as a Foreign language and more than half of my documents are in PDF. I am struggling to find compatible software so I can view my docs on my Jornada. I have tried to download Adobe 1.0, from this site. When I got it on my PC, running XP, it was Adobe 4.0. I have emailed the site and queried the mix-up but have not yet had a reply.

I get confused as to what software is actually compatible with the Jornada 720.

Can anyone lead me in the right direction for a free download of a PDF Reader for my Jornada 720.

Thanks for any help.
Angel
 Top of the page
frisser Page Icon Posted 2007-04-17 8:40 AM
#
Factorite (Elite)

I also recently obtaind a Jornada 720 and I know it's hard to find the right software.

There are several PDF readers out there you can use. On this site is a download section where you can download Acrobat reader 1 & 2. Both work fine but I understand you have some difficulty using them?
The version number is not the same as the PC version. Version 2 is the latest PDF viewer for mobile devices.

There is also a program called Primer PDF Viewer 3.1 - not that fast in displaying pages - but the quality is very good. But it's a bit difficult to find!

I'm not really an HPC expert - but these programs work for me

Edited by frisser 2007-04-17 8:52 AM
 Top of the page
Angel
Angel Page Icon Posted 2007-04-17 8:59 AM
#
Thanks Frisser

I am trying again to download it from HPCFactor. I have now got it into my Winzip. Could you or anyone clarify what I do next? Maybe I have made a mistake previously and that's why it wouldn't work.

Angel
 Top of the page
frisser Page Icon Posted 2007-04-17 9:23 AM
#
Factorite (Elite)

- Unzip it to your Storage Card.
- Open Windows Explorer and navigate to 'Storage Card/Adobe/Acrobat 2.0/Reader/AcroRd32.exe'
- With 'File -> Send To ->Desktop as Shortcut' you make a shortcut on your desktop

Not bad for someone who is just using it's HPC for a week! Right?

Edited by frisser 2007-04-17 9:26 AM
 Top of the page
Hurricane John Page Icon Posted 2007-04-17 12:38 PM
#
H/PC Sensei

frisser - 2007-04-17 9:23 AM

- Open Windows Explorer and navigate to 'Storage Card/Adobe/Acrobat 2.0/Reader/AcroRd32.exe'
- With 'File -> Send To ->Desktop as Shortcut' you make a shortcut on your desktop

I'm impressed !!
 Top of the page
CE Geek Page Icon Posted 2007-04-17 12:45 PM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Oracle

One caveat: when you try to open the "Acrobat 2.0" folder, it will ask you what program you want to open it with. (Windows CE doesn't recognize the difference between a decimal point and the dot before a file extension in a file/folder name, so it thinks ".0" is a file extension for a special application.) Workaround: rename the folder to just "Acrobat" or "Acrobat 2" before tapping on it to open it.
 Top of the page
Angel
Angel Page Icon Posted 2007-04-17 1:02 PM
#

Finally, I'v done it. Thanks Frisser, and John the word "Save" from you was a great help as all this time I had been opening it in Winzip and just didn't know what to do with all the files.

Thanks, you guys came to the rescue!
Angel
 Top of the page
waschbär Page Icon Posted 2009-01-13 4:21 AM
#
H/PC Newbie

frisser - 2007-04-17 9:23 AM

I don´t have the .exe file. Can you please send me the hole file.
 Top of the page
Half-Saint Page Icon Posted 2009-01-13 10:20 AM
#
H/PC Philosopher

Download it from the Downloads section of HPC:Factor..
 Top of the page
CE Geek Page Icon Posted 2009-01-13 2:24 PM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Oracle

Thread frozen

We ask that users not reopen old threads like this one - it's specifically stated in the Forum Rules. It's also quite unnecessary in this case, waschbär, since the location of the download was given on this same page. Please take the time to browse the site to see all its resources. Thank you.
 Top of the page
Frozen
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.171 - Cached queries : 63 - Executed queries : 13