x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

900c Sync problem

RJ99 Page Icon Posted 2007-04-18 3:39 AM
#
Factorite (Elite)

I installed Activesync 3.8 and set up a partnership ... and added 'Files' to the information types to be synchronised ... a 'NECMobilePro900 My Documents' directory was created on the PC. I copied into this the 80 files which I wanted to sync. This duly happened ... the 80 files were on the MP 900c and all types were shown as synchronised (Calender/ Contacts/ Tasks/ Files).

So far so perfect.

But when I exited Activesync (de-ticked Allow USB connection), prior to closing down the PC for the night, all the files were deleted from the ''NECMobilePro900 My Documents' directory!

What puzzles me more is that when I reboot and re-synchronise, it still shows 'synchronised' for 'Files' - BUT the directory on the PC remains empty while the 80 files are still there on the Mobilepro.

I tried this several times ... and reinstalled AS 3.8

Grateful for any explanation or suggestions!
 Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2007-04-18 6:41 AM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

Go into options, highlight files and then click settings. Are there any entries in the listing?
 Top of the page
RJ99 Page Icon Posted 2007-04-18 8:02 AM
#
Factorite (Elite)

Right now the file list is empty.

But (as implied in my posting), I can successfully copy the 80 files which are on the MP (My Documents) across to the PC directory (NEC MobilePro900 My Documents). And they then duly appear in Options/Files/Settings/Synchronised files.

Indeed all looks well till I either de-tick Connection Settings/Allow USB connections or switch off then on the MP. When I do this, the 80 files in the PC directory begin disappearing one by one till the directory is empty. And (yet) even more bizarrely Activesync still shows 'Files Synchronised'!!!!!!

Top of the page
RJ99 Page Icon Posted 2007-04-19 5:24 AM
#
Factorite (Elite)

Another curious aspect of this problem.

If I open one of the files on the handheld and save it ... this file does NOT disappear when I 'disconnect' via Activesync.

So right now I'm working my way through the 80 files (Open/Save/Close). Not a very elegant solution - but it works!

Mentioning, just in case this gives someone an insight into the likely cause.
 Top of the page
frisser Page Icon Posted 2007-04-19 5:51 AM
#
Factorite (Elite)

I noticed that if you put files in your Synchronize directory on your PC it then syncs nicely with your handheld. Then when you move these files from your handheld to a different location then the files on your PC will be removed..... is this the problem?
 Top of the page
RJ99 Page Icon Posted 2007-04-19 8:33 AM
#
Factorite (Elite)

Well, I'm certainly not moving them cosciously! One minute they are there - the 80 files, in both the PC's directory and the MP directory. Then, as soon as I disconnect in Activesync, the files disappear! yet when I reconnect, it synchronises as saiys 'Synchronised' - even though the PC directory is now empty.
 Top of the page
theoak Page Icon Posted 2007-04-19 8:59 AM
#
H/PC Philosopher

On my 900c, the files that were in the PC's sync file (before syncing) appear in the Recycle Bin on the PC (after syncing).
 Top of the page
RJ99 Page Icon Posted 2007-04-19 10:15 AM
#
Factorite (Elite)

theoak.

Yr so right. Are you having the same problem (files auto-disappearing off the PC directory)?
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2007-04-19 10:43 AM
#
H/PC Oracle

why do you use AS to transfer files ??
 Top of the page
RJ99 Page Icon Posted 2007-04-19 11:10 AM
#
Factorite (Elite)

One useful role of my HPC (till recently a 6651) was I'd leave it propped up alongside my PC screen, so incoming emails could show up on & could be dealt with on, the HPC. Also there are a few Office files which I use continuously, whether 'at base' or on the road - so it made sense to just updated them on the HPC rather than the PC.

Another use of the HPC ... I often save interesting 'must read sometime' articles into the sync directory, they get automatically sync'd for reading when I'm on the road.

For the above reasons it's been straightforward & convenient to keep the HPC continually sync'd while I'm at my home/office base. It also gave me a reassurance, all my HPC files being continuously 'backed up'.

Recently acquired the 900c & was intending to use it the same way(s). As you'll see none of the above are 'mission critical' - and like you I've quite an army of HPC's - seriously considering bringing back the 6651 & using the 900c in a quite different role.

But the 'disappearing files' syndrome is jolly peculiar and I'm interested to know whether anyone else had had this or is it a bug (or settings problem? Dammed if I can see it if it is) on my particular unit!
 Top of the page
airhook Page Icon Posted 2007-04-19 6:19 PM
#
Factorite (Elite)

In ActivSync go to tools, then options, then rules. Confirm whether your PC or your HPC is in charge.( In Conflict Resolution.) Maybe check the "Leave item unresolved" box
Best of luck,
Airhook
 Top of the page
RJ99 Page Icon Posted 2007-04-20 3:48 AM
#
Factorite (Elite)

airhook. Thanks; I checked & this is already the setting. Indeed all the settings seem to be the same as on my earlier HPC's which have been synching away for yrs with no problems.
 Top of the page
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.328 - Cached queries : 66 - Executed queries : 15