x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

MoeMagnum
MoeMagnum Page Icon Posted 2005-03-29 9:02 PM
#
I have a Jornada 680E, which I downloaded the 65K color patch for. If I download a background from this site, I can display it without problems on the Jornada, but, if I try to put one of MY pictures on it, it will only ask if I want to download it to the Jornada, it will not open it. I need to convert it to 256 colors before it will open on the Jornada. Why? How do I fix this to display my pictures in something better than 256 colors?
Thank you

PS, this site is the best! It, and Chris answer everything I need to know.
 Top of the page
sophisticatedleaf Page Icon Posted 2005-03-30 1:09 AM
#
Avatar image of sophisticatedleaf
H/PC Elder

MoeMagnum - 2005-03-29 6:02 PM

I have a Jornada 680E, which I downloaded the 65K color patch for. If I download a background from this site, I can display it without problems on the Jornada, but, if I try to put one of MY pictures on it, it will only ask if I want to download it to the Jornada, it will not open it. I need to convert it to 256 colors before it will open on the Jornada. Why? How do I fix this to display my pictures in something better than 256 colors?
Thank you

This isn't my site...hahaha sorry but PS instead of p.s. confuses me now as many people address me that way. Anyways - the pictures on this site are bmp - not jpeg, that is most likely your problem. There are already threads on the driver update which you can find out about in the Support an Downloads sections.
 Top of the page
Uncle Ben Page Icon Posted 2005-03-30 6:47 PM
#
H/PC Philosopher

MoeMagnum - 2005-03-29 9:02 PM

Thank you

What software are you using to view your pictures?
 Top of the page
MoeMagnum
MoeMagnum Page Icon Posted 2005-03-30 7:46 PM
#
Sorry about the confusion PS

1)The pictures are in BMP, haven't even tried JPG yet.

2)Haven't used any software, they open in IE, is that why?
Even trying to use them as backgrounds though does not work.

Thanks again,
Moe

Top of the page
sophisticatedleaf Page Icon Posted 2005-03-30 8:34 PM
#
Avatar image of sophisticatedleaf
H/PC Elder

Is Microsoft Image Viewer available for HPC Pro? Because that is really the only way that I can open images in HPC 2000...other than using PIE.
 Top of the page
Uncle Ben Page Icon Posted 2005-03-31 5:29 AM
#
H/PC Philosopher

MoeMagnum - 2005-03-30 7:46 PM

Sorry about the confusion PS

1)The pictures are in BMP, haven't even tried JPG yet.

2)Haven't used any software, they open in IE, is that why?
Even trying to use them as backgrounds though does not work.

Thanks again,
Moe

Well, I see two things here. For one, if you're going to use your 680 to do a lot of picture viewing, I think you should invest in a photo viewer application. The other thing I wanted to mention is the BMP format that you use. That format, albeit cumbersome, maybe fine to permanently store orginal pics. However, if you do a lot of editing before you transfer the files to your 680e, once you're through with the editing the pics should be saved in JPG format which will cut down the size of your pics to a fraction of the BMP. As far as viewers are concerned, there's quite a few of them available out there. If you just want something basic, you may want to take a look at Tascal:
http://www2r.biglobe.ne.jp/~tascal/download/hpc/tgv_e.htm

HTH

Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2005-03-31 6:29 AM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

MoeMagnum,

I would summise that the issue is with your BMP compiler and that it is storing data to the wrong colour pallet / depth.
Once you save the BMP file on your PC, just open it in MS Paint, and save it again using Save As. With any luck that will correct the pallet issue (should it exist)

Be sure that you are not saving 32-bit images, 24, 16 or 8-bit only.
 Top of the page
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.173 - Cached queries : 44 - Executed queries : 28