x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

680 battery package rebuilt?

1 2
Johnny
Johnny Page Icon Posted 2005-03-31 4:34 AM
#
Hi
Has any of you rebuilt a battery package for a Jornada 680? My battery package can only charge two "blocks" out of six, so I guess that I have to replace the cells...

Thanks,
Johnny
Denmark
 Top of the page
Snappy! Page Icon Posted 2005-03-31 10:45 AM
#
H/PC Elder

you can check out Rich's website ... he has a page on replacing batteries for the MobilePro 7xx ... but the technique is (should) be similar to that for 680. I believe they use 18650 batts as well.
 Top of the page
matrixcore Page Icon Posted 2005-04-13 11:18 PM
#
H/PC Elite

there's also some page in the net about rebuilding J's batteries. looks very simple although i could be very complicate (pulling things aways is simple, pulling them back WITH no extra pieces left is the problem)

Hope this helps
 Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2005-04-14 7:52 AM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

If your Japanese is any good then this'll help; if it's not then the big pictures will help:
http://www1.linkclub.or.jp/~kenfuji/jornada.htm
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2005-04-14 7:50 PM
#
H/PC Oracle

yes the 18650's are needed. i speak from experience

http://babelfish.altavista.com/babelfish/tr can help anyone who knows no japanese.
 Top of the page
Snappy! Page Icon Posted 2005-04-14 8:13 PM
#
H/PC Elder

there is a site in China selling 18650s cheaply ... around $4 for new 2400mah batts. But the shipping is abit steep ... anyone wanna pool ... pm or email me ...
 Top of the page
lextre Page Icon Posted 2005-04-27 4:40 PM
#
Factorite (Elite)

I bought a set of four from a US seller on eBay for around $30 including shipping. You might want to try there. If you send me a PM I will try to find the seller's details.

Be aware that rebuilding Li-Ion batteries can be tricky. I have still yet to complete a successful rebuild and have lots of useless battery packs laying around as evidence...
 Top of the page
Snappy! Page Icon Posted 2005-04-29 8:29 AM
#
H/PC Elder

I just got my new set of 18650 batts and refurbed my 680e batts (2cells) and my m300 (notebook) batts (4cells). Both are working great! ... except that the m300 needs recalibration ... after letting it recalibrate overnight ... it now thinks I have a 6000mAh batt!! hahhaa ... @15%, it thinks the batt should last 75min!!! well ...

For the 680e, I have not done a run down test, but it is working fine as it is. Only crunch is that on SQ's batt indicator, it keeps showing 96% even when fully charged. Any one encountered this yet?

(For once, I am a good Foruzen. I actually did a search and post to an existing thread instead of creating a new thread! )
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2005-04-29 10:25 AM
#
H/PC Oracle

"on SQ's batt indicator, it keeps showing 96%"

how??? can it report the battery status that accurately?
i already tried SQ and it didn't... i'd like it however... tell me please how to do it
 Top of the page
Snappy! Page Icon Posted 2005-04-29 11:44 AM
#
H/PC Elder

cmonex - 2005-04-29 8:25 AM

"on SQ's batt indicator, it keeps showing 96%"

how??? can it report the battery status that accurately?
i already tried SQ and it didn't... i'd like it however... tell me please how to do it

There is the buttons options in the setup. One of them enables the batt meter.
 Top of the page
ESCAPEMAX Page Icon Posted 2005-04-29 4:53 PM
#
Factorite (Elite)

There is a place on the web called WWW.PARTSEXPRESS.COM
They sell battery cells. And have a Tech page (Forum) That people there can help you rebuild/Upgrade. Or pretty much anything electrical.
Chris
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2005-04-29 7:06 PM
#
H/PC Oracle

Snappy! - 2005-04-29 5:44 PM

yep, i know. but it doesn't measure the battery so accurately as yours!! it's just 16, 33, 50, 66, 83, 100%.... sucks... how did you achieve that it shows 96%...
 Top of the page
Snappy! Page Icon Posted 2005-04-29 9:01 PM
#
H/PC Elder

cmonex - 2005-04-29 5:06 PM

Snappy! - 2005-04-29 5:44 PM

yep, i know. but it doesn't measure the battery so accurately as yours!! it's just 16, 33, 50, 66, 83, 100%.... sucks... how did you achieve that it shows 96%...

Beats me ... I would be happy if it gave me 100% ... ... 'cos the built-in meter showed 100%
 Top of the page
Snappy! Page Icon Posted 2005-04-29 9:07 PM
#
H/PC Elder

ESCAPEMAX - 2005-04-29 2:53 PM

There is a place on the web called WWW.PARTSEXPRESS.COM
They sell battery cells. And have a Tech page (Forum) That people there can help you rebuild/Upgrade. Or pretty much anything electrical.
Chris

hmmm ... wonder where the li-ion cells are in this site?
 Top of the page
Snappy! Page Icon Posted 2005-05-02 9:06 AM
#
H/PC Elder

An update on the 680 battery package rebuilding thingie ... it turned out easier than the 790 batts. The case are sealed, but not super-glue sealed, not plastic-fused sealed like the 790s. A few incisions and prying got the case opened.

The refurbed batts works great, but I still have not done a strict discharge test. Yesterday I tried to run down the battery by pluggin in the wifi and playing mp3s (and later even play video with Betaplayer, courtesy of PocketDVD conversion! ) ... it took me so long I almost gave up ...

I think I actually started 1~2 days ago, not feeding it charge current and used it heavily. It dropped from 94% to 80% on second day of heavy use. Then yesterday with the heavy wifi/mp3/etc running, it creeped to 60%. Then stayed for more then dropped to 34% (or something).

Finally, at night, I gave up and set the suspend timeout to non (with stweak) and plug in the wifi. That is after playing mp3 for some more. I think it hung onto 14% for awhile until I slept. Woke up this morning to find that the system forced itself to shutoff after another 2 hours! ...

Interestingly, it is still able to turn on with full backlight and wifi running.

Its now on a full recharge. Maybe it will resume 100% now?
 Top of the page
1 2
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.218 - Cached queries : 70 - Executed queries : 10