x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

WMP 7.1 for HPC???

1 2
nutzareus Page Icon Posted 2005-06-18 10:26 PM
#
H/PC Newbie

Anyone get this to work? I installed GAPI from wincesoft.de and the aygshell.dll and WMP 7.1 seems to open and then close on my J720.
 Top of the page
gorgon5 Page Icon Posted 2006-01-11 10:04 PM
#
Factorite (Elite)

I got this far, too, throwing every .dll I could find and hexediting at it. Anyone succeed?
 Top of the page
Rocketman Page Icon Posted 2006-01-11 10:18 PM
#
H/PC Philosopher

I am all for giving people as much choice as possible in terms of available applications, but what does WMP 7.1 offer a HPC that say TCPMP does not? Are there certain codecs or drm features that will only work with WMP?

Top of the page
CE Geek Page Icon Posted 2006-01-11 11:29 PM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Oracle

For some of us, it's become a kind of hobby on the side to try to get Pocket PC apps to work in H/PC 2000. Maybe they just want to be able to say that they did it.
 Top of the page
gorgon5 Page Icon Posted 2006-01-12 4:10 AM
#
Factorite (Elite)

Rocketman - 2006-01-11 10:18 PM

I am all for giving people as much choice as possible in terms of available applications, but what does WMP 7.1 offer a HPC that say TCPMP does not? Are there certain codecs or drm features that will only work with WMP?

For me it's streaming audio. The only option that pops up on www.kexp.org using PIE is .wmx streaming, and TCPMP gives an error when trying to play it.
 Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2006-01-12 2:30 PM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

Yes, I have.

There is little benefit in actualyl do ing so though. Video works abhorrently, you're much better off ripping to beta player. Most web streams and file will run at sub 4 FPS, if not a lot worse.

The only benefit is that it can connect to WMA web streams, provided of course they're not using odd codec combinations. That has its uses.
On the flip side, it takes a lot of RAM, makes a complete mess of the system registry and the only real way to get a tidy system after fiddling is to hard reset / restore.
 Top of the page
TFGBD Page Icon Posted 2006-02-27 2:35 AM
#
H/PC Philosopher

I don't understand. Why would the Todopocket PC forum admins remove instructions for geting the Pocket PC Media Player 7 to run?
It is freeware anyway...
 Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2006-02-28 3:40 PM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

Microsoft could concievably have asked them to remove it. Which is why we don't touch hacking here.
An unhappy Microsoft makes for an unhappy site alas :-(
 Top of the page
1 2
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.203 - Cached queries : 63 - Executed queries : 18