x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

Ambicom BT2000D-CF Bluetooth CF Card

1 2 3
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2007-06-10 1:25 AM
#
H/PC Oracle

maybe you could send me your full registry export to check whats the problem with it. use PHM or TRE regeditor to export it and send it to contactchan at freemail.hu

btw, does the phone offer no DUN service? just a serial port? that can be a problem

but you get "opening port" because you didnt do all the registry edits.
 Top of the page
sixftunda Page Icon Posted 2007-06-10 8:34 AM
#
H/PC Newbie

I am doing some more research, there is a widcomm hack for my phone. I will try it later today.
cmonex, did you get my reg file?
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2007-06-10 1:08 PM
#
H/PC Oracle

yes i did get it but i just remembered what your problem is:

my widcomm readme says:

value of Name will be the value of your BDNAme
BDDevClass is just BDDevClass
and xxxxxx will be your BDAddress in the .reg file

you do have xxxxxx. there is no BDAddress obviously. sorry if the desc isnt clear enough. your BDAddress is what you see here:

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Widcomm\BtConfig\Devices\00:1a:77:09:b4:31]

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Widcomm\BtConfig\Devices\00:12:47:71:32:33]

you paired two devices i guess. you need either 00,1a,77,09,b4,31 or 00,12,47,71,32,33 depending on which device you want to use.

let me know what happens.
 Top of the page
sixftunda Page Icon Posted 2007-06-10 4:07 PM
#
H/PC Newbie

Ok i have hard reset everything and made some adjustments to my phone. Now I have started trying to do the reg entries and all the values are symbols and not numbers. Using TRE btw. I have hacked the bejeezes out of my ppc's but this 900c is driving me nuts!
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2007-06-10 4:52 PM
#
H/PC Oracle

how do you mean they are symbols?? can you show a screenshot?
 Top of the page
sixftunda Page Icon Posted 2007-06-10 5:11 PM
#
H/PC Newbie

I did a hard reset and reinstalled everything but still the same the where the numbers should be in the registry values there are symbols. For example the number four is a file cabinet or the number 7 is a folder.
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2007-06-10 5:43 PM
#
H/PC Oracle

please show a screenshot of this, i don't understand..

also can you reply to my email?

Edited by cmonex 2007-06-10 5:43 PM
 Top of the page
sixftunda Page Icon Posted 2007-06-12 1:01 AM
#
H/PC Newbie

Ok getting closer. Now I get "The requested service is not running on this device. I have tried with the i730 and a razr. Anyone have any ideas?
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2007-06-12 4:42 AM
#
H/PC Oracle

i don't, i only have experience with gsm but are you sure your phone is allowed to share the net over bt dun? i hear cdma phones are often locked not to do that.
 Top of the page
bikereff Page Icon Posted 2009-01-01 3:12 PM
#
H/PC Newbie

Just following this thread, I tried to use the widcomm driver (BTW-CE.PPC420_2577.cab) from cmonex's website and also the one with 2577_2 at the end as well. Neither brought up the bluetooth card (AmbiCom BT2000-CF). tcamp did a lot of work just to get his to work.

cmonex: Are the drivers on your website already hexed or edited and ready to run? I am already running your V2.0 on my 900c. Is there a series of steps that I am doing wrong?

The steps I am using:
download .cab files
Install .cab by doubletap (I am creating a folder called "BT" in Windows for the files)
reset the unit
After the reset, the bluetooth icon is in the tray with a red "x" in it.
insert the card, I get one green blink and then nothing.

As tcamp stated, I tried the reset and re-insert of the card a couple of times and tried to run the "BTWizardCE" utility with no results (cannot find the card nor initialize it.)

So, what am I doing wrong?
 Top of the page
bikereff Page Icon Posted 2009-01-01 6:47 PM
#
H/PC Newbie

Ok, here we go:
I downloaded the widcomm package from cmonex and installed per the readme directions. I had the bluetooth actually initialize then pair with my phone. Wow! The phone saw the mobilepro and the mobilepro saw the phone and they actually paired!

Then the fun began, I tried t run the bluetooth manager and it came up and locked up the 900c. After a soft reset, it would initialize the card and then it started this shut-down thing that required me to hit the power button 2 or 3 times before it stayed on. After a couple of those, the card failed to initialize anymore.

I tried another install and after pairing, it did the same thing again. I didn't even get a chance to get to the hexedit of the registry to get the DUN working. This last time I had to do a hard reset to get the platform stable, then do a restore from the CF card (thank the great handheld Gods for Backup) to set the unit back the way I wanted it.

So, anyone know where I went wrong?
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2009-01-03 1:49 AM
#
H/PC Oracle

please do not use bluetooth manager. the rest works fine. BTW use: BTW-CE.PPC420_2577_2.cab from http://hpcmonex.net/izemize/widcommCE42.zip this is the unedited wm2003 widcomm driver, should be fine on my rom. (the other unedited one without the _2 somehow is no good, IIRC.)

Edited by cmonex 2009-01-03 1:51 AM
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2009-01-03 1:51 AM
#
H/PC Oracle

Install .cab by doubletap (I am creating a folder called "BT" in Windows for the files)

do not create folder - let the CAB install wherever it wants to go.
 Top of the page
bikereff Page Icon Posted 2009-01-03 4:50 PM
#
H/PC Newbie

Thank you, cmonex. I will try this again.

Question, when I try to pair, I just use the BTWizard? And what software do I use to edit the file to access the DUN of my phone. (I checked and my phone, a Samsung SCH-R430, has DUN capability)

Thank you, again.
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2009-01-06 1:26 AM
#
H/PC Oracle

yes btwizard works ok, or you can initiate the pairing from the phone as well.
file? you mean the .reg file?
 Top of the page
1 2 3
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.218 - Cached queries : 53 - Executed queries : 29