x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

uBook reader on 680e

Snappy! Page Icon Posted 2005-03-29 9:18 AM
#
H/PC Elder

Hi all,

Has anyone had the chance to run uBook on a 680e? Is it slow or good enough? Thx!
 Top of the page
bruisedquasar Page Icon Posted 2005-03-29 11:55 AM
#
H/PC Philosopher

Snappy! - 2005-03-29 9:18 AM

Has anyone had the chance to run uBook on a 680e? Is it slow or good enough?

I installed the uBook (Handheld version from [gowerpoint.com] a few days ago-- the Cab version. I installed it onto my CF card (like I do with my Casio PDA) and run it from CF. Works great!

--Bruised
 Top of the page
Snappy! Page Icon Posted 2005-03-29 2:26 PM
#
H/PC Elder

oh goodie ... I just gotten the 680e from the justdeal guys ... I think if it works out, it will replace my 790. I think I'm kinda resigned to using a notebook for webbrowsing and checking emails.

The 680e prob can do email fairly well with wifi.

Top of the page
bruisedquasar Page Icon Posted 2005-03-29 4:02 PM
#
H/PC Philosopher

Snappy! - 2005-03-29 2:26 PM

... I just got the 680e from justdeal ... I think I'm kinda resigned to using a notebook for webbrowsing and checking emails.

On close inspection, does the justdeal 680e look new? Was the button battery working or the main battery partially charged or completely uncharged?

I would not consider using a real handheld or a PDA for Web surfing. If I were still on the road, I would have an NEC mobilePro 900 mini-notebook. (I do not consider NEC MobilePros true Handheld mobile devices, especially the 800s - 900, They are too big).

--Bruised
 Top of the page
Snappy! Page Icon Posted 2005-03-29 10:37 PM
#
H/PC Elder

bruisedquasar - 2005-03-29 2:02 PM

Snappy! - 2005-03-29 2:26 PM

... I just got the 680e from justdeal ... I think I'm kinda resigned to using a notebook for webbrowsing and checking emails.

On close inspection, does the justdeal 680e look new? Was the button battery working or the main battery partially charged or completely uncharged?

I would not consider using a real handheld or a PDA for Web surfing. If I were still on the road, I would have an NEC mobilePro 900 mini-notebook. (I do not consider NEC MobilePros true Handheld mobile devices, especially the 800s - 900, They are too big).

--Bruised

Ooops ... What I meant was I had it ordered today. It should arrive this Friday. Or maybe Monday. Or Tuesday? Or ...
 Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2005-03-30 6:55 AM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

Group hug for Snappy!

Anyone wondering what µBook is... "µBook is a simple and lean, yet powerful ebook reader for Windows and Pocket PCs that can read HTML, TXT, RTF, PDB and PRC (not secure) ebook files. It can read directly from inside ZIP files, and supports BMP, GIF, PNG and JPG images. It offers many customization options including: Portrait and Landscape display, Choice of font type, color and size, etc.... It Also has a resizable/skinnable User Interface. µBook is improving on a regular basis."

License costs $12 USD (£6.30, €9 EUD, ¥1260 JPY est.)
http://www.gowerpoint.com/
 Top of the page
bruisedquasar Page Icon Posted 2005-04-01 3:56 PM
#
H/PC Philosopher

Snappy! - 2005-03-29 10:37 PM

--Bruised

What I meant was I had it ordered today.

Several people here would appreciate a report on the Justdeals 680e. If it turns out to be an original 680e with the cradle, I may just order one. Lensman saw one and reported that the Card Slot black box on the bottom is solid. The Dutch Railway models are loose & we did not get the cradle. (sniff)

--Have you seen an ebook version of George Orwell, "1984". I already checked Project Gutenburg.

--Bruised
 Top of the page
Dexxta
Dexxta Page Icon Posted 2005-08-10 8:24 PM
#
I just put the latest version of uBook on my 820. and 820 minutes later its still counting pages. Its way too slow to be useful on this platform. If I see Pagenating one more time Im going to explode!

hehehe, its time to write something I think. Simple and easy too.
 Top of the page
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.179 - Cached queries : 63 - Executed queries : 10