x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

Xircom CreditCard adapter

surrealmonk Page Icon Posted 2005-03-29 6:52 PM
#
Factor Fanatic

Well, this is what I get for not doing my research completely (something I am not often guilty of). I got a Xircom CreditCard ethernet adapter on eBay (pretty cheap, so not much of a loss) a while back, and then realized it won't work on my 900C (CE .NET) with the CE 2.0 drivers. And it won't work with the generic NE2000 driver either. Just wondering if anyone here has managed to get this device working on any HPC over CE 2.0/2.11, and if so, how...
 Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2005-03-29 7:16 PM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

I'm guessing that you got a CE3B?
 Top of the page
surrealmonk Page Icon Posted 2005-03-29 7:29 PM
#
Factor Fanatic

Yup, Guilty...
 Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2005-03-29 7:33 PM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

The 2.11 driver in the CE3B installer is actually taken from the CE 2.10 platform builder.
I would imagine that a generic exists for it somewhere in the world, however it doesn't use the NE2000 chipset.
Have you tried the driver from the 2.11 arm install? (Stand alone .dll attached)

nighty night

Attachments
----------------
Attachments CE3CE.dll (32KB - 23 downloads)
 Top of the page
surrealmonk Page Icon Posted 2005-03-31 1:05 AM
#
Factor Fanatic

Yeah, that's the same driver I tried before (downloaded it again just to be sure.) When I insert the card, the device doesn't recognize it, so I manually enter the DLL. Doesn't work. Also, when I do a "regsvrce ce3ce.dll", the prompt just hangs on the next line and doesn't do anything. Ah well, such is life... If anyone else has any suggestions, let me know.
 Top of the page
sophisticatedleaf Page Icon Posted 2005-03-31 1:52 AM
#
Avatar image of sophisticatedleaf
H/PC Elder

Buy the 19mw socket card on ebay for $10.
 Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2005-03-31 6:32 AM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

I'm afraid that short of asking someone with Platform Builder 4.2 to see if there is a driver in the catalogue, there isn't anything you / we can do here - short of sending me the 900C for a long shot, but I don't think you want to do that
 Top of the page
surrealmonk Page Icon Posted 2005-03-31 6:46 PM
#
Factor Fanatic

lol... yeah, I can always get another NIC that would definitely work, I'm not so concerned about that as I have other ways of getting internet access... It's more of me just trying to figure it out, one of those challenges I'd just like to figure out. I'm a glutton for punishment, I guess...
 Top of the page
Rich Hawley Page Icon Posted 2005-04-01 6:43 AM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Guru

I wonder if it is possible to use another Xircom driver to make the card work? I have the Xircom CWE1120 wifi card and it works great with my 900C.

Rich
 Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2005-04-01 7:03 AM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

The CE3B is a Wired NIC, not wireless.
There are one or two other Xircom (Intel) adapters in the HCL with drivers, not for CE4 though.
You could give Rich's idea a try with them. Or try and find out the chipset of the NIC.. if it isn't a Xircom specific one.
 Top of the page
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.187 - Cached queries : 67 - Executed queries : 10