x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

680 battery package rebuilt?

1 2
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2005-05-02 9:42 AM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

Blimey! So how many hours do you think you got out of it all in all?
 Top of the page
Snappy! Page Icon Posted 2005-05-02 11:31 AM
#
H/PC Elder

C:Amie - 2005-05-02 7:42 AM

Blimey! So how many hours do you think you got out of it all in all?

Like I said, I have not done a timed discharge. After last night (and few days) discharging to 0% (although I think even this is not accurate, since it can still start up and display full backlight brilliantly!) ... I would prob do a timed discharge with mp3 and full backlight. Though I might detract from mp3 after awhile as its tweety speakers really sound bad enough at low volume ... at max (which was what I did to drain the batt faster), it threatens to tear up both the diaphram of the speakers and my ear drum!

I'll update once I have the results out.
 Top of the page
Snappy! Page Icon Posted 2005-05-02 11:38 AM
#
H/PC Elder

lextre - 2005-04-27 2:40 PM

I bought a set of four from a US seller on eBay for around $30 including shipping. You might want to try there. If you send me a PM I will try to find the seller's details.

Be aware that rebuilding Li-Ion batteries can be tricky. I have still yet to complete a successful rebuild and have lots of useless battery packs laying around as evidence...

So far, I've had success on three batts, for a NEC MP790 (2cells), a Compaq Armada M300 notebook (4cells) and a HP Jornada 680e (2cells).

lextre ... if you want, I can try and rebuild your li-ion packs for you. You have to ship them to and fro from me, that is!
 Top of the page
lextre Page Icon Posted 2005-05-03 1:54 PM
#
Factorite (Elite)

eeerrrmmm, I think I'd need some new cells because mine are 'butchered'. That is, I tried any which way I could to solder them and now I think they're useless. The problem is (was) that because there are three 1850's and there is a special 'twisted' tab linking two of the batteries. I never successfully removed these tabs in tact because they were spot welded onto the batteries in the factory (at least that what it looks like).

Plus, the solder I used just ran right off the tabs (I think they are tin) and I could never get a stable join. Rich Hawley (very helpful by the way) suggested using 'acid' based solder instead of electrical but I cannot find any other solder than the standard electrical stuff here in the UK.

I may try again in the near future but thanks for the offer. Where abouts in the world are you?

Moderators: any chance we can display the last post (instead of the original post) when replying?

Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2005-05-03 5:15 PM
#
H/PC Oracle

Snappy! - 2005-05-02 5:31 PM

After last night (and few days) discharging to 0% (although I think even this is not accurate, since it can still start up and display full backlight brilliantly!) ...

it doesn't mean anything. the battery is still very low and the jornada will turn off soon again. check the voltage (i think it works on the 680 too??) this way:
do a soft reset while pressing the S key and you'll be in HP diagnostics before fully resetting. there you can measure the voltage quite accurately... if it's below 7.1 then don't use your battery any longer but start charging right away!

Edited by cmonex 2005-05-03 5:16 PM
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2005-05-03 5:20 PM
#
H/PC Oracle

ah it should be well over 8-9 hours with wifi and everything. .. if idle time also, then easily over 10 hours (2400 mAh cells?).
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2005-05-03 5:25 PM
#
H/PC Oracle

Snappy! - 2005-05-02 3:06 PM

I think I actually started 1~2 days ago, not feeding it charge current and used it heavily. It dropped from 94% to 80% on second day of heavy use. Then yesterday with the heavy wifi/mp3/etc running, it creeped to 60%. Then stayed for more then dropped to 34% (or something).

can you tell me if the discharging was linear (at least according to the battery meter!)? all my batteries drop quickly to 33% (in as little as two hours) then stay there for long hours.
when i had the 1500 mAh standard battery it was quite linear but my two 728 standard (1960 mAh) batteries aren't linear and now my rebuilt standard (2400 mAh now) isn't either.

Edited by cmonex 2005-05-03 5:27 PM
 Top of the page
1 2
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.187 - Cached queries : 64 - Executed queries : 9