x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

Font Install on MobilePro 780 not working

sonnylarsen Page Icon Posted 2007-06-09 10:00 PM
#
H/PC Newbie

First of all, I have not been able to search at all on this site, I don't know if that is a common problem or just me, but I keep getting a timeout.

Anyway, I have not been able to get a TrueType font installed following th instructions from the support area. I copied the font from the CF card to the Windows\Fonts directory and did a soft reset. The font does not show up in any applications. After this I also copied the font to the Windows directory where all the other fonts are and did a soft reset. Still not working. I tried the whole thing with another font and it didn't work either. I am at a loss here.

The 2 fonts I tried were Georgia and Geneva, both windows ttf fonts, both work on my XP PC.

Any help would be appreciated.
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2007-06-09 11:15 PM
#
H/PC Oracle

to further test, you should open a doc on the 900c that uses this font, and see if it displays the doc ok.
 Top of the page
sonnylarsen Page Icon Posted 2007-06-10 3:19 PM
#
H/PC Newbie

OK, I tested it on my 780 and the fonts do not show up. First I tried an html doc in PIE, both georgia and geneva show up as Arial. I tested a word doc in Textmaker, and they also showed up as Arial, although if you put a cursor in the line it would display the font name it is supposed to be on the font bar. Neither font shows up in the menu for textmaker.

I have no clue what to do. My only thought is that perhaps the TTF format has changed in the years since CE 2.11 was released and that these fonts are not recognized? Is there some kind of program to convert these fonts from ttf to another format like .fnt?
 Top of the page
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.187 - Cached queries : 43 - Executed queries : 26