x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

xp vista hpc-pro and mobile5 synchro problems

wim fleuren
wim fleuren Page Icon Posted 2007-06-10 8:36 AM
#
Hi There,

how can i work with these together since activesync 3.7 is the last to support the hpc-pro on an xp computer

i happened to buy a fujitsu-siemens t830 pda with mobile 5 and a hp-pavillion notebook with vista home premium

i wonder what workaround is there to synchronise the 4. Especially important is the synchronisation of the contacts. less task lists, less mail and other files

the hpc-pro is a sharp mobilon pv 5000a (full keyboard and a 21 cm 640x480 touchscreen) a marvel for making notes during a meeting, still going strong after 10! years.

anyone a good idea?

many thanx
wim fleuren
wim.fleuren@gmail.com
 Top of the page
Pundit Patty Page Icon Posted 2007-06-20 10:17 PM
#
H/PC Newbie

I recently purchased a Clio C-1050 and was not able to use my new laptop with Vista for synching. I actually had to buy an older XP. Luckily, I found a cheap one on ebay which worked fine. My guess is that you need to go to an earlier version of Active Sync. I had success with Active Synch 3.1 I think I found it at TuCows.

I also have an Ipaq and Smartphone which run Windows Mobile 5. I can sync those with the Vista computer. You can't download and install the Active Sync 3.1 on the Vista computer, because you can't run both programs and can't install an earlier version without removing the newer one. Your only solution is to use another computer for syncing the Mobilon, one which is running XP or an earlier operating system.

If I am correct, your version of the Mobilon has 32MB and is very similar to the 1050. You might be interested to know that I was able to install and set up a wireless connection with the Clio. If your interested in learning how to use a wireless card, let me know. You do need a PCMCIA adapter and CF wireless card.
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2007-06-21 12:43 AM
#
H/PC Oracle

one hint: you can use activesync 3.8, which is probably more stable than 3.1.. downloadable from support section on this site

Edited by cmonex 2007-06-21 12:43 AM
 Top of the page
wim fleuren
wim fleuren Page Icon Posted 2007-06-27 2:55 PM
#
I am using 3.7 on an xp-system. After synchronising on this system, I export the shared files to a usb stick. After that I import them to the vista system and vise versa. Quite a long way.

Is this the only way? Or is there something more clever?
 Top of the page
quiche Page Icon Posted 2007-06-27 4:06 PM
#
H/PC Sensei

Did you try infrared?
 Top of the page
ZSX Page Icon Posted 2007-06-28 1:25 PM
#
H/PC Elite

How I Synchronize All My Devices

I have a Windows XP box (A) running ActiveSync 3.8 which syncs with my H/PCs and PsPCs.
AND
I have another Windows XP box (B) running ActiveSync 4.0 which syncs with WM5 and PPC2003 devices.
AND
I have a WM6 device not syncing with any PC directly.

(B) is the main machine. To sync (A) with (B) I have created a Yahoo! email account and installed the free version of Intellisync on both computers. This keeps all Outlook PIM data (contacts, calendar, tasks, notes) on the two desktops in line with each other and allows them to sync with their various devices.

The WM6 device uses the built-in Windows Live Messenger sync function to sync the device with Windows Live Hotmail contacts (but not calendar, tasks or notes). To sync contacts on Outlook on (A) with the Windows Live Hotmail account, I use Windows Live Contacts Importer.

Hope that helps! I don't have any Vista boxes (yet), so don't know whether these things work on that OS.

Edited by ZSX 2007-06-28 1:27 PM
 Top of the page
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.140 - Cached queries : 60 - Executed queries : 10