x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

pocket office on cenet - working!

« Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 Next »
nickel3 Page Icon Posted 2007-04-29 3:32 PM
#
Factorite (Junior)

Hi cmonex,

for word there is aa error message in pword.exe besides pword there are o lot of japanese symbols. I do not know what it means. And they are hard to remember. But it was the same after the virgin install situation. Means hard reset, all NTT updates, and the German MUI. Same in powerpoint, ppviewer.exe as well as pxl.exe in excel.

Shall I made a screen photo?. I am operating with the Geman MUI.

regards
nickel3
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2007-04-29 4:35 PM
#
H/PC Oracle

thanks for the info! no, no need for screenshot. i'll send the 4.1 version - powerpoint and access, .rtf and .txt files should work with that, as for the rest i'll be debugging the sig3 issues with Geared2003 soon.
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2007-04-30 12:02 AM
#
H/PC Oracle

more testing ...

all work fine on wibook (with the usual notes on powerpoint). running cenet 4.2.
powerpoint doesn't function on dotel dot 340 core cenet 4.2. excel does fine. so that's a problem with smartbook only so far.

any one else had similar or different experiences on any 4.2 or 4.1 device?

Geared2003 made better cabs, they will be released soon (after reediting them to sort out coredll problems - at least this makes me not so lazy and i will edit the files so they won't need coredl2.dll). changes: the word in it is more compatible with core 4.2 devices (PNA's mainly), adding registry entries and associating it with doc files. you can install access+ppt separately. localizing and icon tweaks. compatibility for the other apps is still the same.

Edited by cmonex 2007-04-30 12:19 AM
 Top of the page
Neochris Page Icon Posted 2007-04-30 12:14 PM
#
Factorite (Junior)

I have downloaded the zip file and installed it on my Nexio S155 (CE4.1).the installment seemed all right, but it can't work and show me an error message.
i checked it with executabilitycheck and got a message showed that "Office.dll can't be loaded and requires a newer Version OS.

PPviewer showed uicom.dll doesn't export a function ordinary.

Pocket Access seemed OK but turned out to give a message saying that Unable to load error message from resource
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2007-04-30 1:23 PM
#
H/PC Oracle

as said the cab is for cenet 4.2.

try this: http://hpcmonex.net/izemize/cenet41parts.zip

is pocketaccess installed into \windows?
 Top of the page
voneschenbach Page Icon Posted 2007-04-30 1:43 PM
#
Factorite (Senior)

Hi All,

I did a test install on my quirky MP900 (I am in the process of getting it replaced, but am still able to use it for testing purposes).

I have the Cmonex ROM. I got the office suite installed onto my CF card, and tested the applications. PowerPoint, Word and Excel work, but Access (Unable to load error message from resource) didn't work.

Word and Wordpad seem identical in functionality - what are the differences?

The spreadsheet also seems similar in functionality to Spread Sheet, so I was not sure what the advantage of using Excel over Spread Sheet is.

At any rate, thanks again to Cmonex for working on getting these working.

John

Top of the page
nickel3 Page Icon Posted 2007-04-30 2:44 PM
#
Factorite (Junior)

Hi cmonex,

installed the new office.dll and pxl.dll as well as the ppviewer.exe after installation of your office on my sig3. Works as good as the installation on my MP900c. Paccess.exe is installed in the windows directory.

regards

nickel3
 Top of the page
nickel3 Page Icon Posted 2007-04-30 3:05 PM
#
Factorite (Junior)

Hi cmonex,

tried it also on my T-Sinuspad with WinCE 4.1. Installation successful. Excel works, Powerpoint and Access too. You can click on pocket word, the menu dissapears, like the other programms but nothing else happened. Will have a look whether it is the same on my Simpad SL4.

regards
nickel3
 Top of the page
nickel3 Page Icon Posted 2007-04-30 3:16 PM
#
Factorite (Junior)

Hi cmonex,

Tried to install pocket office on my Simpad SL4 also operating with winCE 4.1. Everything works fine with the 4.1 dll's. Possible reason for failing pocket word on the T-Sinuspad may be the low amount of Ram. 32 MB compared to 64 MB at the SL4.

regards
nickel3
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2007-04-30 7:36 PM
#
H/PC Oracle

powerpoint fix: a registry entry was missing for full screen:

import attached reg file with TRE.

nickel3: hm, that is interesting, you say .DOC and excel files work fine on 4.1?

my simpad has 4.2 and i don't feel like reflashing so can't try it myself.

could you copy your ceconfig.h out of \windows dir and email it to me? thanks lots.

oh and pocketword on the tsinuspad: its problem is missing registry entries. (the device has no wordpad registry entries at all by default)
nothing to do with amount of RAM.

i'll send you another email with the needed entries.

Edited by cmonex 2007-04-30 7:37 PM

Attachments
----------------
Attachments ppt2exports.reg (0KB - 25 downloads)
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2007-04-30 7:39 PM
#
H/PC Oracle

voneschenbach - 2007-04-30 7:43 PM

Hi All,

I did a test install on my quirky MP900 (I am in the process of getting it replaced, but am still able to use it for testing purposes).

I have the Cmonex ROM. I got the office suite installed onto my CF card, and tested the applications. PowerPoint, Word and Excel work, but Access (Unable to load error message from resource) didn't work.

Word and Wordpad seem identical in functionality - what are the differences?

The spreadsheet also seems similar in functionality to Spread Sheet, so I was not sure what the advantage of using Excel over Spread Sheet is.

At any rate, thanks again to Cmonex for working on getting these working.

John

access needs to be in \windows. adoce files and pacres.dll and paccess.exe.

word can do spellcheck and word count and stuff like that. compatibility is similar, yes.

i think pocketexcel is lots better than the crap bsquare spreadsheet, it can open XLS, and can zoom, etc etc.
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2007-04-30 7:40 PM
#
H/PC Oracle

improved cabs (icons, whatnot) available soon
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2007-04-30 7:42 PM
#
H/PC Oracle

nickel3 - 2007-04-30 8:44 PM

Hi cmonex,

installed the new office.dll and pxl.dll as well as the ppviewer.exe after installation of your office on my sig3. Works as good as the installation on my MP900c. Paccess.exe is installed in the windows directory.

regards

nickel3

i only notice this now! so you say excel open/save files function works on the sig3???? and .DOC open/save too in pocketword?

could you send me an import of some registry entries, i'll send you an email.

Edited by cmonex 2007-04-30 7:43 PM
 Top of the page
nickel3 Page Icon Posted 2007-05-01 2:52 AM
#
Factorite (Junior)

Hi cmonex,

Pocketword can open and save pocketword files. Transfer of Office 2003 word files via active sync is also possible. files an be opened and saved. Pocket Excel can open a worksheet, you can generate a specific worksheet with string data, numbers and functions (have tested the SUM function) giving the same result like Excel from Office 2003. However you cannot save the worksheet. Have imported an excel file from Office 2003 via active sync from my PC. It cannot be opened. Error on opening the pxl file.

No difference between sig3 and SL4. Both running winCE4.1.

regards
nickel3

Edited by nickel3 2007-05-01 2:53 AM
 Top of the page
Geared2003 Page Icon Posted 2007-05-01 9:22 AM
#
H/PC Elite

Same results with a Sigmarion3...
 Top of the page
« Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 Next »
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.281 - Cached queries : 69 - Executed queries : 13