x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

REQ:who is the Best Seller of 900c's on ebay under $150 ?

1 2
thcrw739 Page Icon Posted 2007-05-03 8:18 PM
#
H/PC Sensei

I wasnt sure what area to put this in so i put it here to be safe..

Like the thread title says , i was wondering what the best & safest seller to get a mobilepro 900c from on us ebay under the $150 mark ?

Thanks in advance

Edited by thcrw739 2007-05-03 8:18 PM
 Top of the page
michelbel Page Icon Posted 2007-05-06 5:41 PM
#
Subscribers
H/PC Philosopher

Huizen, Netherlands (~20 miles from Amsterdam)
I got an excellent one from laptopshopp on Ebay- screen much better than described, for $99 plus shipping,
charger included (US though - had to resolder to the prongs). Good battery, decent package.

He has now 21 units Grade A for $139, including charger and wireless. I recommend this seller.
 Top of the page
voneschenbach Page Icon Posted 2007-05-07 10:56 AM
#
Factorite (Senior)

I would avoid buying MP900s from lucite-bakelite. The unit he sold me was in very poor condition (missing screws, major scratches, missing rubber footpads, etc.) and wasn't working while he had described it as tested and in "very good" condition. Despite a story about using these units in his business to replace blackberry units, he appears to have gotten these from a liquidator near to his residence.

He also refuses to pay shipping to return defective units. If I get something that is described as being in "very good" condition, and it doesn't work and is in very poor condition, I expect the seller to pay for the return shipping and to either refund me or send another unit that matches the condition of description.

This is yet another example of the worthlessness of the eBay feedback system. Another buyer who experienced similar issues gave him a bad feedback, so he gave her bad feedback and now the feedback has been "mutually withdrawn", a classic tactic of the larger sellers.

My dispute is now in the PayPal dispute resolution process. It is taking forever, but I understand the seller can't access his money either.

Has anyone had a similar experience with this seller or gone through the PayPal dispute resolution process successfully?

Top of the page
voneschenbach Page Icon Posted 2007-05-07 10:56 AM
#
Factorite (Senior)

Sorry - duplicate posting due to a web form error. Admin: please delete. Thanks!

Edited by voneschenbach 2007-05-07 11:02 AM
 Top of the page
michelbel Page Icon Posted 2007-05-07 11:27 AM
#
Subscribers
H/PC Philosopher

Huizen, Netherlands (~20 miles from Amsterdam)
And note that laptopshopp also takes decent 'Best Offers' - I bought two again under the 'Buy-it-now' price, but, as a sometime seller myself I won't spoil his business by telling exactly how much under...
 Top of the page
thcrw739 Page Icon Posted 2007-05-07 11:27 AM
#
H/PC Sensei

I went ahead and ordered a grade A from laptop shop, i didnt need the wireless card so he gave me a price of $120 with out, so i guess we shall see when it gets here..but i have had a few others say to me that laptopshop would be the best choice as well so im pretty comfortable about my decision...

Thanks All for your input
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2007-05-07 2:35 PM
#
H/PC Oracle

gone through the PayPal dispute resolution process successfully?

yes but it was an easier case.. i just never received anything and seller admitted that, then he disappeared and i filed for paypal and that was it. he never even replied to the dispute or anything. also i don't (can't) have a confirmed address so seller didn't have spp..

other than that, i usually order for my friends (local) from laptopshopp.. or sometimes isotherm's faulty units are a great deal - i've had all of them fixed (i mean ones i ordered ).

Edited by cmonex 2007-05-07 2:35 PM
 Top of the page
Duke2k
Duke2k Page Icon Posted 2007-05-14 2:50 PM
#
Hello @all,

I bought a NEC MP900C from laptopshopp as well, but I was unfortunate since I received a damaged item. Shipping to Germany took longer than te return&refund period of 7 days, so I was out of luck. 99$ + 37$ shipping + approx 20$ customs = approx. 156$ thrown out the window.

The item seems to have a serious power management problem. Connected to the AC power supply with no batteries (yes, no main and no backup battery installed!) it starts up fine and I can install the batteries after that. When suspended, the unit doesn't turn back on.

The second flaw is a damaged touchscreen - screen calibration doesn't take calibration settings. It notices the stylus taps on the screen but doesn't save them.

So - I basically have a NEC MP900C for sale, which at least doesn't have any faulty pixels, but otherwise, the two issues described above render the item basically useless, unless for spare parts. I'll wait for your best offer, shipping costs extra. Comes with AC adapter, main battery and stylus. Maybe someone of you can get it to work, I can't.

Kindest regards,
Duke2k

Edited by Duke2k 2007-05-14 2:50 PM
 Top of the page
laptopshopp Page Icon Posted 2007-05-14 4:00 PM
#
H/PC Newbie

you should of contacted me i could take care of that for you..i do test them before shipping obviously so it sounds like something got loose in the mbd in your case..the calibration not holding is due to the primary video cable getting loose from the connector..when reseated you will find that it will work..i have seen some where they wont turn back on until the main battery is charged up..if the mbd is truly faulty i have replacement bases i could send to you,do a three minute screen swap and there you go
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2007-05-14 4:05 PM
#
H/PC Oracle

sorry to hear about your problem did you ask laptopshopp about the problem?
edit: i see he posted just now

but i'll leave my post here just in case it helps..
you could check a few things: do you always lock the battery lock properly? if you leave the unit on AC without batteries, is it able to turn back on after a suspend? if you adjust the screen cable, does that help with the touch screen issue? this often helps, and doesn't even require a hard reset. also, what firmware version do you have? i could check your bootloader, could be faulty bootloader code (not a big chance but who knows). i've had that with another device (and fixed it).
- this would be better for a separate thread though. or send a PM

edit: right, i've seen one unit where it wouldnt turn back on if you ever put it on AC *and* suspend it. this was a long time ago, never had the chance to find out more about its problem

Edited by cmonex 2007-05-14 4:08 PM
 Top of the page
clpainter
clpainter Page Icon Posted 2007-05-14 8:15 PM
#
I bought mine from laptopshopp on ebay and made an offer of $110 which was accepted. Came with the wireless card and a 64mb CF card. Unit was in great condition and I'd highly recommend them!

~Cris
 Top of the page
thcrw739 Page Icon Posted 2007-05-14 8:50 PM
#
H/PC Sensei

I got my unit from laptopshop today, all seems well so far, its in good shape with only some light scratches on the case and underneath wich is to be expected with anything used like this...

Screen and inside when opened looks close to perfect if not just...

Not sure about the battery yet still charging, but the back up battery was fresh it seems, and it came with a 64mb cf card...

Will update later...

Top of the page
RichardK Page Icon Posted 2007-05-20 6:45 AM
#
H/PC Newbie

I got one from Laptopshopp as well - I'm pleased with it! The only cosmetic issue it has are the rear feet, it's been a bit abused and the bits they'd fit into are "chewed up" - but the rest of the unit actually seems to have lighter scratching than most I've seen!
 Top of the page
thcrw739 Page Icon Posted 2007-05-20 10:26 AM
#
H/PC Sensei

Well everything is well,
I was missing the back feet as well, but i wrote Craig at laptopshop about it and he sent me a pair of back feet with out any problems...
(Wasnt a big deal, but call me picky)

Battery seems to be normal..

I ordered an extended battery from him to have a little more juice for extended wifi time..

I would highly recommend laptopshop if your thinking about getting a mobilepro...
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2007-05-20 10:31 AM
#
H/PC Oracle

yes, absolutely recommended by me too.
 Top of the page
1 2
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.234 - Cached queries : 67 - Executed queries : 15